I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud…

I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Jon Klassen, Jon Klassen (Illustrator)

Series: My Hat (1)

Member:dustygail
Title:I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books)
Authors:Jon Klassen
Other authors:Jon Klassen (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick Press (2011), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

Interesting picture book. I have mixed emotions about it. I liked that the book surprised me, but I didn't like that the bear lied and was revengeful at the end. ( )
  rachelmuegge | Jul 23, 2014 |
  lulaa | Jul 4, 2014 |
I actually read these books backwards - I read This Is Not My Hat first and then loving that one, read I Want My Hat Back. Both have simple yet eye catching illustrations. And I love the rabbit wearing the hat being like, "No. Why are you asking me?" However, this one was a little less obviously violent at the end and gave the whole book a much darker, less playful feel. I definitely prefer This Is Not My Hat. ( )
  mccooln | Jun 8, 2014 |
I would not likely use this book in my classroom because of the lack of detail in the pictures. I did not think this was a very exciting or good visual picture book. I do think the concept of the book is good, the concept is taking something from another person is not a good quality. The bear is sad he lost his hat and goes searching for the hat, the pictures are really good at showing the emotion of the characters. ( )
  AliciaFine | Jun 3, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book. I think its a good read for all ages. It is cleaver and entertaining. The book is about a bear who is searching for his hat. He asks many animals if they have seen it and gets the same answer, "no" over and over. He hears the same response and misses the obvious, his red hat is right in front of him. ( )
  azlanshae | Jun 2, 2014 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:02 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,652,817 books! | Top bar: Always visible