I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen

I Want My Hat Back (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Jon Klassen

Series: My Hat (1)

1,0201488,327 (4.4)25
Title:I Want My Hat Back
Authors:Jon Klassen
Info:Walker Childrens Paperbacks (2012), Paperback, 40 pages
Tags:revenge, dilogue

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

English (147)  French (1)  All languages (148)
Funny book about paying attention. The moral of the story is, don't steal hats from bears if your rabbit you may get eaten. ( )
  alanbuffington | Sep 30, 2015 |
When a bear loses his hat, he sets out to find it. He goes and asks a variety of animals has seen it, until he finally remembers something important that he may have missed when talking with rabbit. A fun read about honesty and the powers of observation.
  kharper0718 | Aug 14, 2015 |
A hilarious take on the classic repetitive tale with sly, subtle illustrations, this book begs to be read aloud, complete with silly voices for each of the characters. The book’s resolution allows for students to infer what has become of the hat’s thief.
  cameroneshaw | Aug 8, 2015 |
Bear has lost his hat. He searches for it, and asks the other animals if they have seen it. No one has... except for Bear.
  tracybeggs | Aug 7, 2015 |
A great sequel to its previous book ,"I want my hat back" is great for early literacy. ( )
  RuthFinnigan | Jun 7, 2015 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,805,862 books! | Top bar: Always visible