In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy) by…

In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy) (edition 2011)

by Maya Banks

4686932,878 (3.91)1 / 10
Member:mstx
Title:In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy)
Authors:Maya Banks
Info:Ballantine Books (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:****1/2

In Bed With a Highlander by Maya Banks

Mairin has been in fear for over ten years ever since she was hidden away in a convent since she was a child, but then the convent is attacked and she is kidnapped and on the way to the Laird Cameron who wants to marry her to get access to her land, she saves a young boy, and they are later rescued by his father Laird McCabe, who scares her at first but when she knows she has no choice but to marry him and soon she will start to realize that there is nothing to fear from Ewan. There is a powerful desire that sweeps them both into a sweet world of ecstasy and soon only with their love for one another will they be able to withstand the dangerous tides that may sweep them both into danger...
In Bed With A Highlander is the first in the series and I would have to say my absolute favorite book in the trilogy. I normally don't read many books from Maya Banks but I am so glad that I picked this trilogy up....definitely well worth the reading and and I just have the greatest weakness for Highland romances, but I would say this book is at the top of the list. I just loved how feisty Mairin was in the book and how Ewan could be so hilarious in his stubborn and protective nature. There were so many instances throughout the novel here that I just laughed harder than I have in a long time. The story plot was so full of surprises and twists and turns that almost could make one's head spin. There was such substance and a sense of fun throughout the plot and the characters. The romance and the love scenes were definitely at the top and full of heat and sensuality. I absolutely loved In Bed With A Highlander and one I would recommend to anyone that enjoys a romance that is full of delight and beautiful and tender scenes that will pull at the strings of your heart. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 19, 2019 |
In Bed with a Highlander
4.5 Stars

Synopsis:
The illegitimate daughter of a King, Mairin Stuart is nothing but a pawn to most men. When she is forced to marry the powerful and enigmatic Ewan McCabe, Mairin is fears that her worst nightmare may have come true. However, as they grow closer and danger lurks around every corner, Ewan and Mairin are surprised to discover that she is not only the salvation of his clan but also the woman who conquers his heart.

Review:
An enjoyable story with engaging characters.

The characters are the strong point in the book. Mairin is feisty and adorable and, despite his bluster, Ewan is sexy, sweet and possessive of those he loves. They have great chemistry and their dialogue is very appealing.
The secondary characters are intriguing, especially Ewan’s youngest brother, Caelen, who develops very quickly into my favorite – tortured - type of hero. Mairin’s interaction with Ewan’s son, Crispen, and the other women of the clan provide some exceedingly funny and memorable moments. Finally, the villain is suitable nasty and makes you want to cringe.
The plot is the weak point, however, as it is predictable and lacks originality. The climax feels rushed and events are tied up a little too neatly at the end. Nevertheless, the action is well-paced and the narrative flows nicely.

Overall, this is an entertaining historical romance, which I can easily recommend for those with a passion for highlanders. Personally, I am looking forward to reading the next book.
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Another wonderful story by Maya! Loved it! ( )
  TiffanyCutshall | Dec 28, 2017 |
Ewan McCabe, Mairin, illegitimate daughter of the king. She is abducted from a convent because her future dowry is Neamh Alainn...a rich property many Lairds want to secure for themselves. She saves Ewan's son, so Ewan saves her. ( )
  brehm75 | Jun 27, 2017 |
Love historical romance and Maya Banks does an amazing job of combining erotica and historical romance. Ewan McCabe WOW love the character and i love relationship that develops between him and Mairin. An amazing read. ( )
  mhelissa26 | Mar 8, 2017 |

Maya Banksprimary authorall editionscalculated
Casanovas, AnnaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345519477, Mass Market Paperback)

Maya Banks, the New York Times bestselling author of erotic romance, romantic suspense, and contemporary romance, has captivated readers with her steamy Scottish historical novels, perfect for fans of Julie Garwood. In Bed with a Highlander is the start of a beguiling trilogy featuring three unforgettable brothers risking everything to save their clan and their legacy—and to surrender their hearts to love.

Ewan McCabe, the eldest, is a warrior determined to vanquish his enemy. Now, with the time ripe for battle, his men are ready and Ewan is poised to take back what is his—until a blue-eyed, raven-haired temptress is thrust upon him. Mairin may be the salvation of Ewan’s clan, but for a man who dreams only of revenge, matters of the heart are strange territory to conquer.

The illegitimate daughter of the king, Mairin possesses prized property that has made her a pawn—and wary of love. Her worst fears are realized when she is rescued from peril only to be forced into marriage by her charismatic and commanding savior, Ewan McCabe. But her attraction to her ruggedly powerful new husband makes her crave his surprisingly tender touch; her body comes alive under his sensual mastery. And as war draws near, Mairin’s strength, spirit, and passion challenge Ewan to conquer his demons—and embrace a love that means more than revenge and land.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:15 -0400)

Ewan McCabe, the eldest, whose determination to eliminate his clan's enemy leads him to take Mairin, the daughter of the king, into his custody, but after he finds his resolve softened by the dark haired beauty, Ewan forces her to become his bride and discovers the girl's spirit and passion have affected his views on the value of love over land or revenge.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Maya Banks's book In Bed With A Highlander was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,459,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible