I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen

I Want My Hat Back (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Jon Klassen

Series: My Hat (1)

Member:bnlmoore
Title:I Want My Hat Back
Authors:Jon Klassen
Info:Walker Childrens Paperbacks (2012), Paperback, 40 pages
Tags:revenge, dilogue

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

English (162)  French (1)  All languages (163)
Jon Klassen's I Want My Hat Back is a wonderful minimalist story about a bear who has lost his hat and asks various animals in the forest if they have seen it. Klassen's illustrations give each animal a farcical deadpan expression, as though they were performing for the reader's enjoyment rather than existing in their own world. The premise itself is simple enough for parents to read with children who are old enough not to squirm away and has a rather dark joke at the end that will leave kids wondering why their parents are laughing. ( )
  DarthDeverell | Apr 26, 2016 |
I lost my hat once. I think I must've been eight-years old or something. I was walking with my Mom, Dad, and my older brother across a zoo's bridge and the wind had kicked up and its gust took my hat away from me and carried it downwards into the water below me, where crocodiles and gators were swimming. I remember the injustice of it all. I remember being mad at the wind too. I wanted my hat back. I was determined to take my hat back from the crocodiles and gators by force but my parents wouldn't let me, no matter how comfortable of a swimmer I insisted on being. So instead, I had to mope back to my car without my hat that was probably being eaten at that very moment. Oh, the injustice of it all. If only I had had some animals I could've asked for some help along the way. Anyway, I'm thankful that this bear had some help. And I'm thankful that he got his hat back. As for me? I still want my hat back. But I loved this story. ( )
  mrs.k.rippel | Apr 21, 2016 |
cute and funny, what else else can i say? Read it, IT will take 5 minutes!! ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |
Summary: A bear lose its hat, so it went around to find the hat. It asked a fox, a frog, a rabbit, a turtle...But all of them said they never saw a hat. Finally, the bear realized the rabbit was lying. The rabbit had the hat. The bear found its hat again but the rabbit disappeared...
Genre: Fantasy. Because the animals can speak like human and animals won't wearing hat by themselves in really life.
Use: 1. In this book, the bear repeated: Have you seen my hat? and those animals answer: No. I have not... This book will be a good material to learn the sentence structure "Have you done...?" and "I have/have not...". After reading the book for students, the teacher can ask students read aloud this book by themselves.
2. Hiding game. Each student pick one small thing and put it to a desk. The teacher choose one of the things randomly, and choose one student. Teacher tell the student what the thing is and describes how it looks like. For example, a blue pencil with no eraser. The pencil is hidden by one of the rest students, and must be saw by others. The student chosen by the teacher need to go around the classroom and ask " Have you seen my pencil?" , others students answer " Yes, I have...." or "No, I have not...", until the student find the pencil.
Genre: water color ( )
  Aliceyeol | Apr 14, 2016 |
This book was funny and had a surprise ending. I loved the Chinese ink that brought the characters to life and added to the personality of the book. It was a great animal fantasy that incorporated humor and mystery.
  wcarlisle15 | Mar 15, 2016 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,250,837 books! | Top bar: Always visible