I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen

I Want My Hat Back (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Jon Klassen

Series: My Hat (1)

1,2011826,673 (4.41)27
Title:I Want My Hat Back
Authors:Jon Klassen
Info:Walker Childrens Paperbacks (2012), Paperback, 40 pages
Tags:revenge, dilogue

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

English (180)  French (1)  All languages (181)
I thought that this book was hilarious. It contains dry humor that will be enjoyable for adults and young children. The author uses color to depict different emotions, such as the page where the bear finds out where his hat is. The entire page is covered in red because the bear was mad at the bird.
  makensiecowart | Sep 26, 2016 |
The book is a very lighthearted comedy about a bear looking for his hat. I thought it was hilarious and is a good read for all ages and anyone looking for a good laugh. ( )
  MichaelCunningham | Sep 25, 2016 |
I don't think I have ever read a children's book in my adulthood that made me laugh as hard as this one did. The illustrations and dialogue are so simple, but so creative and clever. I love the inferences this book makes, especially when the bear is asked if he ate the rabbit who stole his hat. ( )
  celutz8191 | Sep 25, 2016 |
I absolutely loved this funny story of a bear who lost his hat. It was hilarious and definitely keeps the reader engaged as well as creative because some of the pages does not have any words. This lets the reader/listeners be creative and use their imagination on what is happening in the story. This is most definitely a book to read in the younger grades and will keep them laughing as well.
  MacyMoonshower | Sep 25, 2016 |
This book won the Theodor Seuss Geisel Award. I Want My Hat Back is a laugh-out-loud type of book. Teachers and students will both find this book extremely humorous and a fun book to read together. The illustrations in this book are eye-catching and humorous for the reader to observe. The illustrations and witty humor make this book a wonderful one to read together for fun.
  Jaymand | Sep 19, 2016 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,829,684 books! | Top bar: Always visible