Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

Dreamless (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Josephine Angelini

Member:MarlaSTNC
Title:Dreamless
Authors:Josephine Angelini
Info:HarperTeen (2012), Hardcover, 496 pages
Collections:Review Copies, Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:*****

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini (2012)

English (34)  Italian (2)  German (2)  All languages (38)
I read the first book and I couldn't stop there! The second book is filled with passion and love that'll make you come back craving for more. Lucas and Helen's love is unbreakable. Or is it? ( )
  SYang18 | Sep 11, 2018 |
so, somehow i managed to miss reviewing this back when i finished it. Not sure how that happened, but here we go. Helen's future keeps getting murkier by the hour, and she thinks she is going insane to boot. She keeps dreaming about desserts and waking up with mud on her feet, bone weary. This book was captivating start to finish. This story features excellent world building. ( )
  thebacklistbook | Mar 20, 2018 |
I absolutely devoured the first book in the Starcrossed Trilogy, Starcrossed. Saying I couldn't put it down in kind of an understatement. It had it's flaws as most books do and while I was excited to see what was in store for the gang in Dreamless, I was slightly nervous because of the big bombshell dropped towards the ending of Starcrossed. That bombshell filled me with the heebie-jeebies for the beginning of Dreamless, but lucky for me that didn't last long. (I'm still very much against incest. I promise the lack of heebie-jeebies wasn't because I was warming up to the idea.)

I've found that many authors use their second book to further develop the world and put all their ducks in a row for the final book. That's not a bad way to do it, but I far prefer the way Dreamless was set up. Not only are all the ducks in a row, but some conflicts were actually resolved and, get this, there was actually a ton of action. Crazy, I know. I feel very satisfied by this novel, yet so excited for what is to come.

Helen is getting on my nerves a bit in this book. Every other conversation she has she mentions how she "has literally been to hell and back." What do you want? A trophy? This is your calling and you have the company of the hottest green-eyed, curly haired fellow around. Your life is kind of bad, but really it could be worse. Besides, it's not like it's some surprise you are descending into the underworld every night. You only look haggard and dying. NBD.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I am glad so much was accomplished. I'm happy new characters were introduced, although, I can't help but feel as if Orion will go bad on us. If you liked Starcrossed even just a little bit then you should most definitely read this. ( )
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
Another great read! Once I started reading it it was hard to put the book down. Fast paced and exciting I couldn't help but be drawn into the world of Starcrossed once again and feel deeply for the plight of Helen, Lucas, and Orion - as well as all of the other Scions of this series. The underworld is a scary place - but Helen just may be one of the scariest things in the upperworld. I can't wait to see what happens next in this story of starcrossed lovers, families, and hopes. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
[‎Wednesday, ‎January ‎22, ‎2014] A couple of days ago, I finished reading Starcrossed and let me tell you this, I'm still in a haze, the passion, the power, the myth, the family and forbidden love is all amazing. I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers for Helen and Lucas... Could history and the fates be kind to these star crossed lovers? Can the Face that launched a thousand ships be finally with the man that caused Greece to fall to its knees?! I hope so. Now, let's dig in!

Dreamless was amazing, for the largest part of the book, we are in underworld with Helen and Orion, and I want Helen to be with Orion now. The book was amazing,the world Josephine created playing with the myths we know and shaping them differently was amazing, the Déjà vu scenes in Helen's head makes for an amazing third and final installment.

The final fight was too much for me to bear that I actually hit the book to the covers several times without thinking but when my hubby said: "That's the first time I saw this." I knew I was over my head. It was funny. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
For my husband, with all of my love
On Monday morning, school was canceled.

With help from her new friend Orion, seventeen-year-old Helen Hamilton descends into the Underworld in search of a way to break the Furies' blood curse and prevent the start of another Trojan War.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,530,571 books! | Top bar: Always visible