Shades of Grey 1/Geheimes Verlangen (German…

Shades of Grey 1/Geheimes Verlangen (German Edition) (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E. L. James

5,364528817 (2.98)5 / 289
Member:Ridcully
Title:Shades of Grey 1/Geheimes Verlangen (German Edition)
Authors:E. L. James
Info:Verlagsgruppe Random House GmbH (2012), Paperback
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:1/2
Tags:Roman

Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (2011)

The Story of O by Pauline Réage (GYKM)
    Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire (amz310783)
    amz310783: Beautiful Disaster reminded me of Fifty Shades, except loads better (I think this is how Fifty Shades should have been written.)
    The Harem by Thomas Sweeney (Emma-Reads)
    Nine and a Half Weeks: A Memoir of a Love Affair by Elizabeth McNeill (dara85, Aleana)
    Bad Behavior by Mary Gaitskill (sanddancer)
    sanddancer: A more grown-up take on female sexuality
    Panic Snap: A Novel by Laura Reese (Anonymous user, Anonymous user, Anonymous user)
    The Gift of Shame (Black Lace) by Sophie Hope-Walker (marcejewels)
    Topping From Below by Laura Reese (Anonymous user, Anonymous user)
    Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Read the whole series, steaming sex and romance. This one with a little BDSM
    Twenty Tones of Red by Pauline Montford (PaulineMontford)
    PaulineMontford: Twenty Tones is a 'progression' from this series. It is more intense and the heroine actually wants...even craves...domination. This adds a new twist to her erotic adventures.

English (496)  Spanish (13)  German (5)  Catalan (4)  French (4)  Dutch (3)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  All languages (528)
wow finally I was able to finish it, this was definitely one of the hardest books ever: awful writing, absurd story, so predictable.... Doesn't deserve even the star that I'm scoring, goodreads seriously need negative scores for shit like this.
  zkazy | Apr 24, 2015 |
Sexy and very amusing read, which I devoured in a heartbeat. That said, the plot was intriguing enough at the beginning, but pretty much went downhill from there. I was done with the book before I realized that nothing actually happened. The story did not go anywhere, and it was obvious from the start how it was going to end. That, however, did not subtract from the enjoyment of the book and the process of reading, because the language is simple enough, contemporary, and probably every woman/man could relate to Ana/Christian at one time or the other. I get that the book is supposed to be all hot and steamy, but to be honest, I felt more prone to moments where Ana and Christian's relationship was completely ordinary. Another thing I really like is that it is never said that Christian loves Ana, but his words and actions make it (painfully) obvious. ( )
  v_allery | Apr 19, 2015 |
Hmmmm..... I'm not sure if I can adequately express my thoughts about this book in a clear and concise way but here is a try.

The first half of this book was borderline AWFUL. Ana's dreadful over thinking and excessive repetitiveness had me ready to put the book down, run away and never look back. Christian did not help at all with his blah control freak personality. It took me a week to sludge through it and it was a personal battle and triumph to make it through.

However things did take a turn and thank goodness for Mac laptops cause without the introduction of email into C and A's relationship I'd have never made it to the end. Even now as I think back to their emails I get a little smile on my face. Christian proves to be flirty and fun and Ana can just talk (well type) with out all the stuttering, stumbling, heart racing and whatever else ALWAYS happens when talking to Christian.

I won't rehash all the Twilight comparisons I saw (I've killed those in text messages to my sister). I will agree that the writing style was very juvenile and certainly this story could have benefited from and editor (really the repetitiveness was dreary). I am thankful I was reading this on my Kindle as I had to look up quite a few words, this author likes her vocabulary. This also ended with a cliff hanger so I suppose I'll be reading part 2 however it won't be soon. I need to come down off all the angst.

For those who are leery I'd recommend skimming until you see emails then sit back and enjoy. 3 Stars

This still came off as rambling so I'll likely revise when I can put my words in a semblance of order. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Horrible. The book does have a very interesting detail: Mr. Grey's past, and it was what keeps me to read this book to the final end. However I must say, this is one of the worst book I've ever read. It sounds exactly like teen girls' sexual fantasy, maybe even worst. A Mary Sue heroine and a 27 years old billionaire. Not millionaire, billionaire, in case you didn't quite catch that. They literally do nothing but have sex, email each other, and more sex. At first it seemed fine, but as I went on, I was extremely annoyed by the fact the Ana orgasms like, 7 times/page. Also, if I had a penny every time she blushes / flushes / bites her lip / Christian's long index finger / "Jeez" / "Holy ----" - I'd be very rich.

Please do not waste your money on this. ( )
  yamayukkikun | Apr 16, 2015 |
Finally caved and read this book and I LOVED IT!! It seems like a lot of people who rated this book gave 1 star just because of the writing style. Once you really get into the whole story line you don't pay attention to the style of writing at all (or at least I didn't). I'm a huge fan fiction reader so that could be another reason as to why I enjoyed Fifty Shades of Grey. Can't wait to see if Ana can help Christian through his fifty shades of fucked up!! ( )
  Kimmykay0302 | Apr 13, 2015 |
“Fifty Shades of Grey” is being released in time for Valentine’s Day. That’s a bold move, since the film is not just unromantic but specifically anti-romantic; take your valentine along, by all means, but, be warned, it’ll be like watching “Rosemary’s Baby” at Christmas

For Niall,
the master of my universe
I scowl with frustration at myself in the mirror.
Du. Gehörst. Mir.
Why didn't you tell me there was danger? Why didn't you warn me?
Ladies know what to guard against, because they read novels that tell them of these tricks…
*RU OK Ana*
*Where RU Ana*
*Damn it Ana*
*Are you home safe?*
*Call me*
"I agree to the conditions, Angel; because you know best what my punishment ought to be; only-only-don't make it more than I can bear!"

When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind - until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time.

The unworldly, innocent Ana is shocked to realize she wants this man, and when he warns her to keep her distance it only makes her more desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her too - but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey's singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success – his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving adoptive family – Grey is man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a passionate, physical and daring affair, Ana learns more about her own dark desires, as well as the Christian Grey hidden away from public scrutiny.

Can their relationship transcend physical passion? Will Ana find it in herself to submit to the self-indulgent Master? And if she does, will she still love what she finds?

From website- http://www.eljamesauthor.com/home

When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind -- until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time.… (more)

The Writer's Coffee Shop

2 editions of this book were published by The Writer's Coffee Shop.

Editions: 1612130283, 1612130291

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,721,915 books! | Top bar: Always visible