Wicked in Your Arms: Forgotten Princesses by…

Wicked in Your Arms: Forgotten Princesses (edition 2011)

by Sophie Jordan

Member:reesa00
Title:Wicked in Your Arms: Forgotten Princesses
Authors:Sophie Jordan
Info:Avon (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:romance, historical romance, england, 1800s, pbs, series, forgotton princesses, royalty

Wicked in Your Arms by Sophie Jordan

This series is a lot of fun. It is actually a part of Jordan's Penwich School series, though, and this series has major spoilers for the last book in that series, so you should read those books first. ( )
  KateBond | Sep 20, 2013 |
Oh Sophie Jordan, you enamored me with Firelight and steamed up my nights with Wicked in Your Arms. It’s been quite a long time since I read a romance and when this one showed up on my doorstep I did a little happy dance. I knew I loved Jordan’s teen writing and I couldn’t wait to see how her prose was used in the romance genre.

Sevastian seems to be a foppish prat, concerned only with finding a well bred girl to marry and bed down with heirs for his kingdom. It is after all his duty. Grier is as much a feminist as her time period allows, when she first encounters Sev she dislikes him immediately, enough to pour a glass of lemon water over his head. It was quite the satisfying scene.

As the book progresses we learn that Sev isn’t as douchebaggy as it seems. He is in quite a rough position being the son who was never supposed to inherit the kingdom and he just came off of a long war campaign. Still no matter how much he cares for/ is entertained by Grier the fact remains she may have the money but not the breeding.

Grier and Sev part ways knowing they can never be together until the unthinkable happens and they both have to decide which road they will take and if they both will defy the constraints of society and try to be together.

Wicked in Your Arms is lush, full of peerage and courtly mannerisms and is a very satisfying read. ( )
  Bookaliciouspam | Sep 20, 2013 |
I liked this book, the heroine Grier is one of my favorite heroines that I have read about lately. Sev, the hero, started out kind of snobby and pompous but he redeemed himself. I liked it that when they realized they fell in love they told each other. Plenty of great dialogue to laugh over, not as steamy as I normally like though. Recommended read, I really enjoyed it. ( )
  Amanda.Richardson | Jul 23, 2013 |
I feel like every time I read a book from this author, I think to myself why did it take myself so long to read her. I have recently started reading more of her books, and the ones I have read so far, are some of my favorite romances. There is a certain way about her writing that captures your attentions from the first sentence. When I saw Wicked In Your Arms on the shelves at the library, I knew I had to pick it up, the cover alone is what really drew me, I love the vibrant yellows and oranges mixed in with the dark color of Grier's dress. Then when I read the blurb, I instantly put it in my bag. This story is the first in the series, and I do love a royal story, especially when in the beginning you wonder how they end up together, considering they are from two sides of the tracks right? Well it was pure bliss to read Grier and Sevastian's story.

We begin with Sevastian having just returned from the war, still wounded but seeking his grandfather, who expects him to marry well to rebuild their country up again. Still mourning the loss of his brother and with a huge heap of responsibilities he never though he would have to endure, he heads to England to procure a bride. Then it jumps to two months later, at a ball, where Grier, who is content to hide behind plants rather than talk nonsense with the ton, overhears a conversation not very flattering about herself and her sister, between a prince and his cousin, and lets just say the outcome was hilarious and the humorous tension that builds between Grier and Sevastian is very entertaining to say the least. In fact this is probably one of the more entertaining read I have had a chance to read in quite a while. Then they are put together in a house party for a week, and the conflict between them only escalates further. In the beginning they almost despise each other despite the fact they desire each other. Then we see a strong emotional connection as well builds between them, and despisement turns to passion which turns into a intense love story. It is almost like a roller coaster going through all these emotions along side the couple, A whirl of fun this story is.

Now I had a hard time choosing which characters I liked more Sevastian or Grier. Sevastian in the beginning seems to be very conceited and very rude but we see another side to him. We see the true character, what is beneath the tough protective exterior and to the delicious part of him. Sevastian is a royal, but he wishes he could have love and someone to really care for. He also knows the chances of finding that are slim. I enjoyed seeing the hard part of him soften toward Grier, and that's where it gets really emotional. Grier, just had my heart from the beginning, I felt it so easy to relate with her on a personal level. Grier has grown up riding astride horses, learning to fish and shoot, (nothing a proper woman should ever even think about), she likes to talk about real events instead of the weather or what needlepoint she is working on. I found her to be like a breath of fresh air. I also liked how resilient she is, pretty much everyone talks horribly behind her back, but she takes it all in stride, and puts a smile on her face even though inside she is hurting. I liked how brave she was and stood up to Sevastian constantly.

Overall I fell in love with Sevastian and Grier, and as we see their relationship progress, I couldn't help but love seeing these two together. The story was a whirlwind of fun, passion, a bit of danger, and a whole lot of intensity that only made for a astounding read. A SEXY read that only demonstrates Jordans wonderful storytelling talent that reaches out to the reader. DELIGHTFUL!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Jun 2, 2013 |
Prince Sevastian goes to England to find a bride, but what he doesn’t expect is to fall for the illegitimate daughter of a rogue. While his cousin urges him to court a suitable lady, he can’t help falling under Grier’s spell. The fiery redhead captivates him like no other woman, but can he resist her charms to fulfill his duty?

Grier knows it’s trouble when she meets the Prince. From his disparaging remarks, he clearly considers her beneath his station. Yet as they continue to encounter each other, their heated conversations draw them together, first in the glittering parlors of the nobility and later in the bedchamber. A delightful historical romance. ( )
  NancyJCohen | Apr 11, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062032992, Mass Market Paperback)

One of the most notoriously eligible bachelors in Europe is finally ready to marry . . .

For fiercely independent Grier Hadley, being the illegitimate daughter of one of London's most unsavory characters has only one advantage: an enormous, ill-gotten dowry.

Prince Sevastian Maksimi knows where his duty lies: he must find a well-bred young lady—one with a considerable fortune to her name—wed her promptly, and get to the business of producing an heir.

The last thing Grier needs is some unattainable prince curling her toes with his smoldering glances and wicked suggestions. As far as Sev is concerned, she lacks the breeding to become a princess. And yet one kiss from this arresting female is all it takes for him to realize that anyone else in his arms would be unthinkable . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:51 -0400)

The illegitimate daughter of one of London's most unsavory characters, Grier Hadley, armed with an enormous, ill-gotten dowry, matches wits with Prince Sevastian Maksimi who needs a wealthy bride, but believes she lacks the breeding to become a princess.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,996,341 books! | Top bar: Always visible