Academic Skills Problems: Direct Assessment…

Academic Skills Problems: Direct Assessment and Intervention, Third…

by Edward S. Shapiro Phd

I have really mixed feelings about this book. While I feel that it had several useful parts, I dislike its purpose in my Psychological Testing class for the following reasons:
1. It was written for elementary school PSYCHOLOGISTS. That will not be me. But, my professor IS an elem. school psych, so she LOVES this book. I don't plan to work at the elementary level, NOR be a psychologist.

2. This book might also be helpful for elementary school TEACHERS. Once again, I do not fit either category.

3. The repetitiveness of this book demonstrates that the author does not know how to accurately organize a book. Entire pages of chapters were IDENTICAL. That's ridiculous. Find a better organization technique, or don't make the book so long. If I read it once, I don't need to see the same thing again three chapters later, and if I do, I'll go back and read it.

4. This is just a perosnal pet peeve--but citing yourself? Yuck. Way to have an ego boost.

5. Is there a way to utilize foot notes or end notes? So many sentences and paragraphs become distracting because of the several citations belonging to that sentence. ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |

csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,427,674 books! | Top bar: Always visible