Annie McGwire and the Time Flyer by Mike…

Annie McGwire and the Time Flyer

by Mike Ziniti

I received a free book from a LT member giveaway

This book was a good young adult science fiction novel. The plot involves an accidental trip to the future using a time machine, and repercussions that result. Annie must follow her friend into the future and save the world from an evil mastermind who wants to control time travel and use it for his benefit. Nice simple terminology and a strong lead character provide a nice way to introduce young readers to the sci-fi genre. ( )
  kkunker | Apr 1, 2012 |
12 Year old Annie has to save her best friend when he accidently sends himself into the future in her uncles time machine. With help from Simon the MRVN (Man-like Robotic Vehicle Navigator) robot, Annie flits through time, trying to stop the evil president of the Chronox Corporation who has created an empire in the future to monitor time travel from harming ner new friend Simon and save Mitch from his henchmen. Cute novel, but could stand some editing. Several words missing letters and punctuation is a mess. But it wasn't a bad way to spend an afternoon in the sun. ( )
  Scoshie | Dec 12, 2011 |
I found this book to be an excellent youth science fiction book. It is a story of 12 year old Annie who finds herself having to enter a time travel machine to go and find her best friend, Mitch. Mitch finds himself lost in time after his curiosity gets the best of him while inspecting the time machine.While bounching around in time, Annie meets a robot named Simon who joins her to help find Mitch. I enjoyed being a part of Annie's adventure. I hope there will be a second book to follow this one. I would enjoy reading more books about the teens and their adventures in time. ( )
  vkhowll | Oct 22, 2011 |
Is it a little unfair rate my own book? Maybe, but I'll give it four stars to remind myself that there is always room for improvement. I have recently done a lot of editing and proofing (and fired my typist), so the version available on the Kindle is in much better shape now. If you won a review copy in the May giveaway and want an updated copy, shoot me an e-mail. I also created a new cover that looks like it took me more than five minutes in MS Paint. A print version should be available soon (self-published through CreateSpace, but that counts, right?) ( )
  mikeziniti | Aug 17, 2011 |
Annie must find Mitch and bring him home after an unexpected time travel computer failure.

***
Author Mike Ziniti tracks Annie, who is believed to be the first world time traveler, as she partners with Simon, a chronobot from the future, after her uncle is charged with friend Mitch’s disappearance.

Technology and time travel equipment set the groundwork for this teenage science fiction novel. Even though not all of the characters are fully developed, the story advances nicely until it stalls at the ending and jumps ahead in the epilogue. The reader never finds out what Mitch was up to when he disappeared and then reappeared in the future. The epilogue reveals that Anne remembers all that happened, but does not enlighten the reader as to why she agrees to make some changes that would affect the future but not others. ( )
  bemislibrary | Aug 7, 2011 |
The funny thing about time travel is that it is difficult to keep the order in which events happen straight.
"time travelers never die."

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Mike Ziniti's book Annie McGwire and the Time Flyer was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Mike Ziniti is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,464,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible