I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The…

I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Legacies (Lorien Legacies… (edition 2012)

by Pittacus Lore

Member:srbr1212
Title:I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Legacies (Lorien Legacies (Unnumbered))
Authors:Pittacus Lore
Info:HarperCollins (2012), Paperback, 416 pages
Rating:***

I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Six's Legacy by Pittacus Lore

It was so refreshing to read Lorien stories that weren't from John's perspective at all! I did enjoy reading these stories as I'm so intrigued by Loric-Mogadorian fight and I felt this was a fitting companion to expand on the individual stories of the rest of the Garde, other than what we have gained from the series itself. Note that this book, though set before the main series, is best read after reading the previous books (#1 - #3) that were published before this one, mainly as the author doesn't explain anything about the Garde, the Loric or their fight with the 'Mogs', which I was glad of.

What I was not glad about was "Pittacus Lore" (we all know it's you, James Frey!) and his ridiculous attempts to add romance/love stories/possible love stories/even just crushes to every single backstory (or current - but that's another review!). It. Is. Just. Not. Necessary. I understand the lure of human relationships, even friendships or connections, but guys, c'mon. YOU ARE IN MORTAL DANGER. I can maybe understand One, she had no idea just how much danger she was in. But Nine? Really? Guys how about the protection of our races? Clearly both humans and the Loric are in trouble, why don't you do what you were sent here for and keep yourselves alive? Don't argue that you're only human - because you're not. You are supposed to be more than that! Pull your heads in!

That being said, Adam the Mog was quite an interesting character. A bit of a speed through of the find and murder of Two and Three, but interesting to see it through the eyes of a character not yet encountered this way. Looking forward to seeing more of that! (And less of John...) ( )
  crashmyparty | Dec 9, 2014 |
My only complaint is that this was too short. But I liked seeing how Six coped with her personal tragedy and was able to survive. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Sep 2, 2013 |
in this book it tells of six. when she first arrived on the planet earth, and how she grew up. the first time she ran into the mogodorians. and how she and her cepan ran from them to texsas. where they were traped and caught again with a narrow escape. but even that was not enough to hide. for the mogs caught them and took them to their hide out in a hollowed out mountain. sixs cepan is killed in torture and the mogs find they cant find a way to kill her. this due to the charm cast to protect the nine. she escapes when her legasy of invisability developes. while escaping she kills the mog who killed her cepan. this is a good book because it tells a story of a character that is reletivley unknown. it also tells and finishes story from the main story. it also makes six seem more like a person with feelings.
  rbrtpmry | Mar 15, 2012 |
If you have the chance, I highly recommend this. It fills in the gaps before Six met up with John and has plenty of action to boot. You learn more about her life with her Cêpan, Katarina and see how she gained her impressive discipline and survival skills. It makes for a nice comparison too of how each of the Numbers was raised. Aside from Six, you also get a better glimpse of the creepy Mogadorians and their secret lair. It's not pretty.

In case you’re wondering, it’s not necessary to read this before Power of Six. You’ll still be able to enjoy it either way. Once you're finished with both books, you'll be excited about the possibilities that lie ahead once all the members of the Garde finally come together. And you’ll absolutely love how Six becomes the bad ass we know and admire!

~ Bel

www.bibliojunkies.blogspot.com ( )
  bibliojunkies | Jan 7, 2012 |
I really enjoyed this book. I actually ended up reading this book after they had made the movie of it, and am undecided as to which is better. I think that they did an excellent job with the story line and the plot and I really enjoyed the book a lot. However, I personally felt like the book's ending was a little more drawn out. It had extra elements than the movie that I liked more, but the battle seemed to never end. However, in the movie, it had a much more abrupt ending, so I wish that there had been a more even ending. Still a wonderful book and I definitely would recommend it. Expecially to the girls who are done with vampires and need other strange options! ( )
  theadawn | Oct 17, 2011 |

Number Six--when John meets her in I Am Number Four she's strong, powerful, and ready to fight. But who is she? Where has she been living? How has she been training? When did she develop her legacies? And how does she know so much about the Mogadorians? In I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Six's Legacy, discover the story behind Six. Before Paradise, Ohio, before John Smith, Six was traveling through West Texas with her C?epan, Katarina. What happened there would change Six forever...… (more)

21 wanted5 pay4 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,496,184 books! | Top bar: Always visible