Afterlife (A Discovery of Vampires) by…

Afterlife (A Discovery of Vampires) (edition 2011)

by Isabella Kruger, H Kruger (Editor)

18None557,201 (2.5)None
Member:BookishBrunette
Title:Afterlife (A Discovery of Vampires)
Authors:Isabella Kruger
Other authors:H Kruger (Editor)
Info:

Afterlife (A Discovery of Vampires) by Isabella Kruger

book (1) paranormal (1) read (1) to-read (13) vampires (1) YA (1)

I couldn't even finish this book, it was full of spelling mistakes, sytnactic errors and bad grammar. The story wasn't catching at all, and I really don't know how I ended up buying this book, as I had never heard of the author before. I guess the one-click for kindle will be turned off on my account from now on :( ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
This was a super enchanting read... a fun and fast read with a new twist on vampires/werewolves. I feel like the story was a little rushed for all the things that went on. I really wish there would have been more of everything!

More on Fleur and her sister... What happened to Louisa after she left? Why didn't she come back? I would've liked more background to the girls life before their parents died. I need MORE! Good thing there are more books, hopefully they're less rushed!

The concept is FABULOUS!

One thing I have to mention- only because it is a huge pet peeve of mine- is spelling mistakes. Now I realize I make up words all the time and possibly even use them out of context quite often... but I like to think it's part of my charm. However, when I'm reading a book I find it unacceptable.

Glaring at me from the first page of Afterlife is the word 'surealness'. Now I would not have said anything if it was spelled 'surrealness' because the base word is 'surreal'. There are a few other minor things such as,

"That is why I have no other moral but to tag this book as 'afterlife'. "

What? I mean I GET what this means... but it makes no sense, so am I taking it out of context or is this a mistake? Am I a loser? Sorry, I just HAVE to mention these things just because I'd want to be made aware of them before I bought it!

This is what I would loosely call a *short story* it was 100 pages on my Nook, but Goodreads says the paperback is 196 pages... Just FYI!

3.5 Stars!

***I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*** ( )
  BookishBrunette | May 28, 2011 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,501,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible