Blackout by Mira Grant

Member:reading_fox
Title:Blackout
Authors:Mira Grant
Info:Orbit (2012), Epub 561 pages
Collections:Recommendations ONLY, Ebooks, Your library, Science fiction, Favorites
Rating:*****
Tags:!gra, /blo03, ebook, @2012, science fiction, near future, zombies, undead, news, politics, conspiracy, rule the world, mad scientists, hero dies

Blackout by Mira Grant

Feed by Mira Grant (bikeracer4487)
    bikeracer4487: This is the 1st book in the Newsflesh trilogy that Blackout is the 3rd and final book of. If you stumbled across this book I HIGHLY recommend starting at Feed and then moving on to Deadline.
    Deadline by Mira Grant (bikeracer4487)

A fitting end to an f-ed up series. I approve. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Good work! ( )
  adamwolf | Jun 7, 2016 |
This book got a little weird. Saw the weirdness coming but was hoping I was wrong. But whatever. Satisfying ending to a fantastic series. I didn't like this one as much as the first 2. The beginning was quite slow and it didn't really pick up till about halfway through it. But I'm still pleased with how everything played out. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
I love zombies, post-apocolyptic fiction, conspiracies, and medical thrillers. So yes, loved this book! It was a ton of fun. If like me you love even a few of those things you will like this book and I can recommend it to you. If you don't though, I feel I have to acknowledge a few flaws. Anyone remember Stephen King's The Stand? In that book King gave us vignettes of action happening to non-central characters around the country, it helped communicate the scope of the action and what was at stake. Grant's use of first-person narration of only a couple central characters gives a much narrower view, sometimes resulting in a tell-not-show story. Even the blog posts supplanting the narrative were pulled from recurring characters and were mostly repetitive. There was a lot of "villain explains the plot" and the final resolution to the vast conspiracy was a little too easy. For me the sheer fun of the zombie world Grant created, running from the bad guys, uncovering the conspiracy outweighed these flaws and I went along with the story. She draws interesting parallels to current events and politics. In summary I loved the book, had a lot of fun reading it, but there were a few flaws that kept it from being a great book. ( )
  csmith0406 | Mar 18, 2016 |
I hate this book and everything it chooses to be.

Honestly. I just felt DRAINED trying to finish this. I dreaded forcing myself through another chapter, and another, and another, when it's clear where the whole clone thing is heading and when the writing is SO repetitive and when I was spending half the time reading the thoughts of the most boring mad-man in history. No thank you. ( )
  hoegbottom | Jan 30, 2016 |
My story ended where so many stories have ended since the Rising: with a man -- in this case, my adoptive brother and best friend, Shaun, -- holding a gun to the base of my skull as the virus in my blood betrayed me, transforming me from a thinking human being into something better suited to a horror movie.

In 2041, Georgia Mason, held hostage by a team of CDC researchers, must find her way back to Shaun Mason, who is dealing with his own problems, such as zombie bears, mad scientists and rogue government agencies, before things get worse in her post-zombie, post-resurrection America.… (more)

108 wanted3 pay1 pay

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,880,064 books! | Top bar: Always visible