House of Light by Mary Oliver

House of Light (edition 1992)

by Mary Oliver (Author)

Member:dreamstuff
Title:House of Light
Authors:Mary Oliver (Author)
Info:Beacon Press (1992), Edition: Later Printing, 96 pages
Tags:TBR

House of Light by Mary Oliver

What can I say about this exceptional artist? These poems are magic. ( )
  Soulmuser | May 30, 2017 |
This volume of nature poems confirmed Mary Oliver as one of my favorite contemporary poets. ( )
  leslie.98 | Feb 26, 2017 |
Mary Oliver really is a magnificent poet - her images of nature conjure up perfect visuals of whatever natural scene she's describing. I do tend to find her poetry very intellectual as opposed to emotional (Charles Bukowski; Pablo Neruda - two of my favourite poets whose work is molten with emotions). However, despite this somewhat austere element to her poetry, her collections are always a worthwhile read and HOUSE OF LIGHT is no exception. Some favourites from the book:"Spring"; "The Hermit Crab"; "The Kingfisher" and the unforgettable, amazing and brilliant "The Summer Day" (with the exquisite ending couplet that resonates so deeply no matter how many times I read it "...Tell me, what is it you plan to do/with your one wild and precious life?" ( )
  JudyCroome | Feb 24, 2017 |
Another great Mary Oliver collection. If you like poetry just read this! ( )
  m2snick | Feb 19, 2014 |
This is the first book I have read by Mary Oliver and I found this to be quite enjoyable. Her poems are nature based. She has a deep sense of her surroundings and environment. She is in tune with wildlife especially birds and the laws of nature. SHe weaves her experiences into verse using the minimum but the exact words needed. I would compare her poems in some respect to Loren Eisley who writes nature based poetry. I look forward to readingmore of her work. ( )
  realbigcat | Jan 8, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 080706811X, Paperback)

Winner of a 1991 Christopher Award

Winner of the 1991 Boston Globe Lawrence L. Winship Book Award

This collection of poems by Mary Oliver once again invites the reader to step across the threshold of ordinary life into a world of natural and spiritual luminosity.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:02 -0400)

Beacon Press

An edition of this book was published by Beacon Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,844,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible