I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen

I Want My Hat Back (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Jon Klassen

Series: My Hat (1)

Title:I Want My Hat Back
Authors:Jon Klassen
Info:Walker Childrens Paperbacks (2012), Paperback, 40 pages
Tags:revenge, dilogue

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

English (153)  French (1)  All languages (154)
This is a fantasy book. This book is about a bear that goes around and asks different animals if they have seen his hat. Each one says no so the bear is very sad. owards the end, he remembers where he saw his hat last and goes to get it back from the animal wearing it. ( )
  kfrost32 | Nov 24, 2015 |
Genre: Fantasy. This book was a little weird. It is about a bear who has lost his hat and tries to find it by asking the other animals if they have seen it. He ends up finding his hat, the rabbit had his hat. Plot twist, at the end of the book they make is seem like the bear ate the rabbit?
  Rsantoyo13 | Nov 24, 2015 |
A book about polite conversation, finding ones desires, lies and revenge. ( )
  MattMattYS | Nov 2, 2015 |
I love Jon Klassen and both of his books. I thought this book was such a great read. I enjoyed this book because of the simple illustrations, humor, and the written text. First, I think the illustrations to this book are phenomenal. They enhance the story line with such simple details. For example, when the bear realizes that he remembered seeing who took his hat, the whole page was red except for his eyes. This page made me laugh out loud because of how simply funny it was. That is another reason I love this book, the simple humor. Pages such as the one stated before or how the author puts such funny expressions on each of the characters faces with just their eyes. My favorite part was when the squirrel asked the bear if he saw a rabbit wearing a hat, the bear says "No. Why are you asking me. I haven't seen him. I haven't seen any rabbits anywhere. I would not eat a rabbit. Don't ask me any more questions." This simple humor is easy enough for children to understand but funny and suggestive so that older readers get it on a different level. Finally, I like how the author has made each of the characters a different colored text when speaking. For example, when the fox talks, the words are red. When the bears talks, the words are black. I like this because without quotes or saying, this character said... you can tell who is talking. Overall, I think the message to this book is don't take what isn't yours. ( )
  AlainaNawa | Oct 26, 2015 |
36 months - Read this this morning with my daughter. "Have You Seen My Hat?" reminded me of the Eric Carle book Have You Seen My Cat? Where the same question is repeated over and over again. I can see the humor of the story and the illustrations are simple and cute... but when I asked my daughter if she thought it was funny she said bluntly "No" and that was the end of her interest in the book. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,880,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible