Shades of Grey 1/Geheimes Verlangen (German…

Shades of Grey 1/Geheimes Verlangen (German Edition) (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E. L. James

4,483None1,082 (2.97)5 / 250
Member:Ridcully
Title:Shades of Grey 1/Geheimes Verlangen (German Edition)
Authors:E. L. James
Info:Verlagsgruppe Random House GmbH (2012), Paperback
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:1/2
Tags:Roman

Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (2011)

2012 (98) 2013 (21) adult (28) bdsm (103) bondage (22) chick lit (19) contemporary (31) contemporary romance (21) E L James (14) ebook (71) erotic (54) erotic fiction (14) erotic romance (19) erotica (200) Erotik (18) fiction (263) Kindle (83) love (30) novel (24) own (14) paperback (12) read (47) read in 2012 (83) romance (201) sadomasochism (21) Seattle (20) series (38) sex (67) to-read (58) trilogy (19)
    The Story of O by Pauline Réage (GYKM)
    Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire (amz310783)
    amz310783: Beautiful Disaster reminded me of Fifty Shades, except loads better (I think this is how Fifty Shades should have been written.)
    Nine and a Half Weeks: A Memoir of a Love Affair by Elizabeth McNeill (dara85, Aleana)
    The Gift of Shame (Black Lace) by Sophie Hope-Walker (marcejewels)
    Bad Behavior by Mary Gaitskill (sanddancer)
    sanddancer: A more grown-up take on female sexuality
    Panic Snap: A Novel by Laura Reese (Anonymous user, Anonymous user, Anonymous user)
    Topping From Below by Laura Reese (Anonymous user, Anonymous user)
    Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Read the whole series, steaming sex and romance. This one with a little BDSM
    Twenty Tones of Red by Pauline Montford (PaulineMontford)
    PaulineMontford: Twenty Tones is a 'progression' from this series. It is more intense and the heroine actually wants...even craves...domination. This adds a new twist to her erotic adventures.

English (420)  Spanish (12)  German (5)  Catalan (4)  French (4)  Dutch (3)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  All languages (451)
Perfect guilty-pleasure reading. So much fun, so silly. Love it! ( )
  thereaderscommute | Apr 13, 2014 |
Perfect guilty-pleasure reading. So much fun, so silly. Love it! ( )
  thereaderscommute | Apr 13, 2014 |
I know. I was shocked too...

I don't think I can give a proper review until I finish the next book in the series. But I definitely recommend this book; however, you MUST proceed with caution. It is certainly not your run of the mill romance, and it is not for the faint of heart (that goes for the sexual content as well as the past mental/emotional/physical trauma).

I will add more later :) ( )
  Kanic | Apr 9, 2014 |
After all the hype I was expecting something... more. Even the sexy parts were not all that great. I skipped over most of them. ( )
  anitahavel | Apr 1, 2014 |
As with Twilight, as much as people majorly detest this book, it opened the door for a lot of other books.

In some respects, because it was so popular, it made it socially acceptable to read erotic fiction (etcetera) and therefore people openly admitted their passion for these sorts of books.

OK, it wasn't well written, but, in my opinion, it wasn't too tortuous to read. That is if you don't count frequent eye-rolling as tortuous... ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
For Niall,
the master of my universe
I scowl with frustration at myself in the mirror.
Du. Gehörst. Mir.

When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind - until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time.

The unworldly, innocent Ana is shocked to realize she wants this man, and when he warns her to keep her distance it only makes her more desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her too - but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey's singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success – his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving adoptive family – Grey is man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a passionate, physical and daring affair, Ana learns more about her own dark desires, as well as the Christian Grey hidden away from public scrutiny.

Can their relationship transcend physical passion? Will Ana find it in herself to submit to the self-indulgent Master? And if she does, will she still love what she finds?

From website- http://www.eljamesauthor.com/home

When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind -- until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time.… (more)

The Writer's Coffee Shop

Two editions of this book were published by The Writer's Coffee Shop.

Editions: 1612130283, 1612130291

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,475,545 books! | Top bar: Always visible