Rise of Empire (Riyria Revelations) by…

Rise of Empire (Riyria Revelations) (edition 2011)

by Michael J. Sullivan

Member:krau0098
Title:Rise of Empire (Riyria Revelations)
Authors:Michael J. Sullivan
Info:Orbit (2011), Edition: 1, Paperback, 816 pages
Collections:Already Read, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:fantasy, Riyira Revelations

Rise of Empire by Michael J. Sullivan

Here is where you hear me swearing because I do not have book 3 ready *insert curse*. I seriously need more, and this coming from someone who has done pretty much nothing else than read for 2 days straight. Sp sorry if nothing I say make sense in this review.

Ok where to start? That is always the question, I am still high on good book, I do love fantasy, I just love to read without stopping and just feel that I am getting lost in another world, that nothing else exists anymore. And that is what this book manages to do for me, it is old school fantasy, and I adore old school fantasy. The adventure, the intrigues, the fact that I just feel so at home in whatever world is created. It feels like coming home.

Hadrian and Royce are the best, to have friends like that, now that would be something. I do admit to liking Royce a bit more, but that is cos of his origin, I have always had a soft spot for his kind. And Hadrian is so sweet, I do hope he finds the girl I want him to find.

As for the rest, Arista has grown a lot. Poor Empress, her I fear for, the baddies, omg, the baddies are so evil! Just like they should be. I truly hate them because they are so set in they ways. I really want more info about the elves. And then there are a bunch of others we meet in this story, all good to love or hate.

I am rambling again, why do I always ramble? I kind of wanted to hug this book when it ended cos I was happy. There is nothing better than a book that leaves you happy. And with this I mean it was a good bool because the end, yes bad things are going to happen in the next book if people are not stopped.

If you have not noticed by now I liked this book, and i can't wait to read book 3. It is pre-ordered and it should arrive in a month or so. And I really need my pretty print copy cos this is one big bool.

Conclusion:
Well duh, yes of course I recommend it. Just let yourself be swept away by this fantasy adventure
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
As a jaded mega-reader, I often dive into new series with trepidation, wondering if it will be mediocre and leave me feeling like I wasted my time. This series and author won me over. Rise of Empire escalates the stakes, brings you closer to the characters, and deepens the epic plot. Well worth picking up, once you've read Theft of Swords. ( )
  Abby_Goldsmith | Feb 10, 2016 |
Continues the story on from the first book.
The most interesting story line follows the two thieves, but we also follow the princess as she tries to act (unsuccessfully) as ambassador-at-large for her kingdom.
The action ranges far and wide as the two thieves try to disrupt an Empire plot and the search goes on for the true "Promised One". Another, very competent villain is introduced as a real challenge.
The whole story ends with a cliff-hanger. ( )
  quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
Another great Riyria adventure. The different characters and locales were great although I feel like the Empress's tale was left hanging a bit. Part of me can't wait to read more, part of me is sad to know the series doesn't have too many more books to go! ( )
  yonitdm | Dec 10, 2015 |
  yonitdm | Dec 10, 2015 |

Michael J. Sullivanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"The birth of the Nyphron Empire has brought war to Melengar. To save her kingdom, Princess Arista runs a desperate gamble when she defies her brother and hires Royce and Hadrian to perform a dangerous mission behind enemy lines"--Provided by publisher.… (more)

Michael J. Sullivan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

74 wanted2 pay1 pay

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,772,459 books! | Top bar: Always visible