Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6)…

Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6) (edition 2011)

by Jeff Kinney

Member:FINNIAN11
Title:Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6)
Authors:Jeff Kinney
Info:Amulet Books (2011), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 224 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Hillarious

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney

English (57)  Spanish (2)  All languages (59)
6. I thought this was another great edition of the Wimpy Kid series books. I didn't think it was quite as humorous as some of the others thay I have read, but overall it was very enjoyable. I still shake my head at the actions of the main character, Greg Heffley. He can be a very selfish thinking person, but I suppose it is a realistic depiction of how a middle school aged kid thinks. In the end, he always somehow redeems himself though.
7. This book would be useful in the classroom when discussing basic story elements such as plot, characters, and theme. The story is enjoyable enough to use with any students when discussing literary elements. ( )
  jmouat | Feb 4, 2016 |
Read this on a snow day! Laugh-out-loud funny as fans have come to expect. (Baby Alfrendo! Gregory's Little Friend! Drummies! And a clueless Mom!) However the only false note for me is Greg still believing in Santa. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
The more things change, the more they stay the same. In the case of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, that actually is a good thing.

The latest entry in Jeff Kinney’s Wimpy Kid series is “Cabin Fever” and I found it to be enjoyable. I admit I didn’t laugh out loud as much as I did with the early books, but I still managed many smiles.

Greg Heffley’s adventures are still the wacky, outrageous ones you’ve read before. There are the battles with his parents, the run-ins with his big brother and new experiences with his younger brother Manny. In fact, one of the funniest moments had to do with a bad winter storm and an enterprising Manny. He is growing up!

I would recommend this book to anyone who has enjoyed the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and isn’t looking for a new twist on the story. ( )
  MrsBarbarino | Jan 24, 2016 |
This story is about a boy named Greg. In this story, It is almost Christmas and he is worried that he might be on the naughty list. He is starting to wonder if Santa was really real or not. He found out that last year, a bully in his class got detention 3 times, and he got a motorcycle for Christmas. Greg wants to get good gifts for Christmas, but it is hard to compete with his little brother Manny. Greg's mom bought Greg a doll for Christmas one year so he can get better at taking care of Manny. Greg gets attached to the doll and treats it like a baby, but one day he loses it.

Greg decides to earn money. He started getting payed to shovel snow for his neighbors, but it goes downhill when he accidentally melts all the snow with water and turns the lawns in to skating rinks. He heard about a giving tree at his church so he told it to leave money under the recycling bin behind the church. The next day, they discover that their basement was flooded from the snow melting! When Greg is cleaning the basement, he finds the doll he lost and finds out his dad hid the doll from him. Weeks later when Greg remembers about the money under the recycling bin behind the church, he discovers that in is full of snow and he couldn't find the bin. So he shovels all the snow around the church, but he couldn't find it. The next day, his face is in the news paper for shoveling snow at the church as a good deed.
  dannya.b4 | Jan 22, 2016 |
I kind of lost interest in the Wimpy Kid books after book 3 or 4...the premise seemed to be getting a little worn, and I found myself more irritated than amused by Greg's ham-handed and insensitive behavior.

However, Jeff Kinney seems to be back to form in this installment. And reading a book about the horrors of a long winter power outage during the week between Christmas and New Year's was perfect timing. The jokes seemed fresher, and while Greg is still clueless about many (well most) things, he comes off as less annoying here. I laughed out loud in a few places, especially when Greg tries to help clear snow from a neighbor's driveway with the aid of a garden hose. ( )
  rvhatha | Jan 10, 2016 |
Saturday - Most people look forward to the holidays, but the stretch between Thanksgiving and Christmas just makes me a nervous wreck. If you make a mistake in the first eleven months of the year, it's no big deal. But if you do something wrong during the holiday season, you're gonna pay for it.

Middle-schooler Greg Heffley is the prime suspect when it is discovered that school property has been damaged, but when a surprise blizzard hits and school is closed, Greg is stuck indoors with his family, unable to prove his innocence.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0143306642, 0670076392

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,264,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible