Darkhouse by Karina Halle

Authors:Karina Halle
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2011), Paperback, 323 pages
Rating:*****

Darkhouse by Karina Halle

Yep, there are some editorial issues in this book, the author addresses them on her website. However, it didn't detract from the fact that this was a suspenseful, page-turner. I'm on book #3 and not only do the edits get better, the story does too. I'm hooked, and it's rare I get hooked on a series. :) ( )
  ClarissaJohal | Apr 25, 2015 |
It took a while to really get into this book!! However, once I got halfway through I couldn't put it down!!! ( )
  Kimmykay0302 | Apr 13, 2015 |
  Kimmykay0302 | Apr 13, 2015 |
I'm a big horror fan & although I had heard this book was scary, I wasn't sure what to expect. I've discovered that a lot of readers frighten more easily than I (not a bad thing, just the way it is). I was pleasantly surprised to find that this story was pretty spooky. Character development was good and the plot moved along at a good pace. I received this for free during a promotion on Amazon, but I enjoyed it enough that I'll very likely purchase further entries is the series. I definitely recommend this is you enjoy a good ghost story. ( )
  Kelly_Mills | Dec 10, 2014 |
Perry is 22 years old and bored. She hates her job, she hates her butt. You get the picture. She is living in the shadow of her younger sister who is model tall and model thin. But when the family goes to the beach side home of her Uncle Al, she decides to investigate the lighthouse that has fascinated her since childhood. And when she does all hell breaks loose. Could she have made contact with a spirit?

This is a very fun first book in the series. Much of the time is spent introducing the characters and having the characters learn a lot about themselves. Perry seems a bit immature but I liked her anyway. She has overcome a rough time when she was a teen so I cut her some slack for improving her situation. She also has a wicked sense of humor. I liked Dex, the mysterious ghost hunter/videographer, who encourages Perry to continue her investigation of the lighthouse. The jury is still out on Perry's family. I plan to read the others in the series. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | Dec 1, 2014 |
I stood in a round, white room with only a porthole-shaped window to break up the monotony.

"There's always been something a bit off about Perry Palomino. Though she's been dealing with a quarter-life crisis and post-college syndrome like any other twentysomething, she's still not what you would call 'ordinary'. For one thing, there's her past which she likes to pretend never happened, and then there's the fact that she sees ghosts. Luckily for her, that all comes in handy when she stumbles across Dex Foray, an eccentric producer for an upcoming webcast on ghost hunters. Even though the show's budget is non-existent and Dex himself is a maddening enigma, Perry is instantly drawn into a world that both threatens her life and seduces her with a sense of importance. Her uncle's haunted lighthouse provides the perfect catalyst and backdrop for a mystery that unravels the threads of Perry's fragile sanity and causes her to fall for a man, who, like the most dangerous of ghosts, may not be all that he seems."--Back cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,888,806 books! | Top bar: Always visible