When I Dream by Robin Landry

by Robin Landry

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added byMadMooseMama

No tags.

When I Dream is children's book of illustrated poems.

A paperback book of 88 pages and beautifully illustrated by Christine Bennett.

There is a picture relating to each poem located at the front of each telling, stories such as, 'Little Red Rappin' Hood', which has great rhythm, 'Light', which explains the process of light, 'The Planets in our Solar System', which breaks down all the planets, as well as, poems on turtles, sking, the Earth and so much more.

I found some of the poems to have great flow, while others were lacking and stiff. They had interesting scientific or historical facts included in each poetry segment that is sure to entertain and educate. Like the poem on Atlantis, which I was impressed to find they incorporated all that is known into a very nice literary work.

I read this to my son and about half way through he grew bored, he only really perked up on the poem's that had the perfect rhyming pitch, and continued reading on my own. However, he did ask many questions about the planets and the sun and offered some of his own viewpoints. The book does get your children to think and that is always a good thing. We also wished to have had more of the beautiful illustrations in the book, my son thought they could've put little pictures along each edge of the poem to keep you looking at the pages. Coming from a 6 year old, I have to admit that was a very good idea. We believe that you and your young folks will find something of use in the book and we're sure you will find pleasure inside of its pages. ( )
  MadMooseMama | Jun 1, 2011 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,493,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible