Gravity by Abigail Boyd

Gravity (2011)

by Abigail Boyd

Series: Gravity (1)

1915061,769 (3.86)None

I have always enjoyed all things paranormal and found this book to be quite the page-turner. I felt that the main character, Ariel, was likeable and relate-able; in fact, I could see much of myself in her character. I felt that there was a nice flow to the story and the writing itself, which allowed for the suspense and reader's curiosity to build. My only criticism is that I wish that some of the mysteries presented in the book were more settled in the end, but since it is a part of a series, I look forward to what the next book brings. ( )
  jonxangela | Mar 1, 2016 |
  jonxangela | Mar 1, 2016 |
Ariel Donovan comes from a "normal" family. The only strangeness is that she calls her mother and father by their first names. The night of her 15th birthday, she has an argument with her best friend Jenna, and Jenna walks out of her life never to be seen again.

Jenna feels strange as she enters her sophomore year at school. She really doesn't have any friends since Jenna's gone, until she meets Henry Rhodes. They seem to click. Ariel also makes friends with another teen who is alone, Theo, a goth type girl. What Ariel doesn't tell anyone is that she sees ghosts of the girls that have disappeared. Why is she seeing these ghosts? What are they trying to tell her? Will Ariel ever find out what happened to Jenna?

The story starts out slowly but builds until you can't put it down. Abigail Boyd has done herself proud with writing a book you can't put down and with just enough scariness to keep you reading more. ( )
  Cricket2014 | Feb 21, 2016 |
Really liked this book. It kept me interested trying to find out what was going to happen. Left me wanting more! ( )
  sfewell13 | Dec 20, 2013 |
It is a mystery upon a mystery ... What a great book . i definately recommend this book to read. ( )
  chymekeeper | Aug 21, 2013 |
Fifteen candles set the top of the cake on fire.

When Ariel Donovan's best friend goes missing, she sets out to determine why. Things get complicated when Henry Rhodes arrives in town, distracting her. She tries to enlist his help to discover what the small town of Hell is hiding.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Abigail Boyd's book Gravity was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Abigail Boyd is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,464,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible