dismiss

Harry Potter und der Feuerkelch. Bd. 4. 20…

Harry Potter und der Feuerkelch. Bd. 4. 20 Audio-CDs (original 2000; edition 2002)

by Joanne K. Rowling, Rufus Beck, Joanne K. Rowling (Author), Rufus Beck (Author)

Series: Harry Potter (4)

83,6827775 (4.36)13 / 933
Fourteen-year-old Harry Potter joins the Weasleys at the Quidditch World Cup, then enters his fourth year at Hogwarts Academy where he is mysteriously entered in an unusual contest that challenges his wizarding skills, friendships and character, amid signs that an old enemy is growing stronger.
Member:CrazyTabasco
Title:Harry Potter und der Feuerkelch. Bd. 4. 20 Audio-CDs
Authors:Joanne K. Rowling
Other authors:Rufus Beck, Joanne K. Rowling (Author), Rufus Beck (Author)
Info:Dhv der Hörverlag (2002), Audio CD
Rating:*****

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling (2000)

Recently added bylevipup, winni.fred, Riatastic, mgeorgebrown89, private library, TregoSchoolLibrary, Dreameher, itto1095
Legacy LibrariesTim Spalding
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling (TeamJacob101)
    TeamJacob101: I Couldn't put it down!
    The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman (Leishai)
    Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis (krizia_lazaro)
    Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey (whitewavedarling)
    whitewavedarling: Santa Olivia is admittedly built for a more mature audience, but the themes, character types, and situations in the Harry Potter series and in Carey's work make me believe a reader who enjoys one will likely enjoy the other. Santa Olivia, though, is not a traditional fantasy, but more in the lines of speculative fiction, so that fantasy-only readers who enjoy Harry Potter for primarily the inclusion of magic may not enjoy Carey's work. I'm recommending it with this Harry Potter book in particular since, for me, this was the book when the series took a leap toward becoming more adult. Santa Olivia is also probably the beginning of a forthcoming series.… (more)
    Sasquatch Moon by R. Stone (Anonymous user)
    Dangerous Donkey (Adam Cranford Series) by Alaric Adair (markbiblos)
    markbiblos: A hero teenager doing crazy things under difficult conditions.
Elevenses (161)
Ghosts (100)

English (723)  Italian (8)  German (7)  Dutch (6)  French (6)  Spanish (4)  Finnish (4)  Swedish (3)  Danish (2)  Arabic (2)  Portuguese (2)  Lithuanian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Aragonese Spanish (1)  All languages (770)
This one so much better than the previous three. It was obviously more mature and dealt with real dangers. Goblet Of Fire not only introduced some awesome new characters to us but also gave us the Quidditch World Cup and the Triwizard Championship. I don't even remember them in the movie. Cedric Diggory was indeed someone I adored in the movie but unfortunately I didn't feel the same in the book.
Alastor "Mad-eye" Moody would have been one of my favourites if just he wouldn't have turned out to be Barty Crouch Jr. in reality. I love cynical characters.

Of course, the book was too long and a little boring. Sometimes J. K. Rowling's writing seems so off that I postpone reading the book.
There were so many good incidents in the book but they were so far and few in between. The language is so easy to read but I don't think the author's way of explaining the scenes having more action and less talk are any good. You have to go very slow while reading or you might miss some stuff. Which is saying a lot coming from a book that is over 600 pages.
Rowling creates such good characters but then mess them up without any good enough reason. And that has happened as lot even in the next book.
And then this ending. Every time in Harry Potter books, we come across mysteries that aren't even as exciting and at the end we are overloaded with information just before we want the action to happen. That not only wants us to skim over the revelations which are important but also makes them sound ill-timed. In my honest opinion, Rowling does better with words and dialogues than she does with action. And it is not cool at all. ( )
  AzuraScarlet | Aug 1, 2020 |
Harry's fourth year is as exciting as the others, this time dealing with a giant inter-wizarding tournament, the return of the death eaters, and hormones. The ending marks the official return of he-who-must-not-be-named, and really shifts the tone for the remaining books to come. The story is less about Hogwarts and more about organizing to defeat the dark lord. Overall a fantastic continuation of the story with a brutal ending. ( )
  Mapers8 | Jul 30, 2020 |
Another excellent volume in the Harry Potter Saga! The bulk of the story is pretty straightforward as Harry's name mysteriously ends up in the Goblet of Fire and he needs to reluctantly compete in three quests but the last hundred pages are outstanding with lots of reveals, twists and turns! What a great adventure! ( )
  spaceman5000 | Jul 23, 2020 |
During Harry's fourth year at Hogwarts, the Triwizard Tournament, a competition between magical schools, takes place. Harry is too young to enter, but he somehow gets entered anyway, and must complete the competition. Is someone trying to get him killed?

Having read this book many times, I found that I kept noticing the little errors and inconsistencies that crept in. I also realized that I've always had a problem with how the plot hinges on one enormous coincidence. Don't get me wrong: it's still Harry Potter, so highly enjoyable -- just not my favorite of the series. ( )
  foggidawn | Jul 22, 2020 |
The Harry Potter books have an amazing universe and a very engaging storyline. I'm less enamoured by the writing, though.
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
Tras otro abominable verano con los Dursley, Harry se dispone a iniciar el cuarto curso en Hogwarts, la famosa escuela de magia y hechicería. A sus catorce años, a Harry le gustaría ser un joven mago como los demás y dedicarse a aprender nuevos sortilegios, encontrarse con sus amigos Ron y Hermione y asistir con ellos a los Mundiales de quidditch. Sin embargo, al llegar al colegio le espera una gran sorpresa que lo obligará a enfrentarse a los desafíos más temibles de toda su vida. Si logra superarlos, habrá demostrado que ya no es un niño y que está preparado para vivir las nuevas y emocionantes experiencias que el futuro le depara.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

in memory of Mr. Ridley
and to Susan Sladden,
who helped Harry
out of his cupboard.
The villagers of Little Hangleton still called it 'the Riddle House', even though it had been many years since the Riddle family had lived there.
"Kill the spare"

In this book Harry conquers various tasks via the triwizard tournament, but is this tournament more than Harry can handle?
Headmaster cancelled

the school sports program so that

four kids could hunt eggs.

(CathWhitney)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,880,300 books! | Top bar: Always visible