Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy) by Mira Grant

Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy) (edition 2012)

by Mira Grant

Collections:Your library, Read, BOX10
Rating:***
Tags:Science Fiction, Zombies, Horror, Thriller

Blackout by Mira Grant

Feed by Mira Grant (bikeracer4487)
    bikeracer4487: This is the 1st book in the Newsflesh trilogy that Blackout is the 3rd and final book of. If you stumbled across this book I HIGHLY recommend starting at Feed and then moving on to Deadline.
    Deadline by Mira Grant (bikeracer4487)

fun trilogy, great summer read. zombies have been done plenty recently, but this one still seems new. ( )
  Mrdrewk | Dec 2, 2014 |
This book is the third in Mira Grant's (aka Seanan McGuire) Newsflesh series, about a post-zombie world where the zombies are kept at bay in equilibrium attendant with some major societal changes, notably in the ascendency of life lived through the Internet. An innovative setting for a zombie novel and indeed, #1 in the series, Feed, was brilliant. Alas, #3 is somewhat of a disappointment. It's not unusual for a #2 in the series to drag a bit (it did) only to be rescued by the final book. But, in this case, #3 just goes further downhill. By no means a bad book, the premise just gets stretched out too long, the science --once plausible-- veers off into classic bad mistakes (how many times will we read --and roll our eyes-- about clones who magically get their original's memories - not again) capped off with a surprise and major cringe-worthy relationship blooming between the major (brother-sister) characters. Really ended on a off-key note. Of course, you must read it if you're reading the series.
  hblanchard | Nov 23, 2014 |
I hate this book and everything it chooses to be.

Honestly. I just felt DRAINED trying to finish this. I dreaded forcing myself through another chapter, and another, and another, when it's clear where the whole clone thing is heading and when the writing is SO repetitive and when I was spending half the time reading the thoughts of the most boring mad-man in history. No thank you. ( )
  humblewomble | Oct 19, 2014 |
This was a good book! I found the parts with clone!Georgia much more interesting than the parts with Shaun, but the whole book was really very interesting. The ending was...incredibly bittersweet, though. For so many reasons. It wasn't a book you finished feeling good or 'happily-ever-after' about it. :( But still a good book! Not all books have to be happy. ( )
  sammii507 | Aug 19, 2014 |
The opening chapters of this book really smack the reader upside the head and just have you waiting for the two plot threads to combine and head straight for an awesome ending. The ending is wrapped up nicely but of course there is always room for more stories in this universe since it seems things are changing about the virus. I really can't say much about it the plot since this is the third and final book in the series. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
My story ended where so many stories have ended since the Rising: with a man -- in this case, my adoptive brother and best friend, Shaun, -- holding a gun to the base of my skull as the virus in my blood betrayed me, transforming me from a thinking human being into something better suited to a horror movie.

In 2041, Georgia Mason, held hostage by a team of CDC researchers, must find her way back to Shaun Mason, who is dealing with his own problems, such as zombie bears, mad scientists and rogue government agencies, before things get worse in her post-zombie, post-resurrection America.… (more)

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,321,888 books! | Top bar: Always visible