Death's Little Helpers (John March 2) by…

Death's Little Helpers (John March 2) (edition 2006)

by Peter Spiegelman (Author)

Member:justmelissa
Title:Death's Little Helpers (John March 2)
Authors:Peter Spiegelman (Author)
Info:Vintage Crime/Black Lizard (2006), 352 pages
Collections:Your library, 2017
Rating:**1/2
Tags:2017/10, pi fiction

Death's Little Helpers by Peter Spiegelman

Noir detective story set in finance and New York city. Our detecitvie has cliched horrible things in past that drive him. The story is told in a straight forward way. and is well plotted. ( )
  pnorman4345 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Not as good as Black Maps, which is one of my all-time favorites, but still an okay read.
It was only after I'd begun reading it that I saw the blurb from Ken Bruen on the back, which should have given me a clue as to the writing style in this one. If Ken Bruen likes it, with his long, tedious navel-gazing protagonists, the same might have slipped in here.
The narrator, John March, gets a little more overly descriptive in this book, and seems... duller, somehow, in this book than the first one. Duller as if his colors were different, not in a boring sort of way.
Thankfully you can skim most of the wardrobe inventory, though the mystery is a pretty lukewarm one that you may have guessed whodunit pretty early on.

Death's Little Helpers isn't enough to have soured me on Peter Spiegelman, but it's definitely not my favorite book of his. We'll see how the next in the series goes. ( )
  mhanlon | Aug 29, 2013 |
An excellent missing person investigation that offers a few potential avenues to keep you guessing as to what happened. Likeable characters and an enjoyable series. ( )
  johnbsheridan | Apr 28, 2010 |
Good, solid mystery. ( )
  EdGoldberg | May 12, 2009 |

Hired to find missing Wall Street analyst Gregory Danes, private detective John March uncovers a deadly web of financial deception as his investigation leads him through the corrupt inner workings of the financial world.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,678,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible