The Outcasts: Brotherband Chronicles, Book 1…

The Outcasts: Brotherband Chronicles, Book 1 (original 2011; edition 2012)

by John Flanagan

Member:pigeonlover
Title:The Outcasts: Brotherband Chronicles, Book 1
Authors:John Flanagan
Info:Puffin (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 464 pages

The Outcasts by John Flanagan (2011)

English (17)  Dutch (1)  All languages (18)
Good start to the next series. ( )
  keindi | Jan 23, 2016 |
I really enjoyed Flanagan's "The Ranger's Apprentice" series, so I was looking forward to his latest offering. When I first started "The Outcasts" I thought I was going to be disappointed as the plot was rather slow but, thankfully, once Hal and the other boys started brotherband training, the pace really picked up and I found I couldn't wait to see how the boys fared in their training exercises. With lots of action, humour, good characters, positive messages about loyalty and never giving up, and a cliff-hanger ending, this book turned out to be an entertaining read and I have just borrowed the other two books in the series. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
This is a very good book for boys, I think. There are no real surprises - I never felt like the protagonists wouldn't succeed, even if they were briefly thwarted...so for me, the suspense just wasn't there. I'll read the others - they were enjoyable, don't get me wrong - but I don't think I'll re-read them. However, kids will probably love these and I will recommend them to all the ones I know! ( )
  4hounds | Oct 4, 2015 |
This book and the series in general is great because of its plot and action. Beware though when reading this book the language used is confusing. In the beginning of the book there are some terms that are used in the book explained but that only helps a little. Overall though it is a good book. ( )
  cheshirecat00 | Oct 3, 2014 |
Not as awesome as the Rangers Apprentice, but all ready can see the bonds developing and the strengthening of each charachter. Good to have some familiar faces in the crowd with the Oberjarl and such. I love the way Flanagan can form the bonds between the charachters and make you cheer for them and want to see them make it. ( )
  LoftyIslanders | Feb 8, 2014 |

From the author of the global phenomenon Ranger's Apprentice!

They are outcasts. Hal, Stig, and the others - they are the boys the others want no part of. Skandians, as any reader of Ranger's Apprentice could tell you, are known for their size and strength. Not these boys. Yet that doesn't mean they don't have skills. And courage - which they will need every ounce of to do battle at sea against the other bands, the Wolves and the Sharks, in the ultimate race. The icy waters make for a treacherous playing field . . . especially when not everyone thinks of it as playing. John Flanagan, author of the international phenomenon Ranger's Apprentice, creates a new cast of characters to populate his world of Skandians and Araluens, a world millions of young readers around the world have come to know and admire. Full of seafaring adventures and epic battles, Book 1 of The Brotherband Chronicles is sure to thrill readers of Ranger's Apprentice while enticing a whole new generation just now discovering the books.

Perfect for fans of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, T.H. White’s The Sword in the Stone, Christopher Paolini’s Eragon series, and George R. R. Martin’s Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:07 -0400)

Skandian outcasts Hal, Stig, and others do battle at sea against the Wolves and the Sharks, in the ultimate race across icy waters where not everyone thinks of the competition as play.

107 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,479,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible