Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy) by Mira Grant

Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy) (edition 2012)

by Mira Grant

Collections:Your library, Read, BOX10
Rating:***
Tags:Science Fiction, Zombies, Horror, Thriller

Blackout by Mira Grant

Feed by Mira Grant (bikeracer4487)
    bikeracer4487: This is the 1st book in the Newsflesh trilogy that Blackout is the 3rd and final book of. If you stumbled across this book I HIGHLY recommend starting at Feed and then moving on to Deadline.
    Deadline by Mira Grant (bikeracer4487)

A fitting end to an f-ed up series. I approve. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Abandoned about 150 pages in... the concept sounded interesting so I picked the book up, not realising it was a YA book... I also picked up The Doomsday Book at the same time, and read that earlier this year; again an interesting concept but not entirely convincing in it's execution.
Sadly, I read a lot of Shelfari reviews after having picked the book up, which pretty much had the consensus that it wasn't as good as The Doomsday book... hence abandoning it... for now... ( )
  jkdavies | Jun 14, 2016 |
Good work! ( )
  adamwolf | Jun 7, 2016 |
This book got a little weird. Saw the weirdness coming but was hoping I was wrong. But whatever. Satisfying ending to a fantastic series. I didn't like this one as much as the first 2. The beginning was quite slow and it didn't really pick up till about halfway through it. But I'm still pleased with how everything played out. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
READ IN ENGLISH

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review, thank you!

After seeing all the positive reviews for Blackout I a) really wanted to read it, and b) really wanted to like it. To avoid spoilers I didn't do a lot of research as to what the story was about.

I won't tell anything about the story either, it's better to let you find out for yourself. Let's just say that life gets quite tough, quite fast. At the beginning you can feel the tension is rising and something terrible is going to happen. I didn't like the ending as much, as it seemed a mash up of

at least the modern War of the Worlds movie remake (could be just me, that I don't know enough about Sci-Fi to distinguish ancient aliens invading and killing all humans stories from one another) and the fifth story of Cloud Atlas.

Would still recommend though. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
My story ended where so many stories have ended since the Rising: with a man -- in this case, my adoptive brother and best friend, Shaun, -- holding a gun to the base of my skull as the virus in my blood betrayed me, transforming me from a thinking human being into something better suited to a horror movie.

In 2041, Georgia Mason, held hostage by a team of CDC researchers, must find her way back to Shaun Mason, who is dealing with his own problems, such as zombie bears, mad scientists and rogue government agencies, before things get worse in her post-zombie, post-resurrection America.… (more)

108 wanted3 pay1 pay

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,784,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible