I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen

I Want My Hat Back (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Jon Klassen

Series: My Hat (1)

1,2841946,108 (4.41)28
Member:bnlmoore
Title:I Want My Hat Back
Authors:Jon Klassen
Info:Walker Childrens Paperbacks (2012), Paperback, 40 pages
Tags:revenge, dilogue

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

English (192)  French (1)  All (193)
A bear's hat goes missing and he goes around asking all of the forest creatures if they have seen it anywhere. He asks a rabbit, who is even wearing the stolen hat, if he has seen his hat and the rabbit lies. The bear eventually realizes the rabbit did steal his hat and goes to find him. The bear ate the rabbit and got his hat back.
  Amanda001 | Mar 20, 2017 |
In this story readers are watching a bear try to find his hat. The bear asks many animals if they have seen his hat when the bear members he saw a rabbit wearing it. The bear fins the rabbit and gets his hat back. I liked this book because of the simplistic nature of it. I would recommend it for ages 5-7. ( )
  Christopher_279 | Mar 18, 2017 |
A bear and he talks about a hat that is missing and no one has seen it. He goes and tries to find it by asking others. He is very nice throughout the story until he finds his hat who stole his hat. ( )
  Miriahharrison | Feb 27, 2017 |
The big idea of this book was that the main character was looking for his/her hat. The main character asked many other animals if they had seen the hat. Then he realizes he knows where his hat is and that someone had lied to him about seeing his hat. I liked this book for 3 reasons. The first reason why I liked this book is because the writing was well organized. The author made the different dialogues in different colors to represent different characters. Also, all the words and sentences were grouped together on the page, so I did not have to look in different spots on the page to read. The second reason why I liked this book is because the plot was simple yet suspenseful. The main character was looking for his/her hat. Going to each animal asking about the hat created suspense as he got closer to finding his hat. There was even a little bit of humor when the main character asked the squirrel if he/she had seen his hat and the squirrel was actually wearing the hat and acting suspicious. The third reason why I liked this book is because the illustrations fit the writing style and plot of the story. The illustrations were simple, which matched the simple plot and simple writing/organization. ( )
  hhilse1 | Feb 10, 2017 |
This is a fantasy story about a bear who loses his hat. He goes around asking other animals (overlooking one suspicious rabbit wearing a red hat), but he can't seem to find it until...he remembers who took his hat! Klaassen uses his dry sense of humor and simple illustrations to kick off his hat trilogy.

Teaching Connections: paying close attention to the pictures, problem solving, sequencing a story ( )
  EmmaNicolazzo | Dec 15, 2016 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

217 wanted1 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,241,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible