Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy) by Mira Grant

Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy) (edition 2012)

by Mira Grant

Collections:Your library, Read, BOX10
Rating:***
Tags:Science Fiction, Zombies, Horror, Thriller

Blackout by Mira Grant

Feed by Mira Grant (bikeracer4487)
    bikeracer4487: This is the 1st book in the Newsflesh trilogy that Blackout is the 3rd and final book of. If you stumbled across this book I HIGHLY recommend starting at Feed and then moving on to Deadline.
    Deadline by Mira Grant (bikeracer4487)

I hate this book and everything it chooses to be.

Honestly. I just felt DRAINED trying to finish this. I dreaded forcing myself through another chapter, and another, and another, when it's clear where the whole clone thing is heading and when the writing is SO repetitive and when I was spending half the time reading the thoughts of the most boring mad-man in history. No thank you. ( )
  thebookmagpie | Jan 30, 2016 |

hoegbottom | Jan 30, 2016 |

hoegbottom | Jan 30, 2016 |
4.5/5
Feed made me burst into tears in public place. Deadline was emotionally exhausting. Blackout is...hard to judge.

What did I love? The pacing, which is superb. The final showdown and George's speech intermixed with the blog entries.

What I found disappointing? The ease of Shaun and George's meet up, very very few zombie threats, lack of showing of the intensity of emotional attachment between Shaun and George when they get reunited... Overall, the intensity of the series got toned down a lot.

You remember Buffy's getting infected in Feed or Dave staying to die in the airstrike just so the rest of the team could get out of the city in Deadline? There was this gut-wrenching anguish, which I couldn't see in Blackout. I also missed the blog posts that interacted and made their impact on people all over the world.

Despite my misgivings, Newsflesh trilogy is still miles away from any post-apocalyptic fiction you'll ever read. It's profound, thought-provoking and really really intense. Zombies here serve as a background to a world of political intrigues and terrifying global conspiracies. An absolute MUST READ!

Anyone coming within a hundred yards of my happy ending had better pray that they're immune to bullets. - Shaun Mason ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
A downright amazing conclusion to an engrossing trilogy I never thought I would read because it had zombies in it. Once again, the zombies were just a fact of life for the world the books were set in and the real creepiness came from all the adjustments humanity made and stuff the bad guys were doing. A little off on some of the relationship stuff that suddenly coalesced towards end of book (well, compared to the events, blogs, thoughts of characters in earlier books) but overall a good finish to series.

I pre-ordered this one and then kept getting interrupted and having to force myself to wait until well rested and able to set aside an extended period of time in case it was as engrossing as the first two. Good thing--because I did have to read all in one sitting.

Whew! What a ride. I just finished and I completely have no idea how to write a coherent review--except that it's a 5-star series that should appeal to fans of many genres. If you aren't into zombies, it's still a book for you.

I think I am intensely jealous of readers coming new to the trilogy and able to read without being tortured waiting for the next installment. Then again, an intense series so maybe a strategic pause between volumes not the worst idea. ( )
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
My story ended where so many stories have ended since the Rising: with a man -- in this case, my adoptive brother and best friend, Shaun, -- holding a gun to the base of my skull as the virus in my blood betrayed me, transforming me from a thinking human being into something better suited to a horror movie.

In 2041, Georgia Mason, held hostage by a team of CDC researchers, must find her way back to Shaun Mason, who is dealing with his own problems, such as zombie bears, mad scientists and rogue government agencies, before things get worse in her post-zombie, post-resurrection America.… (more)

108 wanted3 pay1 pay

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,084,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible