I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud…

I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Jon Klassen, Jon Klassen (Illustrator)

Series: My Hat (1)

Member:dustygail
Title:I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books)
Authors:Jon Klassen
Other authors:Jon Klassen (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick Press (2011), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

I thoroughly enjoyed this modern fantasy. This book was refreshing, because the author wrote the book and illustrated it as well. The premise of this book is about a bear that realizes that he has lost his hat. He goes from every animal in the forrest in hopes of finding his hat. He stumbles upon a rabbit rearing a pointy hat. The bear asks the rabbit if the rabbit has seen his hat. The rabbit lies to the bear. Once the bear realized that he had beeb tricked, the bear ate the rabbit.
  magen.rauscher | Feb 28, 2015 |
It was fun to read. It had a twist at the end. ( )
  iceT | Feb 25, 2015 |
At first glance, this is merely a very simple book with wonderful illustrations but its subtleness is captivating. The protagonist's politeness comes across as very deadpan and funny, reinforced by the stillness of the illustrations.
It teaches children, in a humorous way, that people don't always tell the truth and can be dishonest. It tells them to listen to people with all their senses but not to leap to conclusions either. ( )
  crunchymunchkin | Feb 25, 2015 |
In this modern fantasy, a bear lost his pointy red hat. He is very politely going around the forest asking if anyone has seen his hat. Then he asks the rabbit if he had seen the hat, and the rabbit got super defensive and denied it. He very politely said okay, and kept looking. After being discouraged for not being able to find it, he realized that he had seen the hat! It was on rabbits head! He went and confronted rabbit, and may or may not have eaten him. ( )
  BethWal94 | Feb 16, 2015 |
This book is humorous and I liked it a lot. The theme might be about keeping secrets. The illustrations are really cute and I can just picture myself reading this book aloud to my own future child or a classroom of young children. It's a very fun read aloud picture book.
  ulindsay | Feb 12, 2015 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:02 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,764,048 books! | Top bar: Always visible