Rise of Empire (Riyria Revelations) by…

Rise of Empire (Riyria Revelations) (edition 2011)

by Michael J. Sullivan

Member:krau0098
Title:Rise of Empire (Riyria Revelations)
Authors:Michael J. Sullivan
Info:Orbit (2011), Edition: 1, Paperback, 816 pages
Collections:Already Read, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:fantasy, Riyira Revelations

Rise of Empire by Michael J. Sullivan

As a jaded mega-reader, I often dive into new series with trepidation, wondering if it will be mediocre and leave me feeling like I wasted my time. This series and author won me over. Rise of Empire escalates the stakes, brings you closer to the characters, and deepens the epic plot. Well worth picking up, once you've read Theft of Swords. ( )
  Abby_Goldsmith | Feb 10, 2016 |
Continues the story on from the first book.
The most interesting story line follows the two thieves, but we also follow the princess as she tries to act (unsuccessfully) as ambassador-at-large for her kingdom.
The action ranges far and wide as the two thieves try to disrupt an Empire plot and the search goes on for the true "Promised One". Another, very competent villain is introduced as a real challenge.
The whole story ends with a cliff-hanger. ( )
  quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
Another great Riyria adventure. The different characters and locales were great although I feel like the Empress's tale was left hanging a bit. Part of me can't wait to read more, part of me is sad to know the series doesn't have too many more books to go! ( )
  yonitdm | Dec 10, 2015 |
  yonitdm | Dec 10, 2015 |
Book 2 of The Riyeria Revelations, a superb fantasy series, right up there with Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time. The Rivera ore Hadrian and Royce, and their relationship is front and center in these rollicking adventures. Brilliantly read. ( )
  DavidO1103 | Nov 8, 2015 |

Michael J. Sullivanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"The birth of the Nyphron Empire has brought war to Melengar. To save her kingdom, Princess Arista runs a desperate gamble when she defies her brother and hires Royce and Hadrian to perform a dangerous mission behind enemy lines"--Provided by publisher.… (more)

Michael J. Sullivan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

74 wanted2 pay1 pay

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,227,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible