I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen

I Want My Hat Back (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Jon Klassen

Series: My Hat (1)

Member:bnlmoore
Title:I Want My Hat Back
Authors:Jon Klassen
Info:Walker Childrens Paperbacks (2012), Paperback, 40 pages
Tags:revenge, dilogue

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

Recently added bythukpa, gchcoisne, QianqiongWang, Miss.Delia, Jim_alba, private library, NCBitters, AmeliaHerring

English (155)  French (1)  All languages (156)
I Want My Hat Back is a quick and funny read, which is easy to understand especially for little children. This story tells about a well-mannered bear on a quest to find his missing hat is told in simple language,which can help children to learn some simple language such as “have you seen...”. This charming picture book caught my eye immediately also because of the cute but concerned bear on the cover. The pictures in this book are really simple but attractive. ( )
  QianqiongWang | Jan 30, 2016 |
This book was slightly strange to me because of the ending. Not sure why bear eats rabbit because he stole his hat but it was definitely an interesting read. ( )
  tturkmen | Dec 1, 2015 |
This is a fantasy book. This book is about a bear that goes around and asks different animals if they have seen his hat. Each one says no so the bear is very sad. owards the end, he remembers where he saw his hat last and goes to get it back from the animal wearing it. ( )
  kfrost32 | Nov 24, 2015 |
Genre: Fantasy. This book was a little weird. It is about a bear who has lost his hat and tries to find it by asking the other animals if they have seen it. He ends up finding his hat, the rabbit had his hat. Plot twist, at the end of the book they make is seem like the bear ate the rabbit?
  Rsantoyo13 | Nov 24, 2015 |
A book about polite conversation, finding ones desires, lies and revenge. ( )
  MattMattYS | Nov 2, 2015 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,076,815 books! | Top bar: Always visible