I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen

I Want My Hat Back (2011)

by Jon Klassen

Series: My Hat (1)

English (237)  French (1)  All languages (238)
Klassen does it again. He illustrates and writes another book about animals and hats and you can't help but laugh out loud. I want my hat back is about a bear who has lost his hat and he asks everyone if they have seen his hat. No one has seen his hat until the bear realizes he has seen his hat and knows exactly who has it. One thing that was interesting to me when I was read the book was how the bear said thank you to each animal after he asked them a question. Having manners illustrated and used in the book is great and it provides an example for kids reading the book on how to properly use thank you in their lives. I would love to read this book to a group of students because even at a young age they would get the humor behind it and have fun predicting what is going to happen next. ( )
  oleger | Mar 23, 2019 |
This is a brief humorous story is about a bear who searches for his hat. The ending requires the reader to infer what happened to one of the characters. This would be a great addition to a language arts lesson that covers inferring.
  ottmichaelt | Mar 12, 2019 |
I bought this book entirely for myself. My nephews do not get to have it. It's a simple book. A bear has lost his hat. He misses his hat. He asks the other animals around if they have seen it. This book is a real picture book in that you can't really appreciate the text without the accompanying pictures. The pictures are simple, but the tiny expressive details along with the inflections in the writing fit perfectly to make an amusing story.

I haven't read the other "hat" books. I know that this is one of my nephew's favourite books. He has to get his own copy though. This one is mine. ( )
  WeeTurtle | Mar 2, 2019 |
In this story, a bear is missing his favorite hat so he goes around to various animals asking if they've seen it. None have. One of them may be lying, however. A deer walks by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear's memory and renews his search! ( )
  Jordyn.DeGuiseppi | Feb 25, 2019 |
A bear is missing his favorite hat so he goes round to various animals asking if they have seen it. None have. One of them may be lying. This was a cute and blackly-humorous read with an important lesson for children, especially ones who wear hats. However, the cover price is a bit steep for a book you can read in under a minute in the bookstore (maybe slightly longer if with child.) ( )
  chaosfox | Feb 22, 2019 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,516,224 books! | Top bar: Always visible