Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost
1119108,775 (3.69)None
Recently added bybookjunkie57, private library, Lora413, SofiaD, ayliang, piper0820, whispring, libra79

Bones: The pre Cat edition ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 7, 2014 |
I love Bones, my new favorite vampire ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
★★★ Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost

So this is my first experience with the NH series by JF. This series comes to me highly recommend, by many people. Not sure how I feel about this one. This is the first novella in the series. The stars are Bones and Becca. This takes place in N.O. around the LaLaurie Mansion. Source: google.com via Jessica on PinterestBones is called in to take care of a couple of ghouls(that are actually based off of true serial killers, Leonard Louis Nicolas and Delphine LaLaurie.) This caught my attention, since I've heard their story many times.
Now for the ghoul part, not sure the what, why, or how. And I was rather disturbed by their tendency to rip off the limbs of the slave/victims, and eat them. Now they didn't seem all that different from the vampires, other than being stronger in daylight, but hopefully, I will get more of a distinction in the next book.
The vampires seem pretty typical, inhuman speed, aversion to silver, arrow to the hurt, and brain washing powers. However, with the proper sunscreen, they can go into sunlight, for short periods of time.
So, overall, it was ok, but I'm not lovin it. Hopefully, the first full story, will get me hooked. ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |
Alright, this litte novella didn't wow me.
I think there's a bonus to having Cat involved in the plot of these books. Without her, the suspense is not there.

Still, it was cool to see why Bones had platinum blond hair and why he was banned from being in NOLA for 5 years. It gave the "missing" background to his story with Marie. She's still a creep. Eck. ( )
  TheBookHammock | Sep 24, 2013 |
This is not the happy go lucky Bones and Cat story. It is what Bones was involved with right before Cat and is total UF with a touch of horror. It is not the jump out at you horror but the gruesome stuff. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |

Is contained in

In New Orleans, a pair of undead serial killers is about to turn Mardi Gras into a horror show, unless the immortal hitman Bones can hunt them down first.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,694,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible