I Gave My Heart to Know This: A Novel by…

I Gave My Heart to Know This: A Novel

by Ellen Baker

I thought this book was good. Once I was able to get into it I really enjoyed it. It moved at a good pace and kept you intrigued. I am going to try to read her other one, Keeping the House.
  Swade0710 | Mar 20, 2014 |
An unusual book. Not completely predictable and yet in the end not surprising, either. It was beautiful loyaly to a point and then sad how they were all waiting on someone, someone that was not necessarily their happy ending. There's a danger in being so focused on finding the one thing that one thinks will be their ultimate happiness that they lose track of the happiness of the present. A good book. ( )
  julie.billing | Oct 30, 2011 |
I won this book from Goodreads, and I'm glad I did!! It was a really good book! I like that the book went back and forth between time periods! I thought it would be confusing at first, but the author did a good job tying everything together. Because it was written like this, it made me want to keep reading to fine out what happened next! ( )
1 vote sb631 | Aug 11, 2011 |
This is a book I'm hoping to review at my newest blog: http://thebookishdamereviews.blogspot.com in the coming month. A novel of women and the men they love in time of war...it's a story that draws me time after time.
  BookishDame | Aug 9, 2011 |
Enjoyable novel partially set in Northern Wisconsin during WWII. Grace and her friends are riveters in the Superior shipyard. We learn of the women's hopes and heartbreaks as they work for the war effort. This look at four generations of women is well-written and certain to please fans of historical fiction and family drama. ( )
1 vote ken1952 | Aug 6, 2011 |

Decades after the women in her family and their friend are shattered by the losses of two beloved men during World War II, Julia is approached by her long-lost great-grandmother and untangles a dark secret.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,031,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible