Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine…

Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential (edition 2003)

by Caroline Myss

Member:simplylisalisa
Title:Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential
Authors:Caroline Myss
Info:Three Rivers Press (2003), Edition: 1, Paperback, 464 pages

Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential by Caroline Myss

This was recommended to me and I was actually impressed with the book. What I found though was that it was a great starter book and that I already taught my own version of almost everything she wrote about, so it didn't find a place on my shelf. ( )
  owlsdottir | Sep 16, 2010 |
Book Description: First ed. New York: Harmony Books/ Random House, 2001. 32 Page
  Czrbr | Jun 7, 2010 |
"Have you ever wondered what your life purpose was? Caroline Myss's books "Sacred Contracts" is a powerful book for rediscovering your own unique talents and gifts. One of the first steps towards wisdom is self-knowledge. You can begin to understand more by reawakening to your own dreams and passions and then redirecting your valuable time and energy towards your highest potential." ( )
  PamelaWells | Mar 16, 2010 |
Based on ancient archetypes, primarily drawn from Greek mythology, the author applies modern day self-help psychology to come up with a program for finding one's special purpose in life. ( )
1 vote drj | Jul 12, 2008 |
This is a book I really should re-read some time later. It's a book I would need to read more than once to process the ideas and work with it. It's a book I want to re-explore again in a few months when some of the ideas have finished percolating.

It's all about connecting with archetypes and using them in your life, recognising the places in your life that are in flux and fixing them, or recognising them and working with them. In common with a lot of this sort of thing it's quite vague but is useful if you're trying to work out some of the spaces in your life. It does have a certain amount of new-age waffle but like much stuff of this sort it also has some stuff that made me think. I also think that it's the sort of thing to read, process and then go back to and do the exercises, which is what I intend to do sometime in the future. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jul 10, 2008 |
Information from the Norwegian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0609810111, Paperback)

We all come into this world with "Sacred Contracts," according to bestselling author Caroline Myss. Some know it as a calling. Some see it as a life mission. "In short, a Sacred Contract is an agreement your soul makes before you are born," Myss explains. "You promise to do certain things for yourself, for others, and for divine purposes. Part of the Contract requires that you discover what you are meant to do." Herein lies the rub. Decoding our Sacred Contract requires us to become fluent in the language of symbols and archetypes so that we can interpret dreams, understand the meaning behind "coincidences," and learn to follow our intuition. This is why Myss (The Anatomy of the Spirit) offers an extensive lesson on helping readers recognize their personal archetypes (we have about 12 of them), such as the Avenger (righteous activists), Networker (journalists, messengers), or Prostitute (someone who "sells out" easily). Myss then goes on to help readers create their own "Chart of Origin" (which profiles your "spiritual DNA"), using the teachings of the chakras and astrology. Part science, part ancient tradition, part magic, this book will gratify readers who are prepared to study the fine print of their Sacred Contracts. --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:59 -0400)

In this audio presentation Caroline Myss helps us discover the sacred purpose of our lives.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,128,607 books! | Top bar: Always visible