I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud…

I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Jon Klassen, Jon Klassen (Illustrator)

Series: My Hat (1)

1,3011996,015 (4.42)28
Member:dustygail
Title:I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books)
Authors:Jon Klassen
Other authors:Jon Klassen (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick Press (2011), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

English (197)  French (1)  All (198)
A bear in search of his hat forgets one very important detail as he searches all through this book written by Jon Klassen. This book has humorous illustrations to go with the cute and fun story. Children of younger ages will love this and even the older age elementary kids may get a kick out of it. ( )
  AshlynWilliams | Apr 25, 2017 |
Summary- Story of a bear who lost his hat. He goes searching for it and questions many animals. Until he remembers seeing who took his hat. Then he goes and finds the person who took it and to get it back.

Critique of Genre- Fantasy, talking animals.

Age- All Ages, 1st- 4th grade.

Media-Chinese Ink ( )
  DRhodes02 | Apr 19, 2017 |
This book is simply brilliant. Its simplicity in word usage as well as simple illustrations does not take away from the sheer brilliance that this book portrays. The book appealed to my inner comedian with a cute tale of a bear just asking for closure on the whereabouts of his beloved hat. A good read for all ages. ( )
  lpittman | Apr 17, 2017 |
Genre: Fantasy
Review: This book is about a bear who lost his hat and looks for it by asking many other animals if they have seen the hat. He asks the rabbit, who has his hat, but does not realize it and moves on. Later, the bear remembers that the rabbit had the hat and gets it back. I enjoyed this book because it is simple and a little strange, but I think it is funny and is a great attention-grabber. I would like to have this book in my classroom for students to read.
Uses: This book could be used as a mentor text for making predictions or inferences, using graphic features, or it could just be read for fun. However, I think it would make a good mentor text.
Media: Digital ( )
  jbohall14 | Apr 3, 2017 |
This book is about a bear who lost his hat. He was determined that he was going to find his hat so he set out on a search. He asked all the forest animals if they had seen his hat anywhere. He even asked the rabbit that had his hat on his head but did not realize it at the time. After a while the bear remembers seeing his hat and he traced it back to the rabbit. He then gets the hat back from the rabbit. This is a very good book for young children. It is something that will keep them engaged and wondering where the hat went. ( )
  a.newsom | Apr 1, 2017 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

217 wanted1 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,846,933 books! | Top bar: Always visible