White is for Magic by Laurie Faria Stolarz

The nightmares return for Stacey just when she thinks her life is pretty darn close to perfect. The perfect boyfriend, great school, and pretty darn awsome friends or so she thinks. Drea and her seem off (I'm not a Drea fan, and this book doesn't help...), Chad and her seem to be missing something, and her nightmares she can't quite piece together. Stacey is in a whirlpool of confusion through the whole book to get the answers before it is too late...

Stolarz is one of my favorite authors, I love her language and the way to build up the thrill for the readers. I just had issues with Chad and Drea through the book. I think I just kept comparing this book to the touch series which isn't fair to it... Though this book has it's fair share of amusing characters. Though it got a little repeative to read 'm is for murder.' Though there was a string of creepy characters! Sorry I'm doing like 5 things at once while writing this review... ( )
  ottilieweber | Apr 24, 2014 |
White is for Magic by Laurie Faria Stolarz is about a high school girl named Stacy and a year later it's happening again. She is having terrible and disturbing nightmares. However this time they are about her past. There are also other problems.

Stacey can't ignore the strange letters that she's been receiving. There is No return address, no signature - and the same messages she's been hearing in her nightmares.

What's worse is that Stacey's not the only one having nightmares. There's a new boy named Jacob and he claims that he's been having nightly premonitions of Stacey's death for months. He says his dreams so realistic that he transferred schools to find her and stop the killer. Stacy now has to trust Jacob or else there will be consequences. ( )
1 vote ctmsnocr | Nov 21, 2011 |
Stacey is a Wiccan teenager who has premonitions of death. When she starts having nightmares, she must put together the clues that come to her in her dreams to figure out who is trying to kill her.

I absolutely love this series! Stolarz once again sucks the reader in from page one and keeps you reading all night long. If you like magic and fantasy, this is a book for you!

Series order: Blue, White, Silver, Red, Black ( )
  simply00complex | Aug 12, 2011 |
White is for Magic is the second in the Stolarz series. It continues to follow the life of Stacey Brown in her senior year of boarding school. She has been getting nightmares about Maura and Veronica who have already died. She qustions why she is dreaming about people she saw murdered and Drea who she saved last year from Donnovan. Then she meets a Jacob a transfer student from colorado who comes to her aid as she starts to think she may be next. I over all really enjoyed the book. ( )
  ErPi111 | Jan 31, 2011 |
A year has passed since Stacey Brown saved her best friend from a horrible death. Now she's having nightmares again, haunted by ghosts of the brutally murdered... and by a crazed stalker. As she desperatley casts healing spells, a new student named Jacob enters her world. Beautiful and mysteroius, he reveals that he is also having dreams. To stop a killer, they must join together.

My own Opinion of this book is that it's pretty good. It has it's drama points and scarey moments and action. I don't like how it's set at a slow pace but near the end everything starts to come along. I believe the author of this book makes some pretty good books. ( )
  NickF. | Oct 19, 2010 |

A year has passed since Stacey Brown saved her best friend from a horrible death. Now she's having nightmares again, haunted by ghosts of the brutally murdered . . . and by a crazed stalker. As she desperately casts healing spells, a new student named Jacob enters her world. Beautiful and mysterious, he reveals that he is also having dreams. To stop a killer, they must join together. But can Jacob be trusted? Or will this new love cause her darkest dreams to come true?

Don't miss a single book in the series:
Blue is for Nightmares
White is for Magic
Silver is for Secrets
Red is for Remembrance

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:14 -0400)

Sixteen-year-old hereditary witch Stacey Brown is having nightmares that predict death again, but this time the murderous stalker is after her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,485,245 books! | Top bar: Always visible