Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, Book…

Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, Book 1) (edition 2005)

by Erin Hunter

Member:biglou8501
Title:Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, Book 1)
Authors:Erin Hunter
Info:HarperCollins (2005), Hardcover, 320 pages

Midnight by Erin Hunter

English (21)  German (1)  All languages (22)
A new series in the Warriors series has Brambleclaw receiving a dream from Star Clan. He along with 3 other cats have received the dream. What does it mean? Why are the medicine cats not receiving the dreams?

I liked this story. It starts off about a year after the first series ends. We are now just about on the second generation since Firestar has become the leader of Thunder Clan. Brambleclaw has to determine what his dream means and how the other cats fit in. They must work together and travel to Midnight. I like this group of cats. We still have Firestar and his generation as well as a few elders but this next generation looks like it might change things up in the status quo. I liked the Yoda-like character that appears. I am anxiously waiting to see me niece to get the second book in this series. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Sep 11, 2017 |
A great book, as are all the Warriors Saga books. ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
Brambleclaw is the newest warrior of ThunderClan. But after a dream visit from a strange cat, he must journy far from the forest. Not only that, but with cats from other clans! ( )
  AislinnH.B1 | Mar 3, 2014 |
This was a very good beginning to the series. It continues on with the same cats as last time, plus some new (and very good) ones.

I will see there was very little fighting in this book compared to some of the last ones, so if you're a huge fan of the clan cat fights, they haven't happened as much here yet.

It also seems like the character interaction is richer and more important.

Anyway, I definitely recommend this book! ( )
  broccolima | Jan 26, 2014 |
Midnight, by Erin Hunter, is about four clans of cats, and more specifically, the journey that four cats, one from each clan, make to save their clans. Humans are tearing apart their forest home to put in a new highway, so they must flee their homes, or die, either of starvation or being crushed. Brambleclaw, Tawnypelt, Crowpaw, and Feathertail, along with two tag alongs, Squirrelpaw and Stormfur, were chosen by Starclan, their warrior ancestors, to seek out their new home, traveling far beyond where they had ever known.

This book is similar to Redwall, by Brian Jacques. The books are both part of a series about animals, which are personified, and their adventures. There are differences, though. For example, Midnight is set in our world, during while we live here, and the cats have to learn to survive alongside humans. Redwall, however is set in a world where there are no humans, or the humans are long gone, and instead, the world is inhabited by animals only. The animals are the equivalent of people. They farm, fish, fight, go on journeys, and build homes, or or places like Redwall Abbey.

This book isn’t quite as good as Brian Jacques’ novels, but it is still very well written, and I enjoyed following the cats as they went in search of a new home. There was nice detail, and Erin Hunter does well in character creation. My favorite character was Squirrelpaw because we have much in common, some traits being stubbornness, and reluctance to do as told by elders. I would recommend this book to kids who want to read some thing with adventure, and a bit of fantasy.
  br13olfr | Oct 31, 2012 |
For Chris, Janet, and Louisa Haslum
Night lay upon the forest.
AR 6.0, 12 pts

Darkness, air, water, and sky will come together... and shake the forest to its roots.

The next generation of warrior cats faces a peril that threatens the whole forest in this exciting spin–off series starring the children of the original Warriors heroes.

Packed with riveting suspense, compelling new characters, and classic themes of epic fantasy, this is an adventure not to be missed for both fans of the previous six books and readers unfamiliar with the world of the warrior Clans.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:07 -0400)

The wild cat Clans have lived in peace and harmony for many moons--but now, strange messages from their warrior ancestors speak of terrifying new prophecies and a mysterious danger. All the signs point to young warrior Brambleclaw as the cat with the fate of the forest in his paws. But who are the other cats mentioned in the prophecy? All he knows for sure is that the strength and courage of the greatest warriors will be needed now, as the quest to save the Clans begins.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,326,645 books! | Top bar: Always visible