Courtship and Curses by Marissa Doyle

Courtship and Curses (edition 2012)

by Marissa Doyle

Member:rach2340
Title:Courtship and Curses
Authors:Marissa Doyle
Info:Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 352 pages
Rating:***

Courtship and Curses by Marissa Doyle

Sophie is a young witch, forced to figure out why her magic stopped when her mother and sister died. She is left with a shriveled foot and walks with a cane. In 1815, with such an infirmity, it is assumed she can have no place in London society except for someone who will always sit on the sidelines, and can only expect to have second best choice when it comes to eligible men.

Read the rest of my review at: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/courtship-curses-marissa-doyl... ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
I wish there were more books in this series, I love the combination of Regency and magic, with a good dose of humor throughout. ( )
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |

Marissa Doyleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ward, AprilDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ward, AprilCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Aunt Isabel was, as usual, exasperated.

In 1815, Lady Sophie Rosier's first London season is marred not only by her physical and emotional scars, but also by magical attacks on her father and other members of the British War Cabinet, and while Sophie's magical powers are unreliable, she and her new best friend Parthenope decide to investigate--despite the distraction of Parthenope's handsome cousin.… (more)

Marissa Doyle is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,335,143 books! | Top bar: Always visible