The Enchantress by Michael Scott

The Enchantress

by Michael Scott

Series: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (6)

440None23,687 (4.11)9

There were inconsistencies in the story that bugged me as I read them, but they really didn't matter as the book (and series) wrapped up. This was the most action-packed and emotional of the series. More books could have been written; I love the characters and want to know what they are up to. ( )
  TeenSpirit | Mar 31, 2014 |
Ik had een wat stroef begin in dit boek, waarschijnlijk doordat er zoveel tijd tussen deze en het vorige boek zat. Daarna werd het weer even goed als vanouds met alleen een ietwat... plotseling/snel einde.

Maar je krijgt vrijwel overal antwoord op, geen open einde en gewoon weer vlot geschreven.

4 a 5 sterren. ( )
  DulleNL | Oct 25, 2013 |
I actually think this was favorite in the whole series. This series actually reminded me of the Lord of the Rings. It went so slowly at first I hated the pace! But as it drove to a conclusion I couldn't 'turn the pages' or swipe my fingers across my kindle fire fast enough!!! I'm a lover of all things historical, mythological, and legend. The two things I didn't like immediately were the two things that didn't come from some historical, mythological, or legend--and that of course was the "TWINS OF LEGEND". I was repulsed by the mordern intrusion into the world of sacred myth, especially with their attitudes! But I began to temper that feeling as I got to the later books. Why? I began to realize I was being to harsh on the characters because I was actually RELISHING every single moment spent on the other characters from history, mythology, and legend! How could I possibly connect this series or any other series to Lord of the Rings? Yes it is indeed a high honor that I wouldn't even claim for one of my all time favorite series Harry Potter--But would try to make a case that this is definitely under the wings, inspirational roof, and in some way a relation to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy for many reasons. One is that the whole FEEL of the series is LIKE the Lord of the Rings Trilogy is that it could be read in ONE book! I did read the Lord of the Rings the first time in an Omnibus book!!! AND I read the first THREE books of this series like that as well. I feel this whole series could and maybe SHOULD be read like that--like I read the Lord of the Rings. It is a very good story and it is worthy of being read. I just don't think I came to appreciate the FULL story until I read the entire story, much like The Lord of the Rings again! Maybe this experience was unique to my tastes as a reader of fiction mingled in mythic tales and such. But maybe not. I'm not sure. I'm only giving you my opinion. ( )
  Danie_Jorgenson | Sep 16, 2013 |
"The Enchantress" is the sixth and final novel in "The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel" series by Michael Scott. I read all the book in the series right after my teenage son read them, and I must say I enjoyed them immensely. The gold and silver twins, Sophie and Josh Newman, wrap up their adventures in this book, going back in time to the mythical isle of Danu Talis, where they discover who their "real" parents are. Scott wraps up loose ends in this last installment, bringing together characters from various mythologies to create a worthy finale for this great series.
  ashergabbay | Jul 8, 2013 |
The end of the world as we know it could be at hand. Nicolas and Perenelle Flamel have only the energy for their auras to survive one more day and unless help comes from other immortals and the world of Danu Talis, the human world will be destroyed and taken over by monsters.

Throughout this book, the reader is naturally rooting for the good guys, but they have been changing. In the previous installments of this series we have seen the Flamels, the Newman twins, and friends like Joan of Arc and St Germain joining together to fight against the immortals that have been on the wrong side. But now we see that the bad guys understand more fully the devastation that may be at hand and so Machiavelli, Dr. Dee, Virginia Dare and others are now with the Flamels and trying to save the world.

The ending of a series is always somewhat of a letdown because the reader realizes that the characters that have become friends will no longer be there with new adventures, but the adventures that we did share were definitely worth the ride. ( )
  cyderry | May 11, 2013 |

Michael Scottprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gulik, Henny vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gulik, Henny vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ter nagedachtenis aan mijn vader
Michael Scott
Consummatum est.
Ik ben een legende

With the twins of prophecy split, Nicholas Flamel near death, and John Dee in possession of the swords of power, Danu Talis has yet to fall and the future of the human race lies in the balance.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,490,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible