I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen

I Want My Hat Back (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Jon Klassen (Author)

Series: My Hat (1)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.
Member:Maille
Title:I Want My Hat Back
Authors:Jon Klassen (Author)
Info:Candlewick (2011), Edition: 1st, 40 pages
Collections:Wishlist

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

English (247)  French (1)  All languages (248)
(illustration) In this book, a bear loses his hat, and he goes around asking everyone if they have seen it. No one recalls the hat, but later on the bear realizes he saw the rabbit wearing it. He goes back to claim the hat, eating the rabbit in the process. Something I enjoyed in this book was the changing font color when different animals were talking and how the text and the animal colors correlated. I believe this is a good illustrated book to show to children because the illustrations are simple but they tell parts of the story that the text doesn’t. The bear’s hat is also red and noticable whenever it’s seen in the story, and the page’s background is red when the bear remembers where he saw the hat. This is a good book to read to children because the bear always thanks whoever he is asking and tries to be polite, even if the other characters are rude. The book also throws in some unexpected humor at the end when the bear eats the rabbit who was wearing his hat.
  briannawallace | Sep 10, 2020 |
A funny story about a bear who goes in search of his lost hat.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Sep 2, 2020 |
I love his hat! And it reminds me of [b:The Story of a Fierce Bad Rabbit|682788|The Story of a Fierce Bad Rabbit (The World of Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit)|Beatrix Potter|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1177117865s/682788.jpg|18023749] in all the best ways. ( )
  bookbrig | Aug 5, 2020 |
Darker than anticipated. I thought it was hilarious, but it may be concerning to some. ( )
  emaoping | Jun 28, 2020 |
I found the ending extreme and disturbing. ( )
  Tarawyn | Jun 26, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

My Hat (1)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,701,461 books! | Top bar: Always visible