Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6)…

Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6) (edition 2011)

by Jeff Kinney

Title:Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6)
Authors:Jeff Kinney
Info:Amulet Books (2011), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 224 pages

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney

English (52)  Spanish (2)  All languages (54)
In this story, Greg Heffley is thinking about Christmas time and if Santa Claus is real or not. Christmas is getting close and Greg is anxious to be on the good list this year. He has become a little skeptical because the bully at his school received three detentions last year and still got a dirt bike. Greg is determined to make the good list and be on his best behavior for the remainder of the month, which somehow becomes harder due to his Mom's assistance. Greg's Mom gives him a creepy doll to practice taking better care of his younger brother Manny. After a few days, Greg loses the doll because it fell out on a wagon ride. Instead of telling his Mom about the doll, Greg decides to earn some extra money by shoveling snow off of his neighbors porches. The snow shoveling proved to be too much work so he decided to water the snow off but practically turned someones porch into a skating rink. Days were passing quickly, when Mom showed up with a replacement doll (the exact creepy doll as the original). Greg was not interested in babysitting a doll and gave it to Manny but not before Mom found the original lost doll in the recycling bin outside. The creepy doll and Greg were reunited at last. In the end, Greg was in the school newspaper for shoveling snow (good deeds) and was on Santa's good list.
I gave this book a rating of 3 because it not hold my attention like previous books from the author. I have read all of the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series and this particular book was not as funny nor exciting. Many of the key characters are barely mentioned or play a big part in the story. For this reason, I was very disappointed because I look forward to reading about the problems of each character. However, the story was still funny and definitely worth reading. I recommend this book to anybody who enjoys a good laugh and whose favorite series character is Greg Heffley. Overall, I am a dedicated fan of author Jeff Kinney and his "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series, therefore I cannot wait until his new book is released at the end of this year. ( )
  BradyJ.B3 | Oct 29, 2015 |
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series is overall engaging and relatable. The main message in this story is to enjoy the holidays with friends and family and to remember to give to those who are less fortunate. The characters are well-developed and believable. The main character, Greg, has a best friend, Rowley, an bully brother, Roderick, and a younger brother that is adored by their parents. The characters are relatable to any and all readers. ( )
  Tee_Barnett | Sep 16, 2015 |
The first half cracked me up several times, but it started to drag substantially in the middle, as Greg's selfish antics started to wear instead of inducing chuckles. None of these will ever compare to the power of the first one, so I wouldn't even read any more of them if it took longer than 1 hour to read. Since it only requires such a minute commitment, however, it IS worth reading. ( )
  engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |
I thought I would stop reading this series after book 5, but I'm addicted to the silliness of them. I enjoy the fact that they can be skim read and every so often there is a part of the story line that is hilarious or you can relate to. In this book the snow has set in and Greg is feeling the effects of cabin fever by being stuck inside. ( )
  rata | Jun 14, 2015 |
Personal Response: While tihs series is not my personal favorite, kids really go for it. The humor got me through reading this with my son, who laughed and laughed, mostly at the potty humor.

Curricular Connections: The best use I see for this book and the series as a whole is a study in the genre of graphic novels. Students can work toward learning how the author tells the story through both words and pictures. They could attempt a graphic novel of their own.
  LeslieRivver | Feb 26, 2015 |
Saturday - Most people look forward to the holidays, but the stretch between Thanksgiving and Christmas just makes me a nervous wreck. If you make a mistake in the first eleven months of the year, it's no big deal. But if you do something wrong during the holiday season, you're gonna pay for it.

Middle-schooler Greg Heffley is the prime suspect when it is discovered that school property has been damaged, but when a surprise blizzard hits and school is closed, Greg is stuck indoors with his family, unable to prove his innocence.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0143306642, 0670076392

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,872,491 books! | Top bar: Always visible