I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud…

I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Jon Klassen, Jon Klassen (Illustrator)

Series: My Hat (1)

Member:dustygail
Title:I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books)
Authors:Jon Klassen
Other authors:Jon Klassen (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick Press (2011), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

I laughed out loud several times as I read this book. It is simply a delight. ( )
  EliseMT | Mar 23, 2015 |
A bear has lost his hat and he wants it back.

I adore this book. It's lovely to see such wonderful use of illustrations as part of the story: the narrative just simply isn't complete unless the reader experiences both the words and the pictures. So many children's books have wonderful illustration of a story it's truly fantastic to find such an intriguing book where the illustrations really are the story. It also has a special place in my library as the first book I read my younger nephew (over skype shortly after it was published) and one of the first books he ever asked for by name. I will continue to enjoy reading "Hat Back" to him as long as he continues to ask for it to be read.

etborg | Mar 21, 2015 |
This is another humorous story that most children would enjoy. Using minimal words Jon Klassen depicts much of his story through his illustrations. Although he doesn't use a lot of colors in his illustrations he makes use of color in his design for the text. This is a wonderful story depicting the power of illustrations in picture books.
  MindyTran | Mar 19, 2015 |
This book is very repetitive, and goes with a pattern. The bear is trying to find his hat. He looks for it by asking different animals where it is, and the rabbit claims he does not have it, but it is right on his head. The bear doesn't notice until he goes away. Then he goes back and takes his hat back from the rabbit, and then claims he doesn't know where the rabbit went.. This book is fantasy, because the animals can talk. ( )
  NatalieCJones | Mar 16, 2015 |
This fun tale tells a story of a bear who lost his hat. as he goes around asking the animals where it is, a deer helps him remember. THis book would be good to read at the end of the day with the whole class.
  harleybrenton | Mar 12, 2015 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:02 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,162,064 books! | Top bar: Always visible