The Dying of the Light: End by Jason…

The Dying of the Light: End (edition 2012)

by Jason Kristopher, Oliver Wetter (Illustrator)

Member:Teritree001971
Title:The Dying of the Light: End
Authors:Jason Kristopher
Other authors:Oliver Wetter (Illustrator)
Info:Grey Gecko Press (2012), Edition: 2nd Edition, Hardcover, 378 pages
Rating:**

The Dying of the Light: End (Volume 1) by Jason Kristopher

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
First zombie book ever, took me a while to get into the story but once I did I could not put it down, definitely reading second part and see how the story ends!!! ( )
  albamr | Jun 11, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The dying of the Light by Jason Kristopher was an excellent read I did not want to put it down or stop reading it till the end. I would read a sequel to it as well. I would highly recommend this book to others. ( )
  Rottie | Jun 11, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a well thought out, if rather complex and sometimes far-fetched post-apocalyptic zombie story, although thankfully the conflict is derived from the various ways the human characters respond to the situation.

There are a sometimes bewilderingly large number of characters to keep track of, some carried over from the previous book in this series, which I would recommend reading before starting on this one. I also found the way the book switched between first and third person narrative somewhat confusing at times, and a bit of a distraction from the story.

The story was interesting enough, and the book was entertaining to read.
  mysticed | Apr 30, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed reading this book. Zombies is not my usual idea for finding a new book. Survival in the future is and the characters were very believable for me. It was a very scary story and the author did a very good job building the story for me. The story was a lot to follow in one book. Very interesting change for me!! ( )
  hope3957 | Apr 6, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is my 1st Zombie book. I am not sure I would read another zombie book however this had a great story based on the people and very little on the zombies. I will look at reading book 1 and maybe book 3. ( )
  Davidvoz | Apr 1, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 098361850X, Paperback)

"The best zombie book since World War Z..." - Arthur S, Amazon Review

"I read at least a book a day of all genres and I can honestly say that I am amazed that this is the first book Jason Kristopher has written. And, unlike many zombie books that are a short and easy read, this is a real novel. I can't wait to read the next installment." - RandiTS, Amazon Review

"This is a wonderful zombie/military novel! Kristopher's invigorating prose and storytelling abilities blew me away as I read. He's taken a mythical concept and created an extremely scary novel intertwining real world current events with the zombie apocalypse." - A Book Vacation, Amazon Review

"I didn't see Rebecca die the second time."

The United States military hides a secret: the completely real existence of eat-your-brains, one-bite-and-you're-dead zombies. The Army has known they exist for over a hundred years, and has been quietly and expertly keeping the secret.

Until now.

His hometown destroyed, with everyone he has ever known dead and gone, the sole survivor of the massacre at Fall Creek joins a secret military group to combat the single greatest threat our world has ever faced. Unfortunately, his help may come too late. Even as victories over the walkers mount, the seeds of our ultimate doom are sown from within, and at the last, only a brave few may survive to carry on.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:50 -0400)

Jason Kristopher is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Grey Gecko Press

Seven editions of this book were published by Grey Gecko Press.

Editions: 098361850X, 0983618542, 0983618534, 1938821211, 1938821238, 193882122X, 193882136X

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Dying of the Light: Interval by Jason Kristopher was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,969,549 books! | Top bar: Always visible