Femtio nyanser av honom by E. L. James

Femtio nyanser av honom (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E. L. James, Jimmy Hofsö

Other authors:Jimmy Hofsö
Info:Stockholm : Norstedt, 2012
Rating:***
Tags:Fiction, Erotic, Chick lit

Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (2011)

The Story of O by Pauline Réage (GYKM)
    Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire (amz310783)
    amz310783: Beautiful Disaster reminded me of Fifty Shades, except loads better (I think this is how Fifty Shades should have been written.)
    The Harem by Thomas Sweeney (Emma-Reads)
    Nine and a Half Weeks: A Memoir of a Love Affair by Elizabeth McNeill (dara85, Aleana)
    Bad Behavior by Mary Gaitskill (sanddancer)
    sanddancer: A more grown-up take on female sexuality
    Panic Snap: A Novel by Laura Reese (Anonymous user, Anonymous user, Anonymous user)
    The Gift of Shame (Black Lace) by Sophie Hope-Walker (marcejewels)
    Topping From Below by Laura Reese (Anonymous user, Anonymous user)
    Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Read the whole series, steaming sex and romance. This one with a little BDSM
    Twenty Tones of Red by Pauline Montford (PaulineMontford)
    PaulineMontford: Twenty Tones is a 'progression' from this series. It is more intense and the heroine actually wants...even craves...domination. This adds a new twist to her erotic adventures.

English (469)  Spanish (12)  German (5)  Catalan (4)  French (4)  Dutch (3)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  All languages (500)
Juvenile drivel. Can't believe a middle-aged woman wrote this. Cinderella with BDSM. How many times does Ana blush and look at him from underneath her lashes? If millions of women loved this book, we men are in trouble. Utter crap, but E.L. James and her publishers are laughing all the way to the bank. But she makes a point - if you're going to write garbage, put it in first person present tense narrative. ( )
  BBcummings | Dec 24, 2014 |
It's twilight fic, so it was never going to be great. I'm not really sure how to even rate this, as the writer is a novice and it's badly in need of editing and someone to write real dialog.
  echoindarkness | Dec 17, 2014 |
*Sigh* I knew it was going to be bad, I even read an excerpt and it confirmed what I already suspected but my damn morbid curiosity got the better of me. Also I wanted to avoid the "well you can't say anything bad about it because you haven't read it" bullshit, as if the one page of garbage wasn't proof enough. So without further ado..

What in the actual fuck?!

I seriously cannot wrap my head around why this piece of tripe is so popular. The writing is terrible, the editing is terrible and the oh so hot (sarcasm if you can't tell) sex scenes are- guess what- TERRIBLE. Someone please explain to me how someone going oh jeez, oh jeez every two seconds during sex is hot? And what 20 something year old refers to her vagina as "down there"? I seriously expect her to giggle after she says that. In closing, this garbage fan fiction deserves zero stars.

Oh and if you're one of the 50 shades cultists coming to attack me for having a different opinion, you can go on ahead and fuck right off & we'll have to agree to disagree, you're entitled to your opinion and i'm entitled to mine. ( )
  reigningstars | Dec 4, 2014 |
Received this book as a birthday gift as I kept hearing good reviews. Also, I wanted to read the book before the movies come out since most often the book is more enjoyable then the movie. Sadly, I am very disappointed. To me, Ana reminds me of an older version of Bella (Twilight). I did enjoy some of the Freaky Sex parts but after a while the book becomes too overwhelming. I had a hard time believing Ana's character and by the end of the book, I'm like "Really". ( )
  momei | Dec 1, 2014 |
I read this because I was wondering what all the buzz was about. Still wondering ... ( )
  CathrynGrant | Nov 21, 2014 |
For Niall,
the master of my universe
I scowl with frustration at myself in the mirror.
Du. Gehörst. Mir.
Why didn't you tell me there was danger? Why didn't you warn me?
Ladies know what to guard against, because they read novels that tell them of these tricks…
*RU OK Ana*
*Where RU Ana*
*Damn it Ana*
*Are you home safe?*
*Call me*
"I agree to the conditions, Angel; because you know best what my punishment ought to be; only-only-don't make it more than I can bear!"

When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind - until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time.

The unworldly, innocent Ana is shocked to realize she wants this man, and when he warns her to keep her distance it only makes her more desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her too - but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey's singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success – his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving adoptive family – Grey is man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a passionate, physical and daring affair, Ana learns more about her own dark desires, as well as the Christian Grey hidden away from public scrutiny.

Can their relationship transcend physical passion? Will Ana find it in herself to submit to the self-indulgent Master? And if she does, will she still love what she finds?

From website- http://www.eljamesauthor.com/home

When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind -- until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time.… (more)

The Writer's Coffee Shop

2 editions of this book were published by The Writer's Coffee Shop.

Editions: 1612130283, 1612130291

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,472,022 books! | Top bar: Always visible