The Vampire Diaries: The Hunters: Phantom by…

The Vampire Diaries: The Hunters: Phantom (edition 2012)

by L. J. Smith

Member:Lapse
Title:The Vampire Diaries: The Hunters: Phantom
Authors:L. J. Smith
Info:HarperTeen (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 432 pages
Rating:***

Phantom by L. J. Smith (Creator)

I know this was written by a ghost writer- but given how the previous 3 books had gone downhill, I have to say, I almost *liked* this in comparison. Sure, it wasn't great, and sure, it was nothing like the first fours books, but it sure beat what was in the middle. ( )
  AshuritaLove | May 17, 2013 |
A fairly tame book about a group of friends who have just graduated from high school and also saved their town so they also remember an alternate reality. Characters analyze their own insecurities quite a bit. Premise is a bit unusual bit didn't really excite me and develop the way I thought it would. I'm also getting tired of reading about vampires. It's an ok book to recommend to keep someone interested in reading if it appeals to them. ( )
  SparklePonies | Apr 1, 2013 |
This book of the Vampire Diaries series has been written by a ghostwriter. Due to some weird contract situation harper teen is allowed to say it is written by L.J. Smith the original Vampire Diaries author. For more information on L.J. Smith visit http://www.ljanesmith.net

Phantom is the first book of the third Vampire Diaries trilogy. The book starts where the Return trilogy ends. Picking up at the Gilbert house where Elena wakes up and nothing ever seems to have happened. The friends start to try and have a normal summer when all of a sudden their names show up in weird places. What is behind this and what does it mean. Their supposed to be normal live is taking a turn into the Dark Dimension again. Will they manage to fight the evil without Damon, without Elena having her supernatural powers?

I am not really sure what to say about this specific book. You could notice in writing style that it was written by someone else that is one. Second the book never really takes off. It is like a quiet river where one piranha sometimes nibbles someones toe without biting it really. Enough ingredients to make it exciting but it does not really happen. I cannot say much more about this book without spoilers. If you really love the book series of the Vampire Diaries you should read it but there are way better books out there.

Ow and don't forget several errors in the books. Though we are used to changing details, changing peoples last name is a bit ridiculous ( )
  Ciska_vander_Lans | Dec 2, 2011 |
This book will not be written by L.J. Smith. She did not choose to stop writing Vampire Diaries. It was taken from her and given to a ghostwriter. She has fought long and hard to prevent/reverse this decision, but Alloy (the book packaging company) will not budge. This was allowed to happen because of a “work for hire” clause in the original contract she signed in the ‘90s when she really didn’t understand what it meant. Midnight was written fully by L.J. Smith, and when she wrote it she thought she would be continuing the series. The next book, Phantom, was written by L.J. Smith, but the publishers told the ghostwriter to rewrite it. However, it will still say “Created by” L.J. Smith. I won’t be buying it because a) I don’t think it will be any good and b) I think it was very underhanded move by Alloy to do what they did. Of course, everyone is free to decide for themselves what they will read. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew the facts.
  Tina78 | Jun 6, 2011 |

Smith, L. J.Creatorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
GhostwriterAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

After Elena Gilbert and vampire brothers Stefan and Damon Salvatore help save their town from a demonic spirit, a new evil arrives and sets its sights on Elena, but this time she will only have one brother to protect her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,321,628 books! | Top bar: Always visible