The Last Word by Ellery Adams

The Last Word (edition 2011)

by Ellery Adams

Rating:****1/2
Tags:Mystery

The Last Word by Ellery Adams

Recently added bymmoj, aczkh, SDunn, koalamom, gmtn47

English (16)  Piratical (1)  All languages (17)
Ellery Adam's just gets better and better, The Last Word is my favorite by far. In this, the third in series, Olivia has brought her half-brother and his family to Oyster Bay. As if dealing with a recently discovered brother isn't enough, Olivia's also opening another restaurant and a famous author wants to attend the writer's group she belongs to. But before the meeting the author is killed and because he was so interested in the group, or rather in one of the group member's, Harris' home, Olivia feels she has to investigate. Once again I didn't know who the killer was until the end. Ms. Adams has got the pace down keeping us engaged but still connecting to the characters. Can't wait till the next book. ( )
  mmoj | Aug 16, 2015 |
Olivia Limoges has a lot on her plate - the opening of a new restaurant, helping her newly-discovered brother and his family get settled in their new home, and working on her own novel but she squeezes in an assist to her fellow writer-wannabe, Harris, to find a house to buy. When Harris settles on an old fixer-upper, Olivia makes sure that he is the new owner by pushing through the sale before a famous writer can get it.

But the discoveries that are made as the renovations begin, add a new dark twist by revealing the history of a longtime member of the community.

When the famous author is found dead literally eating his own words, Olivia works with Chief Rawlings to find out why.

I really like this series and Ellery Adams is quickly becoming one of my favorite cozy writers. Looking forward to the next one VERY soon! ( )
  cyderry | Jul 16, 2015 |
"All houses have secrets."

Olivia Limoges and the Bayside Book Writers are excited about Oyster Bay's newest resident: bestselling novelist Nick Plumley, who's come to work on his next book. But when Olivia stops by Plumley's rental she finds that he's been strangled to death. Her instincts tell her that something from the past came back to haunt him, but she never expects that the investigation could spell doom for one of her dearest friends.… (more)

15 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,056,768 books! | Top bar: Always visible