Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed…

Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus (2011)

by Kyle Idleman

This book is an eye opener & caused me to ask myself some tough questions. Jesus has "fans" and Jesus has "followers." Am I a fan or follower? What does Jesus require if you are to be one of His followers? The author makes some great points & backs up with a lot of scripture & personal stories from other people. I didn't like his writing style. He tried to include a lot of humor & comments & side notes that were just dumb & annoying to me. The book could have been 100 pages shorter if he had just kept things focused. Overall, I liked it I'm glad to have had the chance to read it & now challenge myself to pick up my cross & follow Christ. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
The idea is great; the message is needed; the delivery—confusing at times, judgmental at others. Efforts at humor came across mostly as making fun of others. I'm not a fan. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
He disappointed me in the fact that he didn't explain how the disabled people were fans or even could be fans.
  DaleVanWyhe | Jan 25, 2014 |
Love it! What a powerful challenge to lukewarm Christianity. Engaging and deeply challenging, this is a book every Christian should read. I am still struck by the simple and probing question, "has following Jesus cost you anything?" ( )
  ChuckS65 | Oct 7, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0310331935, Paperback)

Are you a follower of Jesus? Don't answer too quickly. In fact, you may want to read this book before you answer at all. Consider it a 'Define the Relationship' conversation to determine exactly where you stand. You may indeed be a passionate, fully devoted follower of Jesus. Or, you may be just a fan who admires Jesus but isn't ready to let him cramp your style. Then again, maybe you're not into Jesus, period. In any case, don't take the question---Are you a follower of Jesus?---lightly. Some people don't know what they've said yes to and other people don't realize what they've said no to, says Pastor Kyle Idleman. But Jesus is ready to clearly define the relationship he wants with his followers. Not a Fan calls you to consider the demands and rewards of being a true disciple. With frankness sprinkled with humor, Idleman invites you to live the way Jesus lived, love the way he loved, pray the way he prayed, and never give up living for the One who gave his all for you.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:18 -0400)

This book challenges you to consider what it really means to call yourself a Christian. With a direct frankness that you're not likely to hear in Sunday school class, the author invites you to take an honest look at your relationship with Jesus. His call to follow may seem radical to us, but Jesus desires it for every believer. --from back cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,124,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible