Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) by…

Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) (edition 2011)

by Tammara Webber

2341974,018 (3.51)2
Member:reginaplove
Title:Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1)
Authors:Tammara Webber
Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition, 280 pages
Tags:to-read

Between the Lines by Tammara Webber

I really enjoyed this book. I liked the dual narrative style because you get to hear the main characters inner dialogue and it's not just one-sided. It also told me who i wasn't rooting for. The banter between the characters in the book was funny and didn't seem too contrived. Overall the concept (young actors on location filming a movie) was interesting and was surprisingly better than I expected it would be. ( )
  ItsBookishMe | Apr 20, 2016 |
I enjoyed this, but you can definitely tell that it's part one in a series. I didn't like it as much as "Easy", but I'm still planning on reading the second one. This author really knows how to write a page turner because I couldn't put it down. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
4.5/5
I think this review is going to be a bit messy, because it's all about my feelings, y'all. You know how highly I praised Easy by Miss Webber? This is her second book I've read and she still rocks my socks.

If this is New Adult genre, I LOVE IT. Cute, sweet, refreshing, there is depth in characters, there is tender and unexpected beauty in them. There is no TSTL. I found Emma really refreshing, I found I could even sympathise to the bad boy, Reid.

In fact, he is a spitting image of my younger brother, so I know his type. And still, Reid is fragile, he is hurting and he is at crossroads. He might find a tipping point that will change him or he might continue his self-destruction.

Funny thing, Emma and Reid were so different in many ways, but on the other hand they had similar problems and feelings, they just chose to act on them differently.

Graham on the other hand was absolutely charming despite me waiting for him to turn into a villain at any point in the plot. The huge huge difference between both guys was that one of them was interested in Emma, another was fascinated by his reaction to Emma. I love how Tammara showed which is which and by that gave us a really valuable advice.

The plot is like a microcosm of our society, there are all sorts of situations and points of views, surf dudes show insightfulness, confident beautiful girl is addicted to an abusive controlling jerk of a boyfriend and a resident queen bee has a wonderful secret.

The amusing part of the story is that while the plot revolves around a group of young actors, they are filming an adaptation of Pride and Prejudice in high school, and OMG, the irony if it all...

Anyway, if you liked Easy, you will like this one too. It might not be as dramatic, but it raises serious issues as well and urges you to follow your own desires before anyone else's and not to succumb to pressure. Amen to that. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
Fans of Tammara Webber 's Easy will probably pick up this book thinking, another Webber romance, I'll enjoy this.

You won't, just save yourself. ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
While this was a fun book, and the characters were definitely true-to-life (as much as they can be, I guess.. considering not that many teens are famous actors) - I would definitely recommend this for older or mature teens. I am definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the series. You can definitely see the author's growth as a writer, comparing this novel to Easy. ( )
  LaneLiterati | Feb 17, 2014 |
“You live with your parents?”

When Hollywood sensation, Reid Alexander, arrives on location, his intentions are simple: film another blockbuster hit while enjoying his celebrity status to the fullest. His costar is a virtual unknown with whom he has blazing hot chemistry. Emma Pierce just got her big break after more than a decade of filming commercials. Nailing the lead role in a wide-release film should send her into raptures, but Emma is experiencing a building desire to be normal, and starring in a silly, modernized adaptation of one of her favorite novels--opposite the very hot Reid Alexander--isn't going to advance that aspiration. Indie actor Graham Douglas isn't overly picky when it comes to film roles. If it pays, he'll do it. Besides, his friend Brooke Cameron snatched up the role of the bitchy hot girl and could use his help as a buffer, because her ex is the star. Graham has no problem keeping a handle on the situation, until he finds himself attracted to Reid's costar, Emma, the girl Reid is pursuing full-throttle with his standard arsenal of charm, good looks and arrogance.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,908,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible