Een blijvende indruk (Belmont Mansion) by…

Een blijvende indruk (Belmont Mansion)

by Tamera Alexander

Member:WinekevdGraaf
Title:Een blijvende indruk (Belmont Mansion)
Authors:Tamera Alexander
Info:Bethany House Publishers (2011), Paperback, 432 pagina's
Tags:19e eeuw, Nashville, kunst, vervalsingen, verleden, schilderen, kans

A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander

English (34)  Dutch (1)  All languages (35)
A talented artist, Claire Laurent is forced to work as a copyist who forges famous paintings, when she only desires to paint her own work. When her father's illicit occupation forces her to flee her New Orleans home, she finds herself adrift in post-Civil War Nashville. A chance encounter with Sutton Monroe leads her to a position in the home of the city's most prominent women.

Claire adapts to her new role and her new life and as she finds herself falling in love with Sutton, she worries that her past will come between them. I loved the setting: post-Civil War Nashville, the world of art and the Belmont Mansion. Claire's story is both richly elegant and humbly redeeming and Sutton is a dashing, yet very mortal hero. This is a charming, engaging novel and one I was sad to see end.

I've read Tamera Alexander before and didn't completely love what I read then. But, A Lasting Impression sounded terrific and the cover was gorgeous. I had to read it simply for that. I'm so pleased that the book lived up to my expectations. It appears to be the first in a series and I look forward to more Belmont Mansion stories. ( )
  2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |

2kidsandtired | Aug 2, 2016 |
Tammy is a special author to me, and it's not just because we share the same school history with a private school in Georgia or the southern hospitality spirit. It's because of that and because her stories get under your skin and in to your heart. Her characters are real and leap from the page. I was captivated by every series I have read so far, pretty much from page one. I have lost many a night sleep or day's chore lacked accomplishment simply because I was too distraught by the idea of leaving the plot and protagonist until I found out what happened next.

It's amazing to me, how Tammy can find characters with a slight bit of past that makes you really want to not like them, and walk on the other side of the road... but she finds ways to bring them into your hearts and they are then the ones that you are mentally cheering for as you turn each page. Reading this Belmont Mansion Novel, I could hear the southern drawl and it makes me smile. A native Georgian, southern through and through now relocated to Tennessee -- I definitely found things within these pages to endure and entertain. ( )
  cherryblossommj | Jul 23, 2015 |
I read this book in anticipation of Tamera Alexander appearance at the West Virginia Book Festival 2012. I loved the book. Maybe it's about time for a re-read. ( )
  sar96 | Jan 2, 2014 |
  sar96 | Jan 2, 2014 |

From Christy and RITA Award-winning author Tamera Alexander comes a novel about the difference between knowing who you are—and knowing who you want to become.Set at Nashville's historic Belmont Mansion, a stunning antebellum manor, A Lasting Impression is a sweeping love story about a nation mending after war, the redemption of those wounded, and the courage of a man and woman to see themselves––and each other––for who they truly are."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764206222, Paperback)

Blockbuster New Historical Series From Acclaimed Author Tamera Alexander

To create something that will last is Claire Laurent's most fervent desire as an artist. It's also her greatest weakness. When her fraud of a father deals her an unexpected hand, Claire is forced to flee from New Orleans to Nashville, only a year after the War Between the States has ended. Claire's path collides with that of Sutton Monroe, and she considers him a godsend for not turning her in to the authorities. But when they meet again and he refuses to come to her aid, she realizes she's sorely misjudged the man. Trading an unwanted destiny for an unknown future, Claire finds herself in the middle of Nashville's elite society and believes her dream of creating a lasting impression in the world of art may finally be within reach.

All that Sutton Monroe holds dear lies in ruin. He's determined to reclaim his heritage and to make the men who murdered his father pay. But what he discovers on his quest for vengeance reveals a truth that may cost him more than he ever imagined.

Set at Nashville's historical Belmont Mansion, a stunning antebellum manor built by Mrs. Adelicia Acklen, the richest woman in America in the 1860s, A Lasting Impression showcases the deep, poignant, unforgettable characters that set Tamera's stories apart and provides an inspiring love story that will capture readers' hearts and leave them eager for more.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:09 -0400)

After an unwanted past, Claire strives to create something that will last as an artist among Nashville's elite society in the 1860s.

Tamera Alexander is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,152,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible