Private: #1 Suspect by James Patterson

Private: #1 Suspect

by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro

Series: Private (2)

This is an engaging book, and if it sometimes feels as if the protagonist's detective agency has a little too much in the way of special technology, it doesn't unbalance the main story line as the investigators take on the job of proving their boss didn't kill his former fiancée. In addition, there are a number of subplots with the investigators taking on a job for the Mob and trying to stop a movie star make himself look bad.

Mostly good, the various plots were reasonable but the way character points of view cut around was sometimes difficult to follow especially if it was for people on the same investigation. Chapters were also almost painfully short - barely four or five pages in most of the hundred and twenty seven of them! ( )
  JohnFair | May 12, 2019 |
I LOVE his books. This one held my attention to the very end just like the rest of his books do and they always end not quite the way you were expecting. I am forever a fan of James Patterson.
  SWade0126 | Jan 11, 2019 |
This book was okay. It focused on characters from the last book. No new players, per se. Each time I reached for it I had to do a little rewind to get myself back into the story. Mixed feelings. 🙁 ( )
  whybehave2002 | Jun 3, 2018 |
weak invest firm — lots of murders quick endings — Jack / hate identical twin brother!

Since former Marine Jack Morgan started Private, it has become the world's most effective investigation firm--sought out by the famous and the powerful to discreetly handle their most intimate problems. Private's investigators are the smartest, the fastest, and the most technologically advanced in the world--and they always uncover the truth.

When his former lover is found murdered in Jack Morgan's bed, he is instantly the number one suspect. While Jack is under police investigation, the mob strong-arms him into recovering $30 million in stolen pharmaceuticals for them. And the beautiful manager of a luxury hotel chain persuades him to quietly investigate a string of murders at her properties.
  christinejoseph | Oct 4, 2017 |
I enjoyed this book like I do with every James Patterson book. Now that I'm done with it, I don't remember why the woman was killed. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe too rushed. Who knows. But a nice quick read. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |

Patterson, Jamesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paetro, Maxinemain authorall editionsconfirmed
We dedicate this book to our nearest and dearest, Sue and John, Brendan and Jack
A dark sedan turned off Pacific Coast Highway and slipped into the driveway of a gated Malibu beach house worth, had to be, seven or eight million.

Unsolvable cases

Impossible murders

The #1 suspect is Jack Morgan

While Jack is fighting for his life, one of his most trusted colleagues threatens to leave Private, and Jack realizes he is confronting the cleverest and most powerful enemies ever. With more action, more intrigue, and more twists than ever before, PRIVATE: #1 SUSPECT is James Patterson at his unstoppable best.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:07 -0400)

After his former lover is found murdered in his own bed, Jack Morgan, former Marine and founder of the world's most effective private investigation company, must clear his name while also solving murders at a posh hotel.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,532,972 books! | Top bar: Always visible