Chasing Sunsets: A Cedar Key Novel by Eva…

Chasing Sunsets: A Cedar Key Novel

by Eva Marie Everson (Author)

NCLA Review -Kimberly Tucker's marriage has ended and she doesn't understand why her husband left. Her two sons will be spending several weeks with their father during the summer. She goes to her family's vacation home where she spent many summers growing up. It is a beautiful island retreat of beaches and sunsets that she has not visited in many years. The story is a journey through Kim's unexpected altered life where she learns more about herself, accepts her sister's and mother's alcoholism and has a second chance at love with someone from her past. It is very well written and makes you feel like you are right there on the beautiful island walking along the beach and seeing the sunsets. Eva Marie Everson has written over twenty five books and has won multiple awards. Rating: 4 —PD ( )
  ncla | Oct 2, 2011 |
CHASING SUNSETS by Eva Marie Everson is the first book I’ve read by this author and I think I’ve found a new favorite author to follow!

This is a book of hope, forgiveness, introspection and love. I love the fact that the main character decided to take a trip to Cedar Key by herself to do a little relaxing. For the first time since college, she’s alone for 5 weeks in the summer. She seemed to be at loose ends until she meets her neighbor and “wise woman”, Patsy. This time alone gives Kimberly the opportunity to examine her life, her ended marriage, her family's "hidden" issues and what she wants to do in the future. As in real life, it’s a difficult road to take.

I love that the characters in the book are developed – it’s like you actually know them. When an author can pull that off, I’d say the book will be a success. You want to take sides in the character plots but Ms. Everson brings out both the good & the not-so-good qualities of everyone. No single character is black or white---just like in real life---but they have awesome traits and everyday flaws. Personally I like that in my reading.

Chasing Sunsets is a fabulous summer read---by the pool, in a chaise lounge, or even on the patio. Bring out a fruity drink & you have the makings of a relaxing time just for you. I’m giving this a 5 star rating and look forward to the next book in the series!

Available June 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group. ( )
  iluvf14 | Jun 14, 2011 |
evastated by a divorce, Kimberly Tucker is searching for answers. How could a marriage that seemed to be so perfect have fallen apart? What had she done to cause her husband to turn to some one else? Kimberly had been a people-pleaser and problem fixer since she was a child. She depended on others approval of her and was determined to fix all things around her.

Will a trip to the family vacation home at Cedar Key force Kimberly to come face to face with truths that she had buried deep in her heart?

This book starts out in the court room as Kimberly and Charlie Tucker are meeting before the General Magistrate to determine the summer arrangements for their two boys Cody and Chase. There Kimberly is told that the boys would be with their father for 5 weeks of the summer. Absolutely devastated at this announcement Kimberly is left feeling as if her heart is shattered. To distract her from the heartbreak her father sends her on a job to the family vacation retreat - a place she had not returned to since her mother's death.

In this place Kimberly is forced to look at the past and face the ugly secrets of life that were locked up there. She must decide if she will allow God to rekindle and old flame and redeem the things she thought were lost. But this will mean that Kimberly must also admit some truths about herself and her family that will forever change her - and will set her free.

I could not put this novel down. The author has carefully developed each character in such a way that the reader feels as if they know them personally. I enjoyed the fact that there were chapters that were flashback style - so that the reader could gain more knowledge about the past of each character so that the current choices, actions and feelings make more since.

I could not put this book down. I can't wait for the second book!! I will be anxiously awaiting it's print date to see how this story unfolds more - to see what happens to the others in this book.

Thank you Revel publishing for this free review copy. ( )
  Adayriddle | Jun 13, 2011 |
Kimberly Claybourne Tucker didn't want to be swept away by the magic of Cedar Key, Florida. A painful divorce and the responsibility of rearing two sons leaves Kimberly stressed and without the answers as to why things happen. When a judge orders her sons to spend five weeks with their father, Kimberly's father pushes her to visit Cedar Key, a place she has avoided for years because of the bittersweet memories. Her goal is to visit the area as quickly as possible and return. However, a chance meeting with Steven Granger, her first love, disrupts her plans. As she spends time in Cedar Key, she discovers the need for faith, the shadows of the past, and that sometimes there are second chances.

I thoroughly enjoyed Chasing Sunsets by Eva Marie Everson. I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida so I easily identified with the atmosphere and vivid imagery. The intricate stories of the characters drew me back to this book until I finished it. There's no doubt that Everson is a talented author, but I wish there was more closure to the plot. The book is well-over three hundred pages, yet the story is incomplete when the book ends. Thank goodness there is a sequel planned. The first chapter of it is in the back to the book.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fiction with a mixture of romance, sisterhood, and life issues.

Available June 2011 at your favorite bookseller, from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Revell Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." ( )
  Sneezybee23 | Jun 13, 2011 |
CHASING SUNSETS by Eva Marie Everson is a wonderful inspirational contemporary romance set in Cedar Key,Florida.It is the first in the new "A Cedar Key" novel series. What a wonderful Southern fiction with delightful,convincing,engaging and lovable cast of characters.The plot is well written with details and depth. It has family secrets,love,faith,

finding peace,redemption,forgiveness, grace,the depth of a family's love,and second chances. Kimberly Tucker,is a recent divorcee,struggles with loneliness,mother of two teenage boys, a control freak, and looking for change. Steven Granger,is also a divorcee of one teenage girl,has a bad reputation of being a playboy,and looking for change.While, Kimberly and Steven where old friends they moved apart.Steven,was actually Kimberly first teenage love.When Kim's father sends to on vacation at their family's summer cottage in Cedar Key,she meets Steven again. Together,they will find peace,

forgiveness,long buried secrets that come to surface and you can sometimes find your first true love again.This is a compelling love story set on island time and second chances.It will keep you turning pages,while you enjoy island atmosphere. A great summer read. This book was received for the purpose of review from the publisher and details can be found at Revell, a division of Baker Publishing and My Book Addiction Reviews.

****Watch for the second in the "A Cedar Key" novel series "Chasing Seeking Sunrise"....Coming soon**** ( )
  tarenn | Jun 12, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 080073436X, Paperback)

Kimberly Tucker's life hasn't turned out the way she thought it would. A divorced mother of two, Kim resents her ex-husband for moving on with his life and living it up while she struggles to understand what went wrong. When her sons end up spending five weeks of summer vacation with their father, Kim's own father suggests a respite in the family vacation home on tiny Cedar Key Island. As Kim revisits her childhood memories and loves, she soon discovers that treasures in life are often buried, and mistakes--both past and present--become redeemable in God's hand.

Readers will be swept away to an island retreat where they walk alongside Kim as she discovers that God's answers may not come easily, but they do come.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:50 -0400)

Kimberly Tucker's life hasn't turned out the way she thought it would. While her ex is living it up, she struggles to understand what went wrong. When her two sons end up spending five weeks of summer vacation with their father, Kim plans a respite at the family vacation home on tiny Cedar Key. As she revisits the long-forgotten past, she discovers that treasures in life are often buried, and sometimes you do get a second chance at love.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,625,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible