The gingerbread man loose in the school by…

The gingerbread man loose in the school (edition 2011)

by Laura Murray, Mike Lowery (Illustrator)

232None49,766 (3.94)1
Member:Kemcn7
Title:The gingerbread man loose in the school
Authors:Laura Murray
Other authors:Mike Lowery (Illustrator)
Info:New York : G. P. Putnam's Sons, c2011.
Rating:*****
Tags:back to school, gingerbread men, holidays, scavenger hunt, PreK-2nd grade, picture book, fantasy

The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School by Laura Murray

This book flows well in a rhyming form. The pictures are great, almost comic book like. It is fun and silly and young children would definitely enjoy this book.
  ediekm1990 | Apr 7, 2014 |
A very cute and fun book playing on the classic Gingerbread Man story. The illustrations are great and the rhyming story is fun to read.
  polochick | Mar 16, 2014 |
I really loved reading about the gingerbread man's adventures! Like author Laura Murray states, it is a tradition for classrooms to make gingerbread men who end up running around the school (I certainly remember doing so as a kid!) In her book, we get to see all of the people that he meets along the way. I loved her fun rhymes and think that it would be a great book to read aloud to a class before doing this fun activity! ( )
  L_Cochran | Mar 11, 2014 |
This is a very enjoyable book both the plot and the illustration is very strong. I love that it is a new take on the classic gingerbread man story. In my opinion this one is much more enjoyable and connects more to children. His journey around the school is very fun and we all worry that he isn't going to find his way back but when he does we are overjoyed to find out that his class had been looking for him to and wants him to stay. I think I would use this as a fun read-a-loud in my classroom around christmas time, I also plan on having this in my reading corner.
  krbarton | Mar 11, 2014 |
I thought this book was very sweet and could be used to help new students that feel scared and left out. Reading this book would let them know that no one wants to make anyone feel left out. Like the gingerbread man in this story, even though he was lost and confused, there was always people around him trying to guide him in the right direction and willing to help out. Also the gingerbread man encountered many obstacles in his way but he managed to pull through, same with new students, it will be difficult at first but they are not alone.
  mariasegoviano | Feb 14, 2014 |

A gingerbread man searches all over the school for the group of children that made him and then left him behind.

When a class leaves for recess, their just-baked Gingerbread Man is left behind. But he's a smart cookie and heads out to find them. He'll run, slide, skip, and (after a mishap with a soccer ball) limp as fast as he can because: "I can catch them! I'm their Gingerbread Man!"

With help from the gym teacher, the nurse, the art teacher and even the principal, a deliciously sweet ending is served up for both the Gingerbread Man and the children who made him.

Teachers often use the Gingerbread Man story to introduce new students to the geography and staff of schools, and this fresh, funny twist on the original can be used all year long. Includes a poster with fun activities!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:50 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,476,576 books! | Top bar: Always visible