Oracle's Moon (A Novel of the Elder Races#4)…

Oracle's Moon (A Novel of the Elder Races#4) (edition 2012)

by Thea Harrison

2732062,778 (4.08)4
Member:Slion
Title:Oracle's Moon (A Novel of the Elder Races#4)
Authors:Thea Harrison
Info:Berkley (2012), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:Elder Races

Oracle's Moon by Thea Harrison

mom (275)

Such sweet tender moments as Khalil learns human children. Did not want to put it down
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Oracle's Moon
3 Stars

Not up to Harrison's standards.

The romance is boring as Grace and Khalil have zero chemistry. Moreover, neither character manages to evoke any sympathy - Grace is an annoying, woe is me type heroine while Khalil is far to alien and other worldly. Their sex scenes are just plain weird and it is completely incomprehensible that an all powerful Djinn, who has no understanding of human emotion, would be attracted to such a nondescript woman. Yes, she has powers as the Oracle but these are underdeveloped and even incoherent at times.

In terms of the writing, it is difficult to believe that this is the same author who wrote Dragon Bound. Scenes are repeated unnecessarily from Khalil and Grace's different perspectives, which only adds to their tedious and long winded ruminations. There is absolutely no plot or conflict until the last 15% of the book when things finally get interesting but it is too little, too late.

The kids are cute and the information on the Djinn and the witches is interesting (if insufficient) but this in not enough to compensate for the book's shortcomings. The next installment thankfully returns to Dragos and Pia's story but if it is anything like this then my sojourn with the Elder Races will come to an end. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Audio Review: OMG... The audiobook is amazing. I feel in love all over again with Oracle's Moon. Good god the Jinn are so otherworldly.

~ 5 Oracle’s Moon Stars ~

Oracle’s Moon is book four in the Elder Races series by [a:Thea Harrison|4443809|Thea Harrison|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1295634607p2/4443809.jpg]. This is one of my favorites next to [b:Dragon Bound|9637479|Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)|Thea Harrison|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1312822853s/9637479.jpg|14524855] in this series and I’ve already read it twice. I love it!

Oracle’s Moon picks up immediately following the conclusion to [b:Serpent's Kiss|10823507|Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3)|Thea Harrison|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1305815354s/10823507.jpg|15737277] and there are a few references from the previous book; however they are vague and enough that you don’t feel lost if you have not read the other books yet.

Khalil, a Djinn Prince who does not think to highly of humans, but is fascinated by Grace and he can’t understand why. He is one of my favorite males in this series. Little by little Graces and the kids knock down his attitude until he is teasing Grace as much as she is teasing him. His protective nature is completely sexy and after reading this book, I want more Djinn, maybe even one of my own.

Grace, is human, but also has a rear power among the witches plus the power of the Oracle. She is everything a heroine should be feisty, strong, compassionate and a survivor. After a very bad accident, gaining a Power she never wanted, and runny on very little money, she still keeps it together. You never hear her complain instead she tries to make the most of the situation.

These two have an interesting relationship and watch it grow and develop was fascinating.The sex was well written, powerful, and intense that I felt how life altering it was for these two. The children are cute and adorable with their own unique personalities which end up adding value to the story. There is also some light humor, that you will find yourself laughing at something that was said, when you never expected too.

Thea Harrison delivered a wonderful love story. There is action, danger, cameos, and romance. It has everything I like to read. And a great set-up for the next book. I highly recommend picking up this series. I hope the author will return to Khalil and Grace some day. I would love to see them again.

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
4.5 ( )
  CressK | Feb 28, 2018 |
I really enjoyed this book as my reentry in to Harrison's Elder Race's world. This is about a Djinn and an oracle. I like that a lot of her characters are not perfect. ( )
  hoosgracie | Jul 19, 2016 |

Thea Harrisonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eastlake, SophieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

When Grace Andreas's sister, Petra, and her husband are both killed, Grace inherits the power and responsibilities of the Oracle of Louisville, as well as her sister's two young children - neither of which she is prepared for. Then Khalil, Demonkind and Djinn prince of House Marid, decides to make himself a part of the household, both as guardian and counterpoint to Grace's impudence towards the Elder Races.

When tragedy strikes, Grace Andreas inherits a host of new responsibilities, none of which she is prepared for.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,755,423 books! | Top bar: Always visible