I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud…

I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Jon Klassen, Jon Klassen (Illustrator)

Series: My Hat (1)

Member:dustygail
Title:I Want My Hat Back (E. B. White Read-Aloud Award. Picture Books)
Authors:Jon Klassen
Other authors:Jon Klassen (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick Press (2011), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (2011)

English (176)  French (1)  All languages (177)
This book won the Theodor Seuss Geisel Award. I Want My Hat Back is a laugh-out-loud type of book. Teachers and students will both find this book extremely humorous and a fun book to read together. The illustrations in this book are eye-catching and humorous for the reader to observe. The illustrations and witty humor make this book a wonderful one to read together for fun.
  Jaymand | Sep 19, 2016 |
I Want My Hat Back is a book that is written in a very matter-of-fact manner. This book has a lot of dry humor, however, some of this may be difficult for students in the lower grades, and even some in the upper grades to understand. I would not recommend this book for the primary grades. ( )
  KatieDinsmore | Sep 19, 2016 |
This book is laugh-out-loud funny and would be a great, easy brain break for children. The illustrations and dry wit written into the story add to the overall experience, and it would be a fantastic read aloud for older students who could pick up on the sarcastic humor in this story.
  cgjohn3570 | Sep 19, 2016 |
This book is a humorous, picture book that requires the reader to pay attention to the illustrations of the book. This book has wonderful illustrations that engage the reader, and the color of the text helps the reader to understand which character is speaking during each part of the book. The book is very intriguing and people (of all ages) are likely to enjoy the small humor in the book. ( )
  AshleyJarrard | Sep 19, 2016 |
I would give this book more than five stars if I could. This book goes through the sequence of a bear looking for his hat. He goes from animal to animal asking them if they have seen his hat. They all keep saying no, but suddenly, he realizes he has seen the hat! The bear realizes that he saw the hat on the Rabbit. He goes all the way back and tells the Rabbit that he stole his hat and takes it back. He also eats the rabbit. Then people start asking him if he has seen the rabbit and he gets defensive. This book is laugh out loud funny! ( )
  Madima6781 | Sep 19, 2016 |
For Will and Justin
My hat is gone. I want it back.

A picture-book delight by a rising talent tells a cumulative tale with a mischievous twist.

The bear s hat is gone, and he wants it back. Patiently and politely, he asks the animals he comes across, one by one, whether they have seen it. Each animal says no, some more elaborately than others. But just as the bear begins to despond, a deer comes by and asks a simple question that sparks the bear s memory and renews his search with a vengeance. Told completely in dialogue, this delicious take on the classic repetitive tale plays out in sly illustrations laced with visual humor and winks at the reader with a wry irreverence that will have kids of all ages thrilled to be in on the joke.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:37 -0400)

A bear almost gives up his search for his missing hat until he remembers something important.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,109,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible