I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud…

I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Jon Klassen, Jon Klassen (Illustrator)

Series: My Hat (1)

Member:dustygail
Title:I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books)
Authors:Jon Klassen
Other authors:Jon Klassen (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick Press (2011), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

English (187)  French (1)  All (188)
I enjoyed the illustrations in this book but found the story lacking a little. I don't think the lesson was very good in the end. A bear lost his hat, he searches for the hat, finds a rabbit who is wearing his hat and accuses them of stealing it. Then he eats the rabbit. I know it's supposed to be lighter that that, I'm sure the kids get a kick out of when the rabbit appears with the hat, but I like stories with a lesson to learn from them, instead of two wrongs making a right. ( )
  nicholekoch | Dec 2, 2016 |
This is a story about a bear who lost his hat, he ask all of his friends if they know where his hat is, but they all say no, even the rabbit, that did steal the hat. This is such an awesome book to have students predict, and not only that, but it can also be used to discuss what it means to steal and lie. ( )
  danimeineke | Nov 24, 2016 |
a bear is looking for his hat, he asks different animals if they have seen his hat. he realizes that he has seen his hat and he got it back.
5 books
  TUCC | Nov 18, 2016 |
The bear's hat is gone and he wants it back. Patiently and politely he asks the animals he comes across whether they have seen it. ( )
  Olivia.Morris | Nov 9, 2016 |
This book is about an animal who is asking all of his friends if they have seen his hat. They of course all say no, including the rabbit who is indeed the one who took the hat. I like the story because it is humorous and allows the students to laugh and predict as well. ( )
  maddisonsitz | Nov 9, 2016 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

217 wanted1 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,834,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible