Maid for Love: McCarthys of Gansett Island…

Maid for Love: McCarthys of Gansett Island (Volume 1) (edition 2012)

by Marie Force

Member:AnneHudson
Title:Maid for Love: McCarthys of Gansett Island (Volume 1)
Authors:Marie Force
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 262 pages
Collections:Read, Your library (inactive)
Rating:***

Maid for Love by Marie Force

Recently added byLaurenSeiberling, Debbie97462, Susan33, javaroast, Kate.Good, fiaerfly, SofiaD, private library

Light and enjoyable, with a few laugh out loud moments,. ( )
  gogglemiss | Sep 24, 2013 |
Cute book. Nothing too deep or surprising - really it was your typical romance. The characters were a bit quick to fall but overall the story was adorable. I'll be reading the next in the series. ( )
  ThesePrettyWords | Sep 23, 2013 |
This book had been on my TBR list ever since I bought it, but reading a guest blog by Marie Force spurred me into reading it. And I am glad I did.
Once I started reading, I couldn't stop. There were so many things that I liked about it. From the small town setting to the characters. I loved the nuance picture she painted of the life in the town. From the way Maggie has to scrape together money to get by, to the McCarthy's lifestyle. I also liked the whispers and stares that arose when Mac stayed over with Maddie.
But what made the book for me was Mac and Maddie. Maddie for her scarred past and her stubborn independence. Mac for his determination to make Maddie's life better in every way he can. The attraction between them were strong from the start. I also liked that they didn't jump into bed immediately.

I also loved how Maddie's past and Mac's family caused obstacles between them, making the path rocky.

So what I didn't like. I had two issues with this novel. First, I didn't like the way that Mac tried to fix everything that had gone wrong for Maddie in the past. In the beginning it was touching, but after awhile it got annoying.
The more worrisome issue was the fact that I had trouble with feeling connections to some of the characters. I just didn't care about them. Despite it's short comings I am glad I bought it, and read it. Since I did like the main characters, and I did like the setting.
Will I buy the rest of the books? Probably, but I am not in a hurry. ( )
  Mikaela_l | Sep 21, 2013 |
This book was moments so laugh out loud funny that I actually dropped my nook several times. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a really fun romance to read. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for more by this author and definitely more from this series. ( )
  VirginiaGill | Jan 5, 2013 |
A bit too Cinderella like for me - all Maddie's happiness is dependent on Mac. A little too much to swallow even when you are reading a light romance. ( )
  AnneHudson | Jan 1, 2013 |

The McCarthys of Gansett Island: Book 1

Maddie Chester is determined to leave her hometown of Gansett Island, a place that has brought her only bad memories and ugly rumors. Then she’s knocked off her bike on the way to her housekeeping job at McCarthy’s Resort Hotel by Gansett’s “favorite son,” Mac McCarthy. He’s back in town to help his father with preparations to sell the family resort and has no intention of staying long. When Mac accidentally sends Maddie flying over the handlebars, badly injuring her, he moves in to nurse her back to health and help care for her young son. He soon realizes his plans for a hit-and-run visit to the island are in serious jeopardy, and he just may be “maid” for love.

Maddie Chester is determined to leave her hometown of Gansett Island, a place that has brought her only bad memories and ugly rumors. Then she's knocked off her bike on the way to her housekeeping job at McCarthy's Resort Hotel by Gansett's "favorite son," Mac McCarthy. He's back in town to help his father with preparations to sell the family resort and has no intention of staying long. When Mac accidentally sends Maddie flying over the handlebars, badly injuring her, he moves in to nurse her back to health and help care for her young son. He soon realizes his plans for a hit-and-run visit to the island are in serious jeopardy, and he just may be "maid" for love.… (more)

15 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,628,663 books! | Top bar: Always visible