Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jones

Third Grave Dead Ahead (edition 2012)

by Darynda Jones

299None37,284 (4.32)4
Member:vaspitfire
Title:Third Grave Dead Ahead
Authors:Darynda Jones
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Tags:urban fantasy, series, library book, ghost, PI

Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jones

Reyes is my new book husband. I love him. Cookie is my best book friend. Charley is hilarious and always keeps me wondering what she will do next. ( )
  arparish82 | Apr 8, 2014 |
Greatness again! I absolutely loved it, just as I did the first two books. The couple of twists in the end nearly floored me, but I can't wait until the fourth book comes out! I wanted to read this book again as soon as I finished it, but as it's a library book I have to return it. This is definitely the next on my to-buy list. I would recommend it for anybody who love paranormal fantasy, sci-fi, romance, comedy, and coffee! ( )
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
Funny and at times very deep emotionally ( )
  donalbane26 | Feb 6, 2014 |
This one is definitely my favorite of the series so far. I enjoyed the first two but found that the humor could be jarring at times. Despite the vein of humor that runs throughout there are some pretty serious story lines here, involving child abuse, domestic violence and betrayal by loved ones. In this book I found the humor much more well balanced. It certainly lightened up what were some grim situations and revelations but it didn't poke its head right into the middle of them, lessening their impact. For that reason I found myself much more emotionally invested in this one.

Charley & Cookie are still a hoot and I've always liked that Charley is a competent P.I. (even if she does have a bit of an unfair advantage). The case was interesting and given the recent glut of completely controlling romance "heroes" lately it was good to see a more realistic portrayal of that personality type.

And I couldn't go the whole review without mentioning Reyes. The son of Satan is such a complex character, heartbreaking one minute, rage inducing the next. I went back and forth between wanting them to be together and wanting Charley to hit him in the head with a lead pipe and run away. Of course, I still think I want them together long term but homeboy needs to pay a bit for his actions here. For me, this book turned the series from something I liked reading into something that I'm excited for the next installment. ( )
1 vote CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
“. . . despite a few slight disappointments, Third Grave Dead Ahead is still incredibly enjoyable and as entertaining as always. Charley is still on top of her game. Reyes is still as sexy and smoking hot as ever, and Darynda Jones still keeps you coming back and begging for more.”

Darynda Jonesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Carol and Melvin, aka the crazy people next door. Love you, love you, love you.
There was a dead clown sitting in my living rooms.

"Paranormal private eye. Grim reaper extraordinaire. Whatever. Charley Davidson is back! And she's drinking copious amounts of caffeine to stay awake because, every time she closes her eyes, she sees him: Reyes Farrow, the parthuman, part-supermodel son of Satan. Yes, she did imprison him for all eternity, but come on. How is she supposed to solve a missing persons case, deal with an ego-driven doctor, calm her curmudgeonly dad, and take on a motorcycle gang hellbent on murder when the devil's son just won't give up?"--… (more)

466 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,499,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible