I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud…

I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Jon Klassen, Jon Klassen (Illustrator)

Series: My Hat (1)

742None12,489 (4.4)16
Member:dustygail
Title:I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books)
Authors:Jon Klassen
Other authors:Jon Klassen (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick Press (2011), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

2012 (6) 2013 (5) animals (51) award winner (6) bear (15) bears (52) children (14) children's (27) children's book (6) children's books (6) children's literature (10) fantasy (8) fiction (27) forest animals (5) funny (9) hat (19) hats (33) honesty (12) humor (49) lost (5) lost and found (7) lying (9) picture book (123) rabbits (23) read (7) read aloud (5) revenge (6) stealing (15) theft (6) to-read (5)

Bookstore Assignment
  Talwold | Apr 15, 2014 |
A ver simple text with a fun story of a bear whose hat was stolen. He goes searching, only to pass it by. When he catches up with it, he has a secret of his own.
  BrandiMichelle | Apr 3, 2014 |
The bear's favorite hat has gone missing. He goes to each animal one by one and asking them if they have seen it. A deer asked him a simple question and sparks his memory on where his hat might be.
  alishablaire | Mar 18, 2014 |
The illustrations for this are interesting and unique. The interactions between the animal characters is humorous, polite and dynamic. ( )
  LibbyHopfauf | Mar 18, 2014 |
This is a great story about one instance of cause and effect through lying and stealing.Told in the third person, the dramatic search for the hat and the lies of the rabbit who is wearing it is a sure attention grabber. Also ends quite surprisingly and dramatically. I would put it in my classroom. ( )
  jordan70 | Mar 17, 2014 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:02 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,506,878 books! | Top bar: Always visible