Outpost by Ann Aguirre

Info:Feiwel & Friends (2012), Hardcover, 336 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:dystopia, young adult, mosters

Outpost by Ann Aguirre

Pure by Julianna Baggott (4leschats)
    4leschats: Both have female protagonist who are growing up and trying to survive in a post apocalyptic world.
    Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi (4leschats)
    4leschats: Similar teen/dystopian themes of survival and growing up. Also, Drowned Cities by P.B.

Mrs. Aguirre always delivers. I can't wait for Horde. ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
Outpost is the book after Enclave. Deuce and Fade came to the topside and Deuce was scared. In her old town they said that it was impossible to live on the topside and it rained acid. Deuce now learns that those were all lies as Deuce and Fade survive together. As Deuce and Fade are walking north trying to find a nice place they are attacked by a gang. Deuce and Fade take out the whole gang and a boy and a girl decide to join Deuce and Fade. As they are all searching an old gas station they are saved by someone with a horse cart. He takes them to his outpost were Deuce finds there are a lot of people living topside. The problem is Freaks keep attacking the outpost so all the hunter and soldiers there make a base outside there town walls to keep the freaks away. They then find out that the freaks are getting very smart by learning from the humans. The freaks built a whole village and were keeping humans in cages like pigs. They planned to domesticate them and make them fat then eat them. Deuce frees all the humans including Fade. Then all the freaks surround the towns walls. The towns people are all trapped inside. Deuce, Fade, the boy and girl that came with them all go out of the town in secret underground tunnels to try and find another town to get help from. (cliff Hanger for next book)

I love this book and gave it a 5 star. It was just as good if not better then the first one. I find it impossible to put this book down. I love dystopian books because they are always so exciting. I loved this book because of all the survival involved. I also liked it because of all the action and fighting. I will definitely be reading the next book in the Razorland Trilogy. ( )
  GavynG.B1 | Jan 11, 2015 |
This book is all about taking risks and making life worth it even though it may be hard. Plus its all right to have a softer side to yourself. Even if you think its totally unnecessary. I loved this book and I can't wait to read the next book. I loved the romance although It made me a little jealous because I will never have a boy say I will fight for you not only when its easy but all the time. The sentence just fit in to the chapter. And now a short summary of the main parts of the book:

In the first couple of chapters it goes to say that Salvation really needed help so Deuce and Fade and Stalker make a point of having the town keep a permanent guard on the crops and to help the Growers as they tend to the field. For a while it worked, but the disaster struck the guards. Two of the men were taken by the Freaks and one of them was Fade. Deuce immediately say's that she has to go and find him no matter what.

When she brings him back she thinks that everything is fine. Everything can go back to normal, or as normal as it ever was. But boy was she wrong. Fade WAS captured and saved but along the way he lost part of his soul. Fade had to watch as another solider-the other one that was captured-get clawed up and sliced up then shoved in a bag. Not to mention the fact that he was beaten many times. And now he doesn't want anything to do with Deuce. He doesn't have any idea that he is hurting her, badly.

Journey into this book as you realize that sometimes its ok to be weak. ( )
  JaFi14 | Nov 7, 2014 |
At the end of “Enclave,” Deuce, Fade, Tegan and Stalker had survived their time in the ruins, and battles with Freaks (zombie-like characters). Rescued by a passing villager on a trade run, they were taken to a small outpost called Salvation. Eager to forget her past, Tegan blended in well, while Deuce, Fade and Stalker found everyday village life constricting and dull after their time in the wilderness.

Read the rest of my review at: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/outpost-ann-aguirre/
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
I thought this book was amazing. If you like Hunger Games you will love this series. It starts with Enclave http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7137327-enclave This is the second in the series and there will be more to come. It has a great female lead, lots of action and a little steam. It is rated young adult, but can withstand adult reading for sure! ( )
  selinalynn69 | Aug 19, 2014 |
For Jenn of the eerily similar brain, and Karen of the Twitter taunting.
I woke to the cold kiss of steel on my throat.

Deuce struggles for respect in a new topside town where she is treated like a child and avoided by Fade, a situation that compels her to volunteer for patrol duty and protect topside citizens from an unexpected upsurge in Freak activity.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,884,912 books! | Top bar: Always visible