The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton

The Mind Readers (edition 2010)

by Lori Brighton

Member:starryeyedheart
Title:The Mind Readers
Authors:Lori Brighton
Info:Lori Brighton (2010), Kindle Edition, 207 pages
Rating:*****

The Mind Readers (Mind Readers, #1) by Lori Brighton

Loved the book, hated the ending. Cameron is a mind reader. She is also a teenager in her last year of highschool. Reading other's minds has always been a gift for her, as long as she can remember since living with her grandmother. Then one day, a body washes ashore near her home and Cameron's world turns upside down. For amongst the crowd, the killer's thoughts intrude onto Cameron's mind. Lewis was only there to protect Cameron. He was like her, and with his influence he was sure to get her to trust him. And so he turned the killer in and gained her trust the only way he knew how, by letting her know he was like her. Lewis takes Cameron to meet his mentor with the hope that he can also teach Cameron about her abilities. But it's all a ruse. One that could get Cameron killed. ( )
  wndy2011 | Jan 21, 2016 |
Decently solid introduction to a series with some potential. Interesting read, I devoured it over the course of just a handful of hours on the bus.

Great, impactful literature? Nah. Entertaining? Absolutely.

There were times I wanted to shake the protagonist for not catching the red flags - even as she was the one repeating the words (since it was a first person narrative) - but that's part of the fun of being the reader. ( )
  jennaelf | Jan 5, 2016 |
While this YA novel is fast paced and an easy read, this is exactly what made it too simple for me. Cameron, the main protagonist, is constantly preoccupied with her feelings for Lewis and the knowledge that she doesn't fit in. Deeper thoughts or a more in-depth explanation what S.P.I. actually is would have helped.

The novel opens strong and the author did a great job describing the mind games her antagonist Aaron and Lewis are playing.

I realize the author wants to maintain a certain level of intrigue because this is a series, however, the issues at hand feel like they've been treated superficially. I also miss a strong character arc, something that lets us root for the protagonist, lets us see how she grows through the experience. Because of these issues I won't read the next book. ( )
  Annette_Oppenlander | Aug 30, 2015 |
Title: The Mind Readers
Author: Lori Brighton
Format: Kindle Cloud
Time to Read: N/A

My review: holy f. I'm not sure who the target audience is but i felt like it was for maybe 12 year old girls. Seriously, i made it 126 pages before i had enough of the preteen drama. You would think with a title like The Mind Readers something mind readish would happen, but all 126 pages pretty much just had her swooning over a guy and fighting with her "best friend".

i just couldn't go on.

Recommend it?:heck no!
  booklife4life | Jul 3, 2015 |

I enjoyed this story despite the pedestrian YA Harlequin romance writing and the bad grammar and spelling.
"He shifted so his body was closer to mind....I pushed passed the few"...come on authors, if a professional editor is not editing your work, please edit your own work.
One warning, this book ends on a cliffhanger, I am OK with how it ended but did not enjoy it enough to spend money on the next book.
If you are a 13 year old girl, this may be the book for you.

AskTheTicketGuy | May 3, 2015 |

Cameron Winters is a freak. Fortunately, no one but her family knows the truth ... that Cameron can read minds. For years Cameron has hidden behind a facade of normalcy, warned that there are those who would do her harm. When gorgeous and mysterious Lewis Douglas arrives he destroys everything Cameron has ever believed and tempts her with possibilities of freedom. Determined to embrace her hidden talents, Cameron heads to a secret haven with Lewis; a place where she meets others like her, Mind Readers. But as Cameron soon finds out some things are too good to be true. When the Mind Readers realize the extent of Cameron's abilities, they want to use her powers for their own needs. Cameron suddenly finds herself involved in a war in which her idea of what is right and wrong is greatly tested. In the end she'll be forced to make a choice that will not only threaten her relationship with Lewis, but her very life.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,120,891 books! | Top bar: Always visible