Red Mist by Patricia Cornwell

Red Mist (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Patricia Cornwell, Kate Burton (Reader)

Member:SharronA
Title:Red Mist
Authors:Patricia Cornwell
Other authors:Kate Burton (Reader)
Info:Penguin Audio (2011), Edition: Unabridged, 11 Audio CDs, approx. 13 hours
Collections:Your library, Audio
Rating:***
Tags:mystery series

Red Mist by Patricia Cornwell (2011)

English (28)  Dutch (3)  All languages (31)
Couldn't make head or tail of what was happening at first, seemed very waffly, only really began to enjoy it from about 40% of the way in to the book. ( )
  mlfhlibrarian | Apr 1, 2016 |
This isn't going well so far. Sometimes I wonder if listening to audio editions colors my opinion of a book when I hear in someone else's voice and inflections in stead of what I make up in my own head. My point is that Kay is coming across the way her detractors throughout the series have always described her. Totally wrapped up in herself and superior. I am finding it hard to care about her anymore. Hope it gets better! It's sad that I was changing the cd's in my player and think I may have skipped two of them without knowing it...anyway, it got better once they got into the real case and off the ruminations, but I still have enjoyed others of the series much better. ( )
  MaureenCean | Feb 2, 2016 |
A good suspenseful Cornwell novel. I did not really think that the last Kay Scarpetta novel I read was that great. This one was better! This is #19 in the series. I should look at them and see if I have read all 19. I got really tired of them for a while, but this one may bring me back. ( )
  TheresaCIncinnati | Aug 17, 2015 |
Actually I liked this book better than the last several. She went back to including some actual pathology, discussed an autopsy and even did some cooking. The things I think people liked about her original books. Of course it helped that it was set in GA too. What I don't like about the last several books, including this one, is Kay's developing insecurity and self deprecating mannerisms. ( )
  rxtheresa | Apr 5, 2015 |
The new Kay Scarpetta novel from the world's #1 bestselling crime writer. Determined to find out what happened to her former deputy chief, Jack Fielding, murdered six months earlier, Kay Scarpetta travels to the Georgia Prison for Women, where an inmate has information not only on Fielding, but also on a string of grisly killings. The murder of an Atlanta family years ago, a young woman on death row, and the inexplicable deaths of homeless people ( )
  Tutter | Feb 26, 2015 |

Cornwell, Patriciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Burton, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Trouw-Luyckx, MiekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels,
Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.
~Revelations 16:1
As always, I am grateful to Dr. Staci Gruber for her incredible technical skills and expertise, and her patience and encouragement.

This book is dedicated to you, Staci
Iron rails the rusty brown of old blood cut across a cracked paved road that leads deeper into the Lowcountry.

On her quest to find out exactly what happened to her recently murdered former deputy chief, Jack Fielding, Scarpetta drive to the Feorgia Prison for Women to meet a convicted sex offender and the mother of a vicious and diabolically brilliant killer. Against the advice of her FBI forensic psychologist husband, Benton Wesley, Scarpetta is determined to hear this woman out.
Scarpetta has both personal and professional reasons to learn more about a string of grisly killings; the muder of a Savannah family years earlier, a young woman on death row, and then other inexplicable deaths that begin to occur at a breathtaking pace. Driven by inner forces, Carpetta discovers connections that compel her to conclude that what she thought ended with Fielding's death and an attempt on her own life is only the beginning of something far more destructive; a terrifuing terrain of conspiracy and potential terrorism on an international scale.
And she is the only one who can stop it.

Determined to find out what happened to her former deputy chief, Jack Fielding, murdered six months earlier, Kay Scarpetta travels to the Georgia Prison for Women, where an inmate has information not only on Fielding, but also on a string of grisly killings.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,851,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible