dismiss

Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson - Moon…

Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson - Moon Called Volume 1 (edition 2011)

by Patricia Briggs (Author), David Lawrence (Author), Amelia Woo (Artist)

Mercy Thompson inhabits two worlds without truly belonging to either. To the human inhabitants of the Tri-Cities she's an oddity, a female mechanic operating her own garage. To the town's darker residents, werewolves, vampires, and fae, she's a walker, a last-of-her-kind magical being with the power to become a coyote. Mercy warily straddles the fine line dividing our everyday world from that darker dimension... 'till a boy, mauled by vicious werewolves and forever changed by the attack and on the run from those who committed the crime, appears at her door. Now her two worlds are about to collide! Outnumbered and out-muscled, can Mercy possibly save the boy... or even herself?… (more)
Member:jjmcgaffey
Title:Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson - Moon Called Volume 1
Authors:Patricia Briggs (Author)
Other authors:David Lawrence (Author), Amelia Woo (Artist)
Info:Dynamite Entertainment (2011), 128 pages
Collections:Read, Read this year, Read but unowned, Working on
Rating:***
Tags:Fic, GN, GN:Books, @Hoopla, SF, _Omnibus, _OmnibusPBMT-MC1

Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 1 [Graphic Novel] by Patricia Briggs

Pretty close to matching the story of the book (much modified, of course) - but the images don't match what I see in my head, so it distracts rather than enhances, for me. Not bad but I liked the text book better. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Apr 1, 2020 |
A condensed version of the first half of the story. I liked seeing the story! ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
Did a nice job of following the original story. Their Adam didn't match my mental image. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Read for Fun (Library Book)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 4.00
Graphic Rating: 4.00

Read It File It (Short Review): Mercy Thompson Moon Called Volume 1 by Patricia Briggs was my first ever graphic novel. I am glad I started with a story I knew so that I could spend some time learning how to read the frames (sounds silly but that took a bit). I really enjoyed the graphics and thought they added a little oomph to a story I already love. ( )
  thehistorychic | Jan 25, 2015 |
I enjoyed this new spin on a familiar favorite, but did not like being stopped mid-story. Definitely motivation to track down the rest of the graphic novels, but if it's always this much of a treasure hunt it's going to put me off the medium (or make me wait until someone collects them all together in one volume). ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lawrence, DavidAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Woo, AmeliaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This book is a graphic version of the novel Moon Called and should not be combined with that novel.
This is a graphic novelization of the novel  Moon Called and should not be combined with that novel or any of the single comic issues which comprise the graphic novel.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 143,927,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible