Queen of Sorcery (The Belgariad, Book 2) by…

Queen of Sorcery (The Belgariad, Book 2) (original 1982; edition 1986)

by David Eddings

Member:nexist
Title:Queen of Sorcery (The Belgariad, Book 2)
Authors:David Eddings
Info:
Rating:*****
Tags:Fantasy

Queen of Sorcery by David Eddings (1982)

English (28)  Finnish (2)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (34)
Queen of Sorcery 237pg- **1/2 There's a place in The Lord of the Rings where Tolkien skips an entire two weeks of the journey - because nothing of interest happens. Eddings could have learned a lot from Tolkien - here nothing of interest happens for almost the entire book! ( )
  5hrdrive | Sep 12, 2014 |
Il secondo volume continua bene come il primo. I personaggi crescono bene, soprattutto Garion con i suoi problemi adolescenziali e quelli legati al futuro che lo attende (che futuro sia lo si capisce, ma l'autore lo porta avanti molto bene). Consigliato! ( )
  cecca | Jul 28, 2014 |
Leuk, avontuurlijk tweede deel uit deze serie. Het wordt wat serieuzer en duisterder en dat komt het verhaal ten goede. De karakters blijven nog wat plat en cliché uitgetekend hoewel Garion wel wat groeit. Het zou leuk zijn als andere personages, zoals Durnik daar ook wat meer ruimte voor krijgen. Dat geldt ook voor de "slechteriken". ( )
  Maaike15274 | May 27, 2014 |
the second volume convinced me that this would be a better read than the "sword of Shannara" series by Terry Brooks. So I signed up to read the third one. The first sentence was faint praise though. ( )
  DinadansFriend | Dec 2, 2013 |
The story picks up a lot. The copy I was reading contains the first three books in the series and began with a letter from the author detailing how he realizes how simplistic the series is. A mighty quest with varied characters culminating in an epic battle. I'll finish the series at some point. I do enjoy the series but I would not give it more than three stars. ( )
  renrav | Sep 22, 2013 |

David Eddingsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Beierle, CameronNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Guarnieri, AnnaritaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Haarala, TarmoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schwinger,LaurenceCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Shapiro, ShellyCartographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Spångberg, YlvaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Helen, who gave me the most precious thing in my life, and for Mike, who taught me how to play.
Being an Account of the Battle of the Kingdoms of the West against the most heinous Invasion and Evil of Kal Torak.
- based upon The Battle of Vo Mimbre

In the youth of the world, the evil God Torak stole the Orb of Aldur and fled, seeking dominion.
Vo Wacune was no more.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345335651, Mass Market Paperback)

"BELGARIAD is exactly the kind of fantasy I like. It has magic, adventure, humor, mystery, and a certain delightful human insight."
PIERS ANTHONY
The master Sorcerer Belgarath and his daughter Polgara the arch-Sorceress were on the trail of the Orb, seeking to regain its saving power before the final disaster prophesized by the legends. And with them went Garion, a simple farm boy only months before, but now the focus of the struggle. He had never believed in sorcery and wanted no part of it. Yet with every league they traveled, the power grew in him, forcing him to acts of wizardry he could not accept.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:32 -0400)

A farm boy becomes involved in the struggle to recover the powerful Orb of Aldur and prevent the evil God Torak from taking control of the world.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,401,730 books! | Top bar: Always visible