dismiss

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K.…

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2000)

by J. K. Rowling

Series: Harry Potter (4)

82,8117635 (4.36)13 / 928
Fourteen-year-old Harry Potter joins the Weasleys at the Quidditch World Cup, then enters his fourth year at Hogwarts Academy where he is mysteriously entered in an unusual contest that challenges his wizarding skills, friendships and character, amid signs that an old enemy is growing stronger.
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling (TeamJacob101)
    TeamJacob101: I Couldn't put it down!
    The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman (Leishai)
    Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis (krizia_lazaro)
    Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey (whitewavedarling)
    whitewavedarling: Santa Olivia is admittedly built for a more mature audience, but the themes, character types, and situations in the Harry Potter series and in Carey's work make me believe a reader who enjoys one will likely enjoy the other. Santa Olivia, though, is not a traditional fantasy, but more in the lines of speculative fiction, so that fantasy-only readers who enjoy Harry Potter for primarily the inclusion of magic may not enjoy Carey's work. I'm recommending it with this Harry Potter book in particular since, for me, this was the book when the series took a leap toward becoming more adult. Santa Olivia is also probably the beginning of a forthcoming series.… (more)
    Sasquatch Moon by R. Stone (Anonymous user)
    Dangerous Donkey (Adam Cranford Series) by Alaric Adair (markbiblos)
    markbiblos: A hero teenager doing crazy things under difficult conditions.
Elevenses (161)
Ghosts (100)

English (715)  Italian (8)  German (7)  Dutch (6)  French (6)  Spanish (4)  Finnish (4)  Swedish (3)  Danish (2)  Arabic (2)  Portuguese (2)  Lithuanian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Aragonese Spanish (1)  All languages (762)
Good. A bit long, and the inciting incident is a little too contrived but that’s okay for a series like this. This has more “Harry being unpopular with the public” and that’s always tedious to read compared to the character stuff. ( )
  peterbmacd | May 16, 2020 |
The part that stuck with me this time rereading it was Harry’s description of what Dumbledore might look like during the summer holiday. Only what Harry described is not what I ultimately pictured. I pictured Dumbledore looking like Disney’s Merlin from Sword in the Stone with Bermuda shorts and sunglasses with his long beard. Lol! ( )
  BelindaS7 | Apr 14, 2020 |
I have read this book many times. `This time is the first time that I have listened to the Jim Dale book on cd version. It was really nice to listen/read a book on a long trip while I was driving. This book isn't my favorite of the series, but I do enjoy that the 2 other wizarding schools are talked about and that we meet students from the schools as well. The Quidditch World Cup is amazing! I also liked that we learned a bit more about Lord Voldemort and his followers, The Death Eaters. ( )
  BelindaS7 | Apr 14, 2020 |
Interesting little tidbits of information on Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts. I particularly enjoyed the information about witch persecution and some of the darker creatures from the series. I will definitely be downloading the other few books from Pottermore. ( )
  BelindaS7 | Apr 14, 2020 |
This book was super interesting. Potions is my favorite, of course, but the herbology side was also insightful. It was interesting to learn about how it came about to universally name plants instead of different locations calling plants what they willed. The origin of the garden gnome was interesting...I have mixed feelings about them myself. Overall a interesting read for sure. ( )
  BelindaS7 | Apr 14, 2020 |
Tras otro abominable verano con los Dursley, Harry se dispone a iniciar el cuarto curso en Hogwarts, la famosa escuela de magia y hechicería. A sus catorce años, a Harry le gustaría ser un joven mago como los demás y dedicarse a aprender nuevos sortilegios, encontrarse con sus amigos Ron y Hermione y asistir con ellos a los Mundiales de quidditch. Sin embargo, al llegar al colegio le espera una gran sorpresa que lo obligará a enfrentarse a los desafíos más temibles de toda su vida. Si logra superarlos, habrá demostrado que ya no es un niño y que está preparado para vivir las nuevas y emocionantes experiencias que el futuro le depara.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

in memory of Mr. Ridley
and to Susan Sladden,
who helped Harry
out of his cupboard.
The villagers of Little Hangleton still called it 'the Riddle House', even though it had been many years since the Riddle family had lived there.
"Kill the spare"

In this book Harry conquers various tasks via the triwizard tournament, but is this tournament more than Harry can handle?
Headmaster cancelled

the school sports program so that

four kids could hunt eggs.

(CathWhitney)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,234,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible