Wicked in Your Arms: Forgotten Princesses by…

Wicked in Your Arms: Forgotten Princesses (edition 2011)

by Sophie Jordan

Member:reesa00
Title:Wicked in Your Arms: Forgotten Princesses
Authors:Sophie Jordan
Info:Avon (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:romance, historical romance, england, 1800s, pbs, series, forgotton princesses, royalty

Wicked in Your Arms by Sophie Jordan

Wicked in Your Arms
5 Stars

At the end of years of civil war, Prince Sevatian Maksimi’s country is in dire need of stability and he is determined to do his duty and marry a suitably well-bred heiress. Grier Hadley, the illegitimate daughter of one of London’s wealthiest yet most unsavory underworld denizens, has nothing to recommend her except for an enormous dowry. Grier and Sev couldn’t be more wrong for each other, but that fact cannot stop the undeniable passion and desire that spark every time they touch …

This is my first Sophie Jordon book, but it will definitely not be my last. Grier and Sevastian’s love/hate relationship is captivating and the minor suspense plot only enhances their chemistry and romance.

Sevastian starts out as one of the more obnoxious heroes ever to grace the pages of historical romance. That said, as the story progresses and the extent of his attraction and subsequent devotion toward Grier becomes evident, he more than redeems himself and becomes one of my favorite heroes in the genre.

No stranger to social stigma and ostracization, Grier is a strong and resilient heroine who faces the petty cruelties of the ton with dignity and pride. She is well aware that her only asset in the eyes of society is her father’s wealth, but she has a nobility of spirit and a profound sense of self-worth that makes her all the more appealing.

Sev and Grier’s chemistry is sizzling and their sparring is delightful. The story moves along at a rapid pace and the suspense and excitement of the climax and resolution are an added bonus.

In sum, a sensual and steamy romance with well-developed and engaging characters. Looking forward to continuing with the series. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
Good, not great. H is a jerk through 3/4 of the book. The endless bickering reminds me some of the Tracy/Hepburn movies ( )
  lesmel | Dec 31, 2015 |
I enjoyed this book very much. 5 Stars for me. I stayed up late to read and couldn't wait to read just a bit here and a bit there. This is the first book I've read from this author, but I'll for sure read more! ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
This series is a lot of fun. It is actually a part of Jordan's Penwich School series, though, and this series has major spoilers for the last book in that series, so you should read those books first. ( )
  KateBond | Sep 20, 2013 |

Sophie Jordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jordan, Sophiemain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062032992, Mass Market Paperback)

One of the most notoriously eligible bachelors in Europe is finally ready to marry . . .

For fiercely independent Grier Hadley, being the illegitimate daughter of one of London's most unsavory characters has only one advantage: an enormous, ill-gotten dowry.

Prince Sevastian Maksimi knows where his duty lies: he must find a well-bred young lady—one with a considerable fortune to her name—wed her promptly, and get to the business of producing an heir.

The last thing Grier needs is some unattainable prince curling her toes with his smoldering glances and wicked suggestions. As far as Sev is concerned, she lacks the breeding to become a princess. And yet one kiss from this arresting female is all it takes for him to realize that anyone else in his arms would be unthinkable . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:32 -0400)

The illegitimate daughter of one of London's most unsavory characters, Grier Hadley, armed with an enormous, ill-gotten dowry, matches wits with Prince Sevastian Maksimi who needs a wealthy bride, but believes she lacks the breeding to become a princess.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,416,847 books! | Top bar: Always visible