The Dying of the Light: End by Jason…

The Dying of the Light: End (edition 2012)

by Jason Kristopher, Oliver Wetter (Illustrator)

Member:Teritree001971
Title:The Dying of the Light: End
Authors:Jason Kristopher
Other authors:Oliver Wetter (Illustrator)
Info:Grey Gecko Press (2012), Edition: 2nd Edition, Hardcover, 378 pages
Rating:**

The Dying of the Light: End by Jason Kristopher

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
First zombie book ever, took me a while to get into the story but once I did I could not put it down, definitely reading second part and see how the story ends!!! ( )
  albamr | Jun 11, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The dying of the Light by Jason Kristopher was an excellent read I did not want to put it down or stop reading it till the end. I would read a sequel to it as well. I would highly recommend this book to others. ( )
  Rottie | Jun 11, 2013 |
Zombie-military novel, with a surprising touch of romance amidst the apocalypse. Significantly better than the cover art would suggest, but I'm not familiar enough with the genre – or the real-world military – to know if the military elements are solid, or if they'd throw an expert right out of the story, but it worked for me. Bleak, indeed, but the first of a series, apparently, so maybe there's room for hope there – the author certainly tries to suggest it in this book's ending, but it's hard to overcome the sheer, well, bleakness of the concept.
(received from Member Giveaways) ( )
  AlexDraven | Mar 24, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is only the second zombie book I have ever read the other being the excellent world war z. I enjoyed the book and found some of the characters interesting. I found the Dreibach (sp?) character by far the most interesting but unfortunately he wasn't used much during the book. Some of the scenarios were a little convenient with them always finding usable jet fuel and runway. Also I found the conclusion a little to neatly wrapped up whereas I would assume in a real zombie apocalypse there would be no happy endings. Overall an enjoyable little distraction from the zombieless real world. ( )
  Shelco | Mar 5, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Received this book, "Dying of the Light: Interval" as an early reviewer.
I enjoyed this book, but not at first. The reason was, I had not read the first book! So I downloaded it, read the first book, then picked up the "Interval" book from where I left off. It made so much more sense then!
Interval is a good book, considering it is a middle book. I think if I was an author, it would be hard to make the middle book interesting. And Mr. Kristopher pulls it off. He introduces a new location, with new antagonists, into the basic premise of the story.
The characters from the first book, which after reading, you anticipate hearing their parts of the continuation of the story. The new setting adds an interesting line, survival on the most inhospitable continent of the world.
Logically, the story follows what would be concerns after a zombie apocalypse. Living in Antartica, living inside an underground bunker for decades, the passage of life. My only criticism is that the long interlude between Shaw in Christchurch, and the rescue. It would probably make an entire book in and of, itself.
The books have a nice, balanced blend of military and humanism. Because let's be real, a zombie apocalypse would be concerning both. The spirit and perseverance of human beings is exemplified in the characters. Yet the ugly truth of killing and survival are not glossed over.
I personally, enjoyed both books, and am not unhappy that I paid for the first installment. I look forward to further chapters of this story from Mr. Kristopher. ( )
  hsudonym | Mar 2, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 098361850X, Paperback)

"The best zombie book since World War Z..." - Arthur S, Amazon Review

"I read at least a book a day of all genres and I can honestly say that I am amazed that this is the first book Jason Kristopher has written. And, unlike many zombie books that are a short and easy read, this is a real novel. I can't wait to read the next installment." - RandiTS, Amazon Review

"This is a wonderful zombie/military novel! Kristopher's invigorating prose and storytelling abilities blew me away as I read. He's taken a mythical concept and created an extremely scary novel intertwining real world current events with the zombie apocalypse." - A Book Vacation, Amazon Review

"I didn't see Rebecca die the second time."

The United States military hides a secret: the completely real existence of eat-your-brains, one-bite-and-you're-dead zombies. The Army has known they exist for over a hundred years, and has been quietly and expertly keeping the secret.

Until now.

His hometown destroyed, with everyone he has ever known dead and gone, the sole survivor of the massacre at Fall Creek joins a secret military group to combat the single greatest threat our world has ever faced. Unfortunately, his help may come too late. Even as victories over the walkers mount, the seeds of our ultimate doom are sown from within, and at the last, only a brave few may survive to carry on.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:58 -0400)

Jason Kristopher is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Grey Gecko Press

4 editions of this book were published by Grey Gecko Press.

Editions: 098361850X, 0983618542, 0983618534, 193882136X

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Dying of the Light: Interval by Jason Kristopher was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,526,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible