The gingerbread man loose in the school by…

The gingerbread man loose in the school (edition 2011)

by Laura Murray, Mike Lowery (Illustrator)

Member:Kemcn7
Title:The gingerbread man loose in the school
Authors:Laura Murray
Other authors:Mike Lowery (Illustrator)
Info:New York : G. P. Putnam's Sons, c2011.
Rating:*****
Tags:back to school, gingerbread men, holidays, scavenger hunt, PreK-2nd grade, picture book, fantasy

The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School by Laura Murray

It reads as good as it looks, this book is about a gingerbread man who is looking for whoever baked him. Funny the children are looking for him too and it seems he gets himself into a little mischief here and there but all in good fun and hes on a noble quest so I think its ok. Once again its funny and one of those to share with kinds in the classroom or at home.
  josephumana | Mar 15, 2015 |
My class has read about 10 different versions of the gingerbread man (including the gingerbread girl, cowboy, etc). They are going to be SO excited when I bring them this one to share! ( )
  reynolds2 | Mar 6, 2015 |
I really enjoy this book and use it in my own classroom. I enjoy reading several different versions of a story to kids. This gives them a better understanding of the control an author has to make their book exactly what they want. This is a cute story and would work well during the first week of school for younger kids to review some of the different locations within the building.
  dkemp | Jan 19, 2015 |
Children in a elementary classroom bake a gingerbread man and leave the classroom to go to another class, but the gingerbread man wakes up! He spends the rest of the story searching the school for his lost friends.
  ashleykalar | Oct 4, 2014 |
This was an interesting read that I enjoyed since I have read the regular Gingerbread man. Instead of the Ginger Bread Man running away from his makers, he instead goes looking for his baker friends. The cookies takes a journey through the school and finally ends with finding the children. I like how this book rhymes throughout, this would help kids see how books can rhyme. ( )
  AliciaFine | Jun 8, 2014 |

A gingerbread man searches all over the school for the group of children that made him and then left him behind.

When a class leaves for recess, their just-baked Gingerbread Man is left behind. But he's a smart cookie and heads out to find them. He'll run, slide, skip, and (after a mishap with a soccer ball) limp as fast as he can because: "I can catch them! I'm their Gingerbread Man!"

With help from the gym teacher, the nurse, the art teacher and even the principal, a deliciously sweet ending is served up for both the Gingerbread Man and the children who made him.

Teachers often use the Gingerbread Man story to introduce new students to the geography and staff of schools, and this fresh, funny twist on the original can be used all year long. Includes a poster with fun activities!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:50 -0400)

11 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,163,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible