Theft of Swords (Riyria Revelations) by…

Theft of Swords (Riyria Revelations) (edition 2011)

by Michael J. Sullivan

Title:Theft of Swords (Riyria Revelations)
Authors:Michael J. Sullivan
Info:Orbit (2011), Edition: 1, Paperback, 704 pages

Theft of Swords by Michael J. Sullivan

Book 1 of The Riyeria Revelations, a superb fantasy series, right up there with Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time. The Rivera ore Hadrian and Royce, and their relationship is front and center in these rollicking adventures. ( )
  DavidO1103 | Nov 8, 2015 |
Sampled; definitely plan on buying
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
I can see how this book can have a great deal of fans. But i have to say that it's not for me. The plot moved far too slowly and i found myself forcing my eyes to follow the pages on occasions.

This is a good story, but the way it's written is not my cup of tea.

IvieHill | Aug 6, 2015 |
I don't typically re-read many books these days - there are just far too many that I want to read to spend much time reading ones I've already crossed off my 'to read' list. However, having just contributed to Michael J. Sullivan's newest Kickstarter campaign for the next Hadrian and Royce book, I figured I ought to make it through the rest of the series that I already own before getting a copy of the new one.

Theft of Swords is an omnibus that contains both The Crown Conspiracy and Avempartha, which are the only two I'd read already. They were just as much fun the second time around as they were the first time - almost even more fun this time because I was filling in all the little details I'd forgotten. I'm definitely glad that I did re-read, because I'd forgotten a ton of things that will clearly have major importance down the line. I couldn't wait to finish this so I could move onto the part of the series I hadn't yet read. ( )
  BrookeAshley | Jun 14, 2015 |
Just read all of these and they were a lot of fun. Reminded me of the best David Eddings stuff. ( )
  GSB68 | May 19, 2015 |
To my wife, Robin, my partner in life and in the adventure of making this series, whose hard work and dedication made it all possible.

To my daughter Sarah, who would not read the story until it was published.

To Steve Gilllick for his feedback, and Pete DeBrule, who started this whole thing

And to the members of Dragonchow, my original fan club
Hadrian could see little in the darkness, but he could hear them -- the sanpping of twigs, the crush of leaves, and the brush of grass.
Includes The Crown Conspiracy (first published Oct. 1, 2008) and Avempartha (first published Mar 31, 2009).

Royce Melborn, a skilled thief, and his mercenary partner, Hadrian Blackwater, make a profitable living carrying out dangerous assignments for conspiring nobles-until they are hired to pilfer a famed sword. What appears to be just a simple job finds them framed for the murder of the king and trapped in a conspiracy that uncovers a plot far greater than the mere overthrow of a tiny kingdom.

Can a self-serving thief and an idealistic swordsman survive long enough to unravel the first part of an ancient mystery that has toppled kings and destroyed empires?

And so begins the first tale of treachery and adventure, sword fighting and magic, myth and legend.

They killed the king. They pinned it on two men. They chose poorly.
There's no ancient evil to defeat or orphan destined for greatness, just unlikely heroes and classic adventure. Royce Melborn, a skilled thief, and his mercenary partner, Hadrian Blackwater, are running for their lives when they're framed for the death of the king. Trapped in a conspiracy that goes beyond the overthrow of a tiny kingdom, their only hope is unraveling an ancient mystery before it's too late.

When author Michael J. Sullivan self-published the first books of his Riyria Revelations, they rapidly became ebook bestsellers. Now, Orbit is pleased to present the complete series for the first time in bookstores everywhere.

Theft of Swords (contains: The Crown Conspiracy Avempartha)Rise of Empire   (contains: Nyphron Rising & The Emerald Storm)Heir of Novron   (contains: Wintertide Percepliquis)
The Crown Tower (coming Aug 2013)The Rose and the Thorn (coming Sep 2013)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:38 -0400)

"Two thieves in the wrong place at the wrong time are on the run in this fact-paced adventure fantasy"--Provided by publisher.

Michael J. Sullivan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,852,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible